It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Everyone on Earth needs to see this video** It will Change your life...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandrake
reply to post by jon1

You know questions starting with 'why' are the questions that have shaped our scientific advance. You should be thankful for people who ask those questions.

I'm sorry if I or other people who don't share the same belief as yourself have offended you.

Could you please give me some sort of guidance and advice on how to get the answers for the things that I am wondering about.

I honestly want to believe in a supreme being, I really do. But I find it so hard to do so in the absence of the slightest clue that such an entity is real. If you have a way to verify it besides faith please kindly enlighten me, and then I would gladly admit that I am wrong.

People who don't share the same belief as me don't offend me at all, just the ones that mock god without really doing much to find out more and i don't mean just reading the bible. You need to talk to people that do believe in God and ask them how it impacts thier lives.

Nothing i say would ever make you say that you are wrong.
I can tell you of many "Miracles" that i have seen and been part of, if anything, at the very best that would only make you want to find out more.

Keep digging and when your heart tells you to, Talk to God, ask him into your life. Its as simple as that.
You can sit on the fence all your life watching others but untill you climb down you can never join in.

It's all to easy to be like others and mock things but it's a lot harder to find your own truth.

Try swimming upstream for a change. It's not easy but you will see things that others miss.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Im kinda in a rush right now, ill reply back to yall later. Just wanted to say, that this is unbelievable that yall would not even want to trust or believe in God. Like i said ill explain this later as i am in a rush...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maninthemaze
This video does nothing for those of use in the midwest. We don't surf here and god's love only has a tendency to show itself after deer hunting season and few beers. Please post something unique, constructive and not recycled material from the 700 club. Upon watching this video it does not change the fact that the country is broke, the planet is warming, politicians are corrupt and Steve Guttenberg is still making movies. Show me something I haven't seen, tell me something I don't already know. That or broaden your youtube search while listening to 'shiny happy people' and take in more Eno.

i'm not a big fan of this video but it appears to have good intentions

i would ask you a question.

whose belief is stronger .........yours that the world is warming

or his that there is indeed a god

some non believers like to talk down to those who believe in god ( I don't believe but i respect those that do/ b/c IMO religion is an option for strength in a beleif system)

I would guesstimate that you think those that believe in such things are "weaker minded" but i think it is just something that human nature allows us to be suseptible to falling into ......just like you likely have good intentions about the enviornment and at some level think that global warming is too big of an issue (pro enviornmental) not to have on your side so you believe it strongly, almost as strong as someone else is convinced in god, IMO both are duped (B/C both are likely propoganda) to further agenada that deals with greed and power/control that use leverage of peoples emotions to suck them in and make it tuff to get out, but it doesn't really matter because you believe it, and therefore you both see all information surrounding both topics from perception filters that rationalize information to strengthen or maintain your belief. and if i were in your shoes i would just rationalize that i have no idea what i am talking about UNLESS i gave my mind the option (and convinced myself i could impliment it) of feeling safe and changing my mind

[edit on 6-12-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Why did the FBI not arrest the prostitute when the drugs where found and who was Jimmy? this movie doesn't make any sense!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this is a cool video and all man. a beautiful belief with good intentions. but really think about it. GOD nailed to the cross. god.....went through....pain? a human emotion? god....the creator of what we learn in the "quantum" field, downsized itself. into a human form? god....in a human form.

GOD did not ask to be nailed to a cross. people chose..with their free will. so tell me, if they wouldnt have been so hostile, and the method of death so painful, would you say god died for our sins.....through old age? well you know what? i would rather go to hell than think someone else died for MY choices. how dare you (in general) cast your sins on someone else. sooo....what about the people that died before god came into this world in human form? so if jesus died for our sins, and a man has a heart attack right after, then why does he have an easier ticket into this place of golden streets and peace and love where as OH!!!....sorry "jim" you were given more time to sin so u go to a place where u burn forever.

and i lack the knowledge so if someone can u2u me on this. did jesus ask to be nailed to the cross? and did he say he is dieing for our sins? and what does that even mean? the whipping boy? if god truly died for our sins then doesnt that mean everytime we sin we have just as quickly atoned??

now before anyone responds to this hastily, what i am asking may contradict your belief, but i am not trying to disprove you. i am simply trying to attain your knowledge and understanding. your perception. your BELIEF

In Lak'ech

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
what the hell is it with people making posts with no information about what im supposed to be viewing or understanding in advance?

"watch this, omg, best video ever, it'll change your life"

how about actually providing your own thoughts on it or some info on what its about next time.

if you cant be arsed telling me what it is im about to view then i cant be arsed viewing it.

or is this a surprise attack, coz if you mentioned its about "imaginary friends in the sky" then people would instantly click off anyway?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sorry, but this is the kind of stuff that changed my life years ago when I went to church for the first time and became an atheist afterward.

Let me get this straight: God created me flawed, then expects me to be good, when he seems to have no morals at all. If I am "bad" he will punish me for being the flawed person he created. He loves me, but if I don't believe in him and his son, who is his own father, and love him in return, he will burn me forever. I'm supposed to be laughing, smiling, and worshiping this god? Umm...right. I think that guy crashed into one too many rocks when he was surfing.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
some dumb christian trying to spread his fairy tale. Yes I am talking about the OP.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Don't push your god crap on me, everyone with half a brain knows we are all made by aliens.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If by change your life, you mean make me mad I wasted time on this goofy video... then you might be correct. No one "needs" to see this video... and most will be disappointed if they do.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
the second I heard that crappy motivational music I knew what it was all about.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by furiousracer313
Im kinda in a rush right now, ill reply back to yall later. Just wanted to say, that this is unbelievable that yall would not even want to trust or believe in God. Like i said ill explain this later as i am in a rush...

What? seriously there Show time, you must be kidding. Oz is a joke. I read somewhere that "to the poor and powerless religion is truth, to the educated it is a myth, and to the powerful and rich it is useful. I could show you in five minuets so many contradictions in the bible you would not believe it (if you would open your eyes). Here is a start
www.infidels.org...
and not to mention the evil things that Oz says to do in the book. Try looking up what you should do with an unruly child for starters.
Ecclesiastics 30:11
Don't give him [your son] freedom while he is young, and don't overlook what he does wrong. Whip him while he is still a child, and make him respect your authority.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 :
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Then some person will come here and say yes but we have gone to the new testament. Soo you mean to tell me that there are two bibles? what is truth with this Oz character. then we say oh yes we only support the parts of the bible that are in our best interest. COME ON, wake up it is fairy tale. legend. MYTH.
You can believe what you want my friend but I am not that gullible.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by red 5]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
dear wondering friend,
if you would like some help sorting out if God is real, try reading some books by C. S. Lewis," Mere Christianity " for starters. He was an atheist and then made some discoveries.Also author Lee Strobel has a series of books, i think the first one's name is the case for christianity, he is really great. also tanbooks.com just read the descriptions of the books, you;ll learn alot.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I stuck with it for six minutes, than I could stand it no more.

This has nothing to do with any conspiracy and is nothing more than a sermon from a religious moron. It belongs in BTS in my humble opinion.

Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

YES! I AM A SPIRITUAL ANARCHIST!

Love and light,

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by craig732

the video is not going to change your life..it encourages you to start a personal relationship with your creator God and that relationship
results in a total change in your life, the way you think about your
life. your understanding of the purpose for your life and the true destiny of your soul....allow God to bless you

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
God didn't create us with flaws, His original intention was that Adam live forever...that is until he (Adam) sinned. God created us with a free will...free to deside our own direction/path. And yes, if you choose to follow HIM, you will be rewarded for the tough times you will surely encounter on this narrow path. You see, it's quite easy to follow a wide trodden down path.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jon1

Any number of people, no matter how large, that argues two and two is five is in the wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
But I'm a Spiritual Anarchist, I follow no path. I prance happily through the path I choose and listen to no dogma but of the message from my own heart, for this is truly where the one who created us all will choose to speak.

Not from the book, but from the heart, will you ever truly hear the voice of God.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You just said it..."I prance happily through the path I choose "
And in the end, what if you're wrong?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by mytquin]

[edit on 6-12-2008 by mytquin]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
surfboards = awesome

"god's" creation = awesome