It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Everyone on Earth needs to see this video** It will Change your life...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This video WILL change your life. Just watch the full 15 mins of it, and post your thoughts.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
surfboards = awesome

"god's" creation = awesome

children = awesome

people burning in hell because they didn't watch this video = priceless

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I watched the full 15 minutes.

Please explain how and why the video is supposed to change my life.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
you watched the whole thing? sorry but you got jacked, i watched about half.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Gargantuan waste of time.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I kept thinking there in the second half that the guy was nuts going surfing with all those sharp, blunt, and oddly shaped rocks everywhere... Oh, and what a stomach turning religious appeal.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
didn't even make past a minute or so
clicked once further on and still the same droning, lecturing tone of an apparent know-it-all

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This video does nothing for those of use in the midwest. We don't surf here and god's love only has a tendency to show itself after deer hunting season and few beers. Please post something unique, constructive and not recycled material from the 700 club. Upon watching this video it does not change the fact that the country is broke, the planet is warming, politicians are corrupt and Steve Guttenberg is still making movies. Show me something I haven't seen, tell me something I don't already know. That or broaden your youtube search while listening to 'shiny happy people' and take in more Eno.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Laughter? All through the Bible, the men and women who fully trusted and walked in the ways of G-d went through VERY troubled times.. not "soft" hard times that most Americans are accustomed to, but TRULY hard times. And if you subscribe to the New Testament, it is PROMISED that you will not have good times in this life, but rather that you WILL suffer for His name’s sake and that you will weep. This guy is lying from the get go and it is not the gospel of even the New Testament.

G-d doesn’t want to take, but wants to give? G-d speaks over and over about giving to Him. There is a promise that if one is faithful through actions in this life despite the troubles that they WILL suffer, after the resurrection, G-d will give joy and peace along with much more; but this guy is very obviously giving the false hope that those promises will come NOW if they just “accept” G-d NOW.
Errr... this kind of message sets people up to not only fall, but almost guarantees their turning away from G-d permanently. PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID, they are just given the wrong message by "feel good teachers and preachers" posing to be G-d's messengers

If you miss out on that, you are going to miss out on the whole point of your life? What? G-d giving? So, in essence, G-d is here for us? Is he reading the same Bible I am reading?

“I think your life on earth on earth would be better if you don’t kill each other”… G-d said that? Uh, now I KNOW he isn’t reading the same bible. God said “Thou shalt NOT kill” and He never once said it was because He THINKS life would be better on earth. He commanded it without reason. The reason might be there intellectually, but let’s not go putting words in G-d’s mouth, especially when people who are NOT stupid are reading that G-d killed more ppl than any human has. There may be reason for it, but you can’t justify that reasoning with the made up words this guy said came from G-d.

G-d said “ If you guys were just k… KINDA honest with each other, if you could love each other, this place would be amazing?” BUUUZZZ!! Game over! He didn’t say this either. He said “Thou shalt not bear false witness.” Not “Thou shalt KIND OF be honest with each other and this will place will be amazing.” There are people who are honest who don’t really feel that this place is all that amazing. This guy is wrong for making up promises and then attributing them to G-d… it makes this guy in the video a liar and thus unbelievable to many ppl.

I see what he is saying about people kind of freak out when they start looking at themselves…. KIND of agree. SOME people freak out and the wise ones are the ones that turn to G-d and forsake those ways to bring honor for Him… but like he said in the video, there will be NO excuse because just like the earth’s rotation around the sun is caused by the gravitational pull, so is our being pulled to something outside ourselves (again, as is evident by THE THOUSANDS of posts on this board) so they are choosing to look everywhere but Him… thus, it isn’t “KIND OF freaking out,” it is out right rebellion. Also, there ARE others who KNOW for a fact what that pull to search is and where it comes from and they are angry about it and thus, they seek to pull down the “common” man.. to be their stumbling block because they have VERY personal issues with G-d.

He is right about how we look at the horrors and who is behind them and judge ourselves by them, thus feeling good that we aren’t THAT bad… but trying to talk to people about there not being a curve when they see all the horrors going on does no good. In some ways, G-d will judge on a curve. There are levels of punishment that are talked about in the bible… punishment may be punishment, but let’s not forget that, yes, there is a curve.

“Despite everything you’ve done in your life, G-d still loves you and he doesn’t *want* to punish you’? WRONG!!! Refer to the following verses (abhor, according to the Merriam-webster dictionary “: to regard with extreme repugnance : LOATHE
synonyms see HATE”
:
Leviticus 20: 23 “You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.”
Leviticus 26:30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars and pile your dead bodies on the lifeless forms of your idols, and I will abhor you.
Psalms 5:6 You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.
Psalm 10:3 For the wicked boasteth of his heart's desire, and blesseth the covetous, whom the LORD abhorreth.
Psalm 78:59 When God heard this, he was wroth, and greatly abhorred Israel:
Proverbs 22:14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the LORD shall fall therein.

Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

And read revelations for those that believe the New Testament. Doesn’t sound like despite everything one has done, that G-d will still love that person. The love HAS A REQUIREMENT!!! And it ISN’T acceptance of G-d.

And see, I am still up in the air about Jesus…. I see too many mistakes in the text called the New Testament that has been put in my hand. While I have recently, after much begging and crying (and still not smiling like that dude is bc I know that things aren’t peachy keen and they will only get worse before we see the promise in the OLD testament come to pass) come to actually sympathize and in fact empathize with G-d, I can’t see an inspired work of His having as many errors as there are in the New Testament; not to mention the G-d of the old testament says that there is NO other gods that were formed before Him nor will there or are there any formed after Him. Jesus as the son of G-d? maybe… just as it calls many men in the bible “sons of G-d”…. Our Saviour? Well, if one doesn’t believe the G-d of the old testament, then I guess it could be possible Jesus is our Saviour… but the G-d of the old testament, the one who said there were and shall be no other gods formed also stated that He alone was our Saviour and that we were to be saved merely by trusting Him and turning to Him… never does He state that we were to put our trust in a man on earth by following after Him.

And see, this guys love of G-d and excitement comes from walking on a beach. Too many ppl are testifying the horrors that are going on right now to innocent children… he never once touches on that fact and attempts to give an explanation. The salvation he is speaking of is contradictory to what ppl see in the Bible and in fact, contradicts the horrors that are happening now. PEOPLE ARE NOT STUPID… they may be *snipping* stubborn and love their own lives more than G-d, but they will never understand unless the UGLINESS is shown and exposed… thus, most ppl will turn a deaf ear to such a message as given in this video.

A question such as “what would it feel to see your child nailed to a cross” has little effect on ppl because they are witnessing other parents, right now… this moment, who are watching their children starve to death w/out any means to save them. They see children who are suffering in ways that are just as horrific, if not worse at the hands of ruthless greedy arse holes while the parents stand by helpless to save them or alleviate their suffering and this message this guy is giving ignores that and leaves ppl with a disgust for G-d… understandably so.

“It feels so good that the Creator loves me that intensely” meanwhile, he is sitting on a beach, obviously fed, not only clothed but with SURFERS clothes AND a surfboard, not having to worry about someone coming and beating his arse… throwing him out of his house.. shooting his children.. etc.

“Regardless of anything in your life, he wants you, but you have to accept Him” (and yet, in this, he leaves out so much of the important content of the Bible). G-d makes it clear that you have to make YOURSELF acceptable to HIM, not the other way around. Are we here for G-d or is He here for us? What he says points to the latter and that is a false statement and obviously the basis of what he believes, thus the reason his video is not scripturally based. Ultimately, this is why this video will lack any power for any non believers.

He is correct about the fact that we were made to the equivalent of a bride to G-d, but this does require submission and it is BECAUSE of that submission based on trust that we EVENTUALLY (though certainly not now) will have peace and live with and among others in peace in communion with G-d (but again, not now and not in this time….. we don’t all get to walk on beaches and in fact, anyone who can give off this type of happy happy joy joy message is lacking the message of the G-d of the Bible).

AHHHHH!! AND in that statement “It’s almost as though G-d’s *universe* is proposing to you now” we see the marks of paganism and mysticism.

Anyway.. finished with the picking apart. Basically, this message is not of the Bible (not even the new testament’s account of G-d) and thus, because it denies so much in the bible, it will only make those who THINK they are Godly, but in fact are not, feel good about themselves.. that's it. It is a feel good message that MANY of these ppl on this board have tried and it has failed them BECAUSE IT IS THE FALSE word of G-d. Tell the truth, don’t deny the ugliness or try to excuse it because it needs no excuse. There is the truth and then there is the lie that masquerades as the truth. People are not stupid and can see the pitfalls in what is being said by this man walking on a beautiful beach with the extras in life while millions are suffering.. not because of G-d.. but this video does little to show that side of life.. THEREFORE, it is a lie and a false message claimed to be of G-d.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
the first 60 seconds looked like an infomercial....(turned it off and have no clue what its about)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
what a bull# ... change my life?

the video assumes that the bible is the truth, that there is one god ... nothing more to say ....

maybe the bible is the truth, we all must be open minded, but the mathematics dont lie ... the chances of the bible beeing a #ing manipulation is too high ...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Can't blame the poster after me at ALL!!! felt the same way

The next poster is right... it is bull *snip*!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. And I DO believe in G-d.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by furiousracer313

One of the lamest videos of all time. Come on dude!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
LoL I stopped watching at about 2:40 at the exact moment he said the word "god"

I'm catholic myself btw, but I'm no religious fanatic. Would've rather have seen the guy surf to be quite honest with you.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by maninthemaze
This video does nothing for those of use in the midwest. We don't surf here and god's love only has a tendency to show itself after deer hunting season and few beers. Please post something unique, constructive and not recycled material from the 700 club. Upon watching this video it does not change the fact that the country is broke, the planet is warming, politicians are corrupt and Steve Guttenberg is still making movies. Show me something I haven't seen, tell me something I don't already know. That or broaden your youtube search while listening to 'shiny happy people' and take in more Eno.

man, i don't know who you are, but i'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

the guy in the video is very engaging and it was very scenic, but it tended to drag a little. I'll give it a C+

[edit on 12/6/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I watched it, 15 minutes of it. It was pretty good but it sure didn't change anything in my life.

So the guy was trying to talk me in to believing in God. I mean, which christian doesn't

So I'm supposed to believe in God after I watch that video? The guy didn't provide any evidence of God's existence besides saying that the Bible says so and he believes so, so that must be the undeniable truth.
(even is there were any evidence of God's existence, I'd have to think again whether I'd embrace him or not...probably not.)

Watching the video was somewhat fun though. It reminds me of how absurd the Bible is.

- God created everything, he provided with everything we need including the nice beach where that video was taken because he loves us. Yeah right, then he also created Katrina, AIDS, tsunamis, earthquakes and all hell that is befalling earth, because he loves us.

- He loves us so much that he puts us through a life time of suffering and judges whether we did good enough be accepted in to his heaven. If he loves us so much, why did he create earth and all suffering in the first place? He could have created a bigger heaven and let us all in, some great love there.

-God was pissed off that we were out of his control so he was gonna punish us, but then decided not to and sent his Jesus son down to get nailed to a crucifix to quell his anger. If he loves us and his son so much why doesn't he forgive us outright without having to send Jesus to go through all that? -God is obviously passive aggressive.

Those are just some of the absurdities of the Bible and it never ceases to amaze me how some people are so deluded to believe in it.

I mean, STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT. You're believing in a badly written fairytale. Read the whole bible again putting aside your blind faith and you'll see.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I can see that the anti God brigade is out in full force today.

Judging by some of your comments on here it is obvious that many of you are very single minded and know nothing about God. You just keep on saying why this, and why that.
Well why don't you get out there and and gather some info.
You just assume that everyone is lying to you or they are crazy.
Remember, it is you who are in the minority in this world, not those who believe in God.

Yes, there are flaws in the video but this guy is not a preacher doing a sermon. He is talking very matter of factly.
Chill out a little.

The truth is out there, as they say.
Go find it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

I can see that the anti God brigade is out in full force today. Judging by some of your comments on here it is obvious that many of you are very single minded and know nothing about God. You just keep on saying why this, and why that.

Oh no, we are not anti God, we are anti Jehovah. There's a difference. And we do know a lot about God. It is fundamental Christians who know nothing about God. They believe in a judgmental, vengeful, and murderous God.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The video is not closed captioned so they must not be thinking of millions of deaf people. How very nice.

Well, I'm not missing out anyway but hey I had to grow up with different preachers preaching to me fire and brimstone in sign language and they were very dramatic.

Yes, that is all I have heard from them... how awful hell was and that sinners would suffer for all eternity. Wow, what a nice god! Nice going!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

You know questions starting with 'why' are the questions that have shaped our scientific advance. You should be thankful for people who ask those questions.

I'm sorry if I or other people who don't share the same belief as yourself have offended you.

Could you please give me some sort of guidance and advice on how to get the answers for the things that I am wondering about.

I honestly want to believe in a supreme being, I really do. But I find it so hard to do so in the absence of the slightest clue that such an entity is real. If you have a way to verify it besides faith please kindly enlighten me, and then I would gladly admit that I am wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join