It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Judas the Traitor a Good Guy, While Paul the Apostle a Bad One?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

The whole of Christianity is about initiation into knowing God and you have allowed yourself to believe that initiation ends with the eucharist?

Which Paul invented.

Personal knowledge is why I'm speaking up about the Bridal Chamber and I want others to know, that the fourth cup (the one Jesus refused to drink at that dinner) is attainable now but most don't realize where it is and why they don't perceive it.

Gnosis? The Sacred Secrets? It is the Sacred Secrets that I look for and I believe are being revealed now.

I'm editing what I wrote, because it came across sort of snotty and that's not the way to be. Do you mind if I ask you if you have ever been baptized? If you have, at what age? I was just a little girl when I was baptized. I had my first experience around the age of seventeen, but I rejected what was happening and it took another 20+ years for things to finally unfold.

"I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the GOD of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:3

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I had a thought today, and it was very interesting, and it stuck to my consciousness like gum on an old boot.

There's a girl I like to talk to, she is essentially a literalist, and I was trying to reconfigure my paradigms and dig for ideas, so I could make her reality intelligible to my own.

Have you ever heard of Quantum Angels?

I have told her that she has based her worldview on a collection of Jewish Fairy Tales, as Bill Maher would say, a bunch of semi-historical myths cribbed from the civilizations that dominated the middle east 5,000 years ago.

And yet, there is a kind of allegory, if you read Genesis as a simplification of evolution, it still makes sense, in an incomplete, simplified way...

but what was beginning to stick to my brain was The DreamTime... Mythological Thinking has it's power, because if there are Quantum Angels, and our expectations inform our realities, then it must be considered that perhaps there is a location in spacetime, a time and a place, that's there right now, but it's also in the past, because it informs this world, it creates this world, and the Quantum Angels make it so...

every world is interconnected, the world of the mind and the world of the body, and the world of energy and so on.

a mirror, but some are mirrors that give truly opposite reflections..

in some time that is right now, but somehow before, there IS a garden and a snake and a sword of fire, and these things really are happening, these Mythological Worlds, and they are what our minds make of the data we receive from higher order emanations, from different reflections our minds cannot cope with...

if you look deep enough inside, will Krishna be smiling back you, will he be playing his flute? Quantum Physics and Chaos Theory have done nothing less than proved these Fairy Tales true, but in a very infuriating sense.

I remember a line from a movie I enjoy, Total Recall: 'listen to yourself, Doug.. she's real because you dreamed her?'

just a thought, just a thought that stuck to the roof of my brain like peanut butter, and me with no milk...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Christ!

These three should suffice to convince anyone interested in the truth that Paul's conversion was not of the Truth. To understand this, it is necessary to widen the scope of the devils domain, so-to-speak. The devils domain is all of consciousness, time, energy, images, forms, distance, action, history, past, future, earth, "the universe", and man. This is essentially a domain of black magic. For every attribute relative to the Kingdom of God, the devil's domain has a substitute and its opposite. Notwithstanding, there are substitutes for "Jesus", "Christ", "light", "good", and "real".

The irony is; this is where Paul added to his mythology in creating Christianity is that Satan is the ruler of the world which was very Gnostic. He deviated from Gnosticism in that he did not believe in the Demiurge as they did.

But his Gnosis he added to Christianity was nothing but Jesus being the savior through his death and only if the Christian is aware of this sacrifice and understands by faith this sacrifice. He managed to leave out most, if not all of Jesus teachings!

He essentially took from the OT what he wanted and chose the rest from Gnosticism. What did Jesus have to do with any of it?

The two main elements he took from the OT is the gOd of Genesis, and the concept of sacrifice. But the reason these are in the OT is because they are deeply ingrained in the mind that manifests the human phenomena...in the confused subconscious mind of man. These two elements compromise Jesus teachings to the point that they mangle truthul symbolism beyond recognition...mocking all reason...and making meaningless what had meaning when it came from Jesus mouth.

There is evidence, however, that Paul did hear with his ears, an authentic legacy, as carried on by the likes of Stephen. In bringing charges against "the Way", he most certainly listened to what they had to say. And he did pick up on it as a lingo or jargon, which he adapted to his ends. This is the extent of Paul's understanding...a surface comprehension of a deeper truth. As an example, he says, 'There is neither male nor female in Christ. There is no Jew or Greek in Christ. There is no slave or free in Christ.' While this is a truism, and a legacy of authentic teachers of Jesus' "Way", it is meaningless unless understood. Paul did not understand it...did not understand what is Christ. And that is because he could not imagine Christ to be anything other than a multinational corporation of glorified personas headed by Jesus, excluding unbelievers in his gospel of guilt, sacrifice, and heirarchal system of post resurrection rewards. As such, Paul's eschatology is an adaptation out of the school of Pharisee, adapted to include those "Gentiles" who met strict membership conditions, and excluding those who did not. In effect, his gospel served to extend the hostage taking attributes of the idol of Israel to include Gentile slaves of the same false gOd. This served effectively to extend priestcraft and corresponding bookcraft beyond the borders of Israel...beyond Hebrew ethnicity. This placed Paul in the position of a Levitic-like priest over a Gentile class. That is the most obvious fruit of his legacy.

The good news is that all things work together for GoD, regardless how much confusion intervenes, regardless how many years intervene.

Membership in Christ is not based on belief. Everyone is a member, whether they believe it or not. Those who believe remember they are a member, while the unbelievers do not yet remember. And yet, they will, given time. It is only a terroristic eschatology that imposes time limits.

Christ!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Christ!]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Eleleth

The Gospel of Judas is of Gnostic origin as so many of the Lost Books of the Bible. They did not believe in an actual physical savior but one that is allegorical in nature.

But is Gnosis (secret knowledge) being made available today? Why are so many books being released by researchers/authors based on newly found codex's etc. that is opening a whole can of worms for the Christian community? Can man produce this information that is discovered out of thin air? Or are the Gods behind it?

Knowledge is only secret to the extent that the world is designed to defend against it. Knowledge is synonymous with truth, which the world obliterates by its apparent existence. The world is a hypothetical war on the truth, and Christianity [Christi anti] is a part of it. The truth is the first casualty of war...the first casualty of the apparent existence of the world, in which there is no truth whatsoever. Likewise, the truth is the first casualty of the existence of what is popularly understood to be Christianity. As such, the biblical genesis myth is part of a propaganda campaign against the truth.

As if per Freudian slip , it slips the mind that reveals "Revelation" that "the Lamb of God" was, "slain before the foundation of the world". This truly opens a can of worms for the heirs of Paulian legacy. Understood correctly, the crucifixion of Jesus bespeaks - enparody - of the true genesis of the world. The world is a mockery of creation. As such, it is reenacted in a rediculous parody: the mockery, mangling, and killing of "the truth", per Jesus' crucifixion.

A parody is a parable in action. All of Jesus' actions enparody the mind of the Son of God in regards it's genesis and exodus from "the world". And while the crucifixion speaks of the world's nasty genesis, his resurrection speaks of the world's happy end, ending with the exodus of the Son of God from it's tangled web of deceit.

The truth has the attributes of a lamb...meek...defenseless. As such, the world seems to - temporarily - triumph over it...mock it...mangle it...slaughter it...and kill it. The resurrection of Jesus is a prophecy enparody. The truth will rise from where it was "dead", and the light of it will dawn upon the darkened mind that is the world. What is saved? The mind of Christ, nearly destroyed by the insanity of all that is anti Christ...nearly destroyed by self-concepts...nearly destroyed by the bodily machine that is man.

Is knowledge being made available today? Yes! To the extent that it is made welcome in a world/mind that otherwise has no room for it. The light is spreading. Though it has been 2000 years since the dawn, and though it may be another million years until the dark is gone, the gospel of Jesus will accomplish its purpose: to return the Son of God to his home. Salvation is for the mind of the Son of God, that aspect of mind which wanders away from Reality to make a world utterly foreign from it. So, salvation is for the mind that believes guilt and sacrifice are the ways of GoD. So, salvation is for the mind that struggles with the legacy of Paul. So, salvation is for all that is real. So, salvation is not for mankind, for man is a manifestation of many, opposed to the oneness of the mind of the Son. Man is an unreal manifestation of what is anti One. Man is a symbol...an image of false thought...a mistaken belief about Self. Man cannot be saved. However, Self can be saved from many self-concepts.

Man cannot produce the knowledge that is coming forth over time. Knowledge, meek as a lamb, is allowed to forward as it is welcomed. You can say that the Holy Spirit is behind it, because the Holy Spirit is in charge of the salvation of the wrecked aspects of the mind of the Son of God.

Christ!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

This is the same meaning as "helper" made for Adam to complement him, not be him, but to prop him up. "For every test, there must be the death of the testator"...

Yes, I come to believe and see for myself that Satan is actually part of Gods plan and just doing his duty. Really what the Jews in the Torah believed. It was dramatically changed in the NT.

I do not excuse evil, however! There is evil out there and if one denies it, I know they have not experienced it. But from Satan?

Here in is the big secret....Christ is the one with the Double edged sword that issues out of his mouth....that cuts "this way and that".....saying one thing and doing another....not "letting the right hand know what the left hand is doing"

Yes, he came to separate and divide. Is he doing that now?

Think of s.a.t.a.n. as a separation analogue welcomed into the mind of Christ who makes it to answer a question: 'What if everything was different'? Christ is everything, so, the answer to the question is going to be "anti Christ". The question is akin to "What am I"? Christ knows who he is. So the answer to such a question would be expressed in negative terms...expressed as not this, not that. Therefore, whatever the world is, it is nOt representative of Christ. Rather, it is everything that Christ is nOt. In other words, it is a mask over Christ...a kind of "veil" that prevents the light of Christ from shining. So it is dark and confused.

In this sense, s.a.t.a.n. serves a function: to make different everything that is real. Since Christ is everything real, s.a.t.a.n. makes everything unreal [illusion]. Since Christ is one, s.a.t.a.n. makes everything separate. Since Christ is sane, s.a.t.a.n. makes everything insane...weak...little...limited...confused. In this sense, s.a.t.a.n. performs its function perfectly. In this sense, the world is perfect. It answers perfectly, a silly question. The answer to the question does not add to Christ's knowledge. It merely satisfies curiosity. It is a meaningless question and a meaningless answer. But it has purpose. It is an expression of freedom. It is a gift from Self to Self. It is nOt a gift from *Our Father* who would nOt give what would harm, what makes no sense, what cannot be shared.

Think of s.a.t.a.n. as a machine that meshes with a real mind, well nigh possessing it for its own ends. It exists soley by fiat of belief in a powerful mind, unlimited in scope. Such is the inheritance of the Son of God. As an analogy, think of modern rap music in which a voice is modified with electronic machinery. Think of s.a.t.a.n. as thought system utterly foreign to the ways of GoD. Incompatible, such a thought system conjures up a communication gap that is bridged by the Holy Spirit. Otherwise, the mind that is possessed by it would be lost forever. The Holy Spirit restores communion by dispossesing s.a.t.a.n. from a temporarily confused mind. It disposseses the mind of s.a.t.a.n. by supplying the knowledge necessary for a confused mind to change its beliefs about everything s.a.t.a.n. has taught it to be "true". Primarily, s.a.t.a.n. teaches the Son of God that he is not Lord, nOt One, and separate from his Father and from himSelf, utterly fragmented beyond repair. So teaches the world in so many ways. The Holy Spirit reverses this teaching, one lesson at a time, until the entire mind is retrieved from self-imposed ignorance.

Regardless of appearances, each aspect of mind caught up in s.a.t.a.n.s web of deciet is still lord of all it's experience. And this is why there is ultimately no such thing as evil...no such thing as guilt. All experience is asked for, and given...through Christ...through the law of love.

Christ!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Think of s.a.t.a.n. as a substitute "father". S.a.t.a.n. replaces *Our Father* as co-creator. S.a.t.a.n is an illusiory "partner in crime", so-to-speak. Without s.a.t.a.n., the illusion that is "the world" cannot be pulled off. The making of s.a.t.a.n. allows the Son of God to become his own father, effectively dispossesing *Our Father* relative to Cause and Effect. S.a.t.a.n reverses cause and effect, utterly confusing creative order. In this way, the world is Christ, upside down, backwards, inside out and mangled beyond recognition. To this end, the world is Christ crucified of his own accord, utterly sacrificed...exchanging everything for nothing. This is nOt the will of *Our Father*, who's will it is that his Son know himSelf, and know himself as happy and joyful always.

S.a.t.a.n exists soley by fiat of belief. Before belief there is a wish. And where there is a wish, there is a judgement. So, s.a.t.a.n and hell [the world] begins with a judgement: Separation is the truth...so mote it be! So the world [s.a.t.a.n., hell] is magic...entirely a construct of wishful thinking...fantasy...faith...hypothetical story telling. The spell is dispelled by the gospel...reversed by "repentance", or, change of mind. Separation is a lie, and oneness is the truth. The world begins with judgement, and is maintained by judgement. So, the world ends with "the last judgement".

Whereas faith leads into temptation...faith now leads out of temptation. Truth must be desired, just as untruth was desired. And where there is desire, faith follows. And wereas faith revealed an illusion...faith will reveal the truth. And believing, the believer will "see" the truth. Seeing the truth, the believer will come to know himSelf as the truth. In this way, the Son of God comes to know himSelf again. This is the "second coming" of the Son of God. Temptation is whatever tempts the Son of God to see himself as a self-concept...something nOt himSelf...something that masks himSelf...something that confuses himSelf...something that hooks himSelf to an illusion of himSelf.

S.a.t.a.n serves to mock Self. Self is Creation. So hell is a rediculous parody of creation...blasphemy. It is a joke on Self by Self. It is a joke told backwards, punchline first. The world will end in laughter.

Christ!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81
reply to post by Simplynoone

i respect you beliefs first and foremost, but who are " you people " as you put it.
a few short months ago i would completely agree WITH YOU. why would i question my own beliefs that were so close to yours, why would i do that?
if you can show me one good reason why the bible is indeed inerrant, dont you think i would listen.

things seem to be getting a little " touchy ". just what satan would want, right.

Hi Evil ..sorry I did not reply to your thread last night ..I had to go real quick ...........................the you people comment is people who call evil good and good evil.And they are tossing out the whole bible replacing it with other stuff which cannot be proven as the truth either ..in fact are farther out there in left field than any book (Gnostic) ..etc ..........
I do not know what to say as to why you changed your beliefs ...
All I know is that I have never seen anything in the bible that would make me think Paul is a false prophet .or that Judas was a good guy ...(this is satans ploy calling evil good and good evil just like the word says he would do) So I guess everyones perception when reading must be different .....actually I have never seen it get as bad as it has in the last couple years ...where everyone is tossing the word of God out (Like the bible says ...falling away from the truth ) ..........but the word also says there will also be a famine in the land for the word of God ..I can see why ...with no one even wanting to read it ..tossing it for other books etc ................
Dont let satan put doubt in you (that is what his main goal is) so that you will not find the truth ....search the scriptures and reference them and certainly pray about it ....and for sure do not let anyone lead you away from the truth
Hbr 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For [it is] a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Pe 3:16 As also in all [his] epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as [they do] also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

that seems to be a simpleton view, i have had those beliefs you are so proud of. you have to look into yourself, maybe there are things i believe that are not provable, but the only thing that should matter to me/you/everyone is what is the truth to us.

i have NOT been lead astray, contrary to popular christian dogma.

why do you think the bible says people will be led astray by satan, as a matter of control i believe. dont question it or else!!!!!!!

i have always been the kind of guy who lets actions speak louder than words. my words may escape me at times, but i know what is right, and i know what is wrong. noone/no entity will lead me down the wrong path, honestly i got to tell you, you sound really confused, dont give up hope for YOURSELF.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

They did acknowledge that Jesus physically existed.

I think that it would depend on which Gnostic group one belonged to. I seem to remember some groups who denied Jesus existence but I cannot remember whom, probably later with the Merovingian and perhaps some of the Neo-Platonists?

This quote is interesting from Ioan Culianu:

"Once I believed that Gnosticism was a well-defined phenomenon belonging to the religious history of Late Antiquity...I was soon to learn however, that I was a naif indeed. Not only Gnosis was gnostic, but the Catholic authors were gnostic, the Neoplatonic too, Reformation was gnostic, Communism was gnostic, Nazism was gnostic, liberalism, existentialism and psychoanalysis were gnostic too, modern biology was gnostic, Blake, Yeats, Kafka were gnostic...I learned further that science is gnostic and superstition is gnostic...Hegel is gnostic and Marx is gnostic; all things and their opposite are equally gnostic."

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Personal knowledge is why I'm speaking up about the Bridal Chamber and I want others to know, that the fourth cup (the one Jesus refused to drink at that dinner) is attainable now but most don't realize where it is and why they don't perceive it.

It is not surprising that the Valentinus Gnostics believed in the bridal chamber also. Here is an explanation of the bridal chamber from gnosis.org:

"In regard to salvation, or the fate of the spirit and soul after death, one needs to be aware that help is available. Valentinus, the greatest of Gnostic teachers, taught that Christ and Sophia await the spiritual man -- the pneumatic Gnostic -- at the entrance of the Pleroma, and help him to enter the bridechamber of final reunion."

We can see why Paul emphasized Jesus death and resurrection so much. It was most familiar to him and was easy for him to incorporate this into their doctrine. Remember, he would have had tremendous influence on the NT writers as he came onto the scene before any writing was done.

People conveyed messages orally and with little writing. Most were not literate enough and the writing materials were very limited. I also believe that since so many of the Apostles did not care for Paul...there was reason for it! Perhaps he was teaching things that they don't remember their Lord actually saying????

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm editing what I wrote, because it came across sort of snotty and that's not the way to be. Do you mind if I ask you if you have ever been baptized? If you have, at what age? I was just a little girl when I was baptized. I had my first experience around the age of seventeen, but I rejected what was happening and it took another 20+ years for things to finally unfold.

Yes I was, at the age of 13. I was speaking in front of audiences at the age of 8. I had read the Bible from cover to cover twice by my mid-teens and many more times by my early 40's. I am in my mid 50's now, and I am female also.

It took me many years to step up and question anomalies that always bothered me. Amazingly enough, I received much spirit and countless answers after I left religion.

Spirituality aside from religion, has a quality about it that does not allow for long term misinterpretation, IME. If you are truly open to the need to know more, the answers come. It is mandatory to leave the filters behind!

But, this is not to say that I didn't live with many of my former beliefs for awhile! It is too hard to let go of a lifetime of beliefs without struggle and it can be lonely, because it is so unfamiliar.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaTherion

God, I loved your post!!

Where do I start? The Atheists do not know what they are missing when it comes to gnosis or higher reasoning!

Apply all of the above in your text and you will find truth, IMO. Where we get stuck is in applying rational human reasoning to a cosmos that cannot be translated that way!! Make sense?

IMO there has to be an element of truth to the Gnostic belief system as it penetrates everything in our existence! But again...man will twist a meaning of something in order to make it fit within their comfort zone, the Gnostics were no different.

To me, leaving a higher intelligence out of the equation is just not using all of our gray cells! There are far more possibilities with The Gods being included!

Quantum Angles sounds to me like another term for heavenly congress - angels, one in the same! We just cannot limit our brains to a literal translation of past events. It is too black and white just as atheism is!

I want to explore the M Theory. Know anything about it?

Thanks again for your post! A*4U!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Again, I liked your post. Thank you for contributing to it.

I don't believe he understood a lot either. I do believe that he was power hungry and took parts of what he wanted and left the rest. Then The Church took what he said and elaborated on it.

"Paul, by adopting the Gnostic myth of the descending saviour, produced doctrines typical of Gnosticism in his dualism, his anti-Jewish use of the Jewish scriptures and his antinomianism, though in each case, the more extreme forms of Gnosticism are excluded by Paul's acceptance of the Hebrew Bible as the word of God. He emerges from this examination as a moderate Gnostic, but a Gnostic none the less."

"It is the fusion of these other elements with Gnosticism that constitutes the uniqueness of Paul's mythology. Paul did not invent any of the elements that went to make his mythology; what he did invent was the way in which all the elements were combined to make a new and powerful myth." - Hyam Maccoby

Here is a thought about his spiritual gnosis understanding versus Mary: according to Miriam Therese Winter who wrote; "The Gospel According to Mary" depicts Mary Magdalene as having the "insight" and visions that go far beyond the Apostle Paul's.

It would be no wonder that Jesus would have bonded with her and in this event made Peter jealous!

I too believe that Jesus did indeed exist, but I feel that we are only starting to even begin to understand the man that he was. The fact that there is no literal evidence of him, makes it fit the mystery of the Bible even more, and makes it more worthwhile to be a sleuth!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pureevil81

that seems to be a simpleton view, i have had those beliefs you are so proud of. you have to look into yourself, maybe there are things i believe that are not provable, but the only thing that should matter to me/you/everyone is what is the truth to us.

i have NOT been lead astray, contrary to popular christian dogma.

why do you think the bible says people will be led astray by satan, as a matter of control i believe. dont question it or else!!!!!!!

i have always been the kind of guy who lets actions speak louder than words. my words may escape me at times, but i know what is right, and i know what is wrong. noone/no entity will lead me down the wrong path, honestly i got to tell you, you sound really confused, dont give up hope for YOURSELF.

I dont believe I said anyone has led you astray ..I said dont allow anyone to do that ...I also did not say not to search for truth ..because most definately I think we all need to do that ...... and yes ask questions etc ..
But surely you would not ask a Dentist about mental problems ..you would ask a phsycologist ..or you would not ask a Mechanic about and Air Conditioning problem ...(See what I mean ?) ...same goes for the word of God ...your seeking answers about God from those who do not believe in God (Of course they wont give you truth on it ) ...and your seeking answers for one text (the Bible) from another ..(Gnostic etc) ..what makes you think that if you think one BIBLE (Text) is untrue and your reading another (which is completely CONTRARY to the bible) you think it is true .

I ask you what is the difference ? If one text(The bible) is seen as nonsense with no proof written by men yadda yadda ...then you should also be just as leery with OTHER contrary TEXTS too which are also written by men with wild fantasies of inner godness etc etc ....or for control of the masses etc etc .......................

Am I making sense ? LOL I am not really feeling good today ..sorry if I am not making sense ...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

you made perect sense

i believe there is truth in the bible, matrix said it better than i can " a lie within a lie within the truth "

i dont believe one text over another, that is not the way to be, so we agree for sure. it is about taking what resonates with you, and leaving the rest, not forgetting the rest.....but leave it until later because it might make sense and " resonate " with you later. my opinion of course.

dont confuse seeking truth with being anti-christ.....jesus also had something to say about looking in yourself. mark 9:50 " salt is good but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with eachother "

some will undoubtedly come and say i am twisting scripture there, but i am past that. i will however respect and defend your right to disagree.

i dont want to derail this informative thread.....back to the topic.

peace

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christ!
Think of s.a.t.a.n. as a substitute "father". S.a.t.a.n. replaces *Our Father* as co-creator. S.a.t.a.n is an illusiory "partner in crime", so-to-speak. Without s.a.t.a.n., the illusion that is "the world" cannot be pulled off.

Ever have a complete idea in your mind and be totally unsure as to whether you can express it or not?

This first couple sentences in your post struck me. It sounds so familiar.

That of matter being illusory, and we are as God's brain cells. We are God's dream, and God, in order to experience him/herself fully, split her/himself into, well, us.

If not for polarity, opposites, good vs. bad, black and white, yin and yang, good and evil, etc. nothing would, well......be.

As someone else (not here) put it, we are God's multiple personality disorder, so to speak. Not that God is sick or flawed, but simply that in order for god to see what the world was like, he/she must splinter, explode, be rent into small pieces. Multiple personalities.

Or, think of the Mandelbrot, each of us a tiny replica of God, an expression of an equation going on into infinity. As above, so below.

How does any of what I just wrote tie into Judas?

Not totally sure.

A friend and I were talking about this very thing last Thursday evening. A very good friend of hers had compared his role in his life to that of Judas, for whatever reason (he's a bounty hunter),which was what got us started talking about it.

I guess, from my perspective, Judas was merely completing a task he was given to do. Without him, Jesus could not have completed his task. He was only playing out a scrip, laid out for him from the beginning. He (Judas) is just as much a part of God as any of the rest of us are.

So, then, it is not inconceivable to me that Paul could be the bad guy
,as big a misogynist and a homophobe as he seemed to be, however, he had a roll to play in this movie we are in as well.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by chickenshoes]

[edit on 12/7/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

Hi chickenshoes!! Thank you for coming over, good seeing you again!

I had never quite heard it this way before:

As someone else (not here) put it, we are God's multiple personality disorder, so to speak. Not that God is sick or flawed, but simply that in order for god to see what the world was like, he/she must splinter, explode, be rent into small pieces. Multiple personalities.

Something to think about! I have thought of it like being; selected Quantum Angels (as expressed earlier) whose job it was for them to keep tabs on we, the insignificant lemmings.

I also liked the show, "Star Trek - Deep Space Nine." Remember, Q? Supposing the cosmos is filled with hierarchies of Gods that each have their role to play and can be subservient to higher Gods of other realms or dimensions? Like precincts?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

pureevil18:

I don't believe we can consider that Paul could be the anti-Christ. All through his writings, Paul speaks quite often about Christ. It is clear that Paul loves and honors Jesus and considers his sufferings and afflictions that he is enduring as a privilege.

The anti-Christ will be someone who really hates everything that Christ stood for, but must at first show some love and understanding of all that Jesus stood for. Later, as Satan begins to enter this body his true hate will begin to show for Jesus and all Christians.

Just some thoughts,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Yes, I could see that.

I know this is a little off topic, but have you read any of Pierre Teillard de Chardin?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Christ! could you elaborate on your spellings some more such as God, gOd, s.a.t.an. and such. I follow what you are saying and wholly agree with most of what I've read.

Was just curious as to your methods of communication. I see you presenting symbols in forms of words.

Please elaborate...Thank you, ltru

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join