It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars plot details revealed!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hayden Christiansen is absolutely rubbish. How Vadar got any kind of reputation I'll never know. All that little runt does is cry and moan, actually Vadar is almost like the badass lord of darkness all snivelling mopey types want to be, no wonder he goes off the deep end when he gets his badass and kewl cyborg bill body.

I think I've hit on something there. Mind you he still looks like a goddamn no neck worm man in Jedi. Though hopefully Lucas will substitute in Jar Jar's ugly little fizzog and the anal rape of sci-fi fantasy greats will be complete.

Lucas should ahve stuck to making avant garde documentaries, it's clear he really doesn't care aboot Star Wars, if his hearts not in it why bother?

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
You saying that these where the last ever star wars films, ive heard that there may be more set after rotj as the actor who plays chewbacca has been signed for them if they were ever to hapen... anyone lse heard anything on this.

Aaactually, there won't be any movies after Episode 3, Lucas and others have confirmed it many times. Now, there's a good chance there will be a tv show in the future, not known if itll be live action or cartoon. Rumor has it that it will take place before Episode 4, but I'd be kinda let down because I'm pretty much sick of seeing Vader and the normal stuff. I'm hoping that it will deal with the Rogue Squadron stuff that happened after ROTJ. But I guess we'll see.

Oh yeah, and Jar Jar does not die. Lucas said this himself.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Just something to think about. Hasbro bought the rights to licence Star Wars related toys till 2018. Make of it what you will.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Here's a question.

Does anyone know why is it that when Obi-Wan and Yoda died, they just disappeared, whereas Vader and Qui-Gon had to be cremated ?

I hope that's explained in episode 3. It's been plaguing me for years.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Its supposed to be some Force power than they knew, but according to rumors that will be answerd int he movie.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Here's a question.

Does anyone know why is it that when Obi-Wan and Yoda died, they just disappeared, whereas Vader and Qui-Gon had to be cremated ?

I hope that's explained in episode 3. It's been plaguing me for years.

Yes, Lucas said that it will be explained in EP3. Qui-Gon Jin found a way to 'retain' himself after death and Yoda learns it from him at some point and refines the process which he teaches to Obi-wan. How Vader figures it out, I do not know.

This, of course, is all speculation that is said to be leaked out of the SW camp, but one thing we know for sure. During Anakin's slaughter of the Tuscan Raiders, Yoda can hear Qui-Gon scream out "Anakin, no!" so obviously this whole theory does make sense.

And yes, I know waaaaay too much about SW.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
And yes, I know waaaaay too much about SW.

Me too Jonna, no worries. I'm the biggest Star Wars freak I know.

Hasbro bought the rights, and there are also contracts going to Lucasfilm workers until about 2012 I believe. I friggin can't wait if its a TV show. That'd be awesome. Hopefully it wouldn't suck, and hopefully it'd be about some expanded universe thing like the Rogue Squadron books.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Hasbro bought the rights, and there are also contracts going to Lucasfilm workers until about 2012 I believe. I friggin can't wait if its a TV show. That'd be awesome. Hopefully it wouldn't suck, and hopefully it'd be about some expanded universe thing like the Rogue Squadron books.

That is the exact same thing (Rogue Squadron tv series) that I have heard. They are also going to do another run of the Clone Wars cartoon, but that really didn't do anything for me. I am just not into the last two as I was growing up with the original triolgy. I still remember seeing a New Hope in at a drive-in in Scranton, PA. I am just getting too old!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was hoping they would make more Star Wars movies dealing with the Yuuzan Vong invasion from the novels. I mean they could even use the same actors. They're the perfect ages. The invasion takes place 20 years after ROTJ and in real life it's been 20 years since the movie was released.

It would be perfect! But no doubt Lucas is too lame to do it. At least he should let other people do more movies. I'd bet they'd do alot better job than he did with Ep 1 and 2!!

BTW, the closest we're ever going to get to a Star Wars TV show is the animatd Clone Wars, by the creator of Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack. Those 5 min episodes were actually better than all of Episode 1.

P.S.- I bet I know more about the Star Wars universe than alla ya!! I can identify almost every race in the star wars universe, even the obscure ones that only appear in the books! /bragging mode off

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by Flinx]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I bet I know more about the Star Wars universe than alla ya!! I can identify almost every race in the star wars universe, even the obscure ones that only appear in the books! /bragging mode off

What sceen, involving Wampas, was cut from Empire?

What actors were both in SW and the Matrix?

What colour are my SW pajamas?

Who is Obi-wan�s brother?

What race is Yoda?

What other character in the series is the same species as Eeth Koth?

Come on smart guy! Top of your head!

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Jonna]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

BTW, the closest we're ever going to get to a Star Wars TV show is the animatd Clone Wars, by the creator of Powerpuff Girls and Samurai Jack. Those 5 min episodes were actually better than all of Episode 1.

Actually no, you're wrong, there will probably be a tv show in the future. It's been talked about a couple of times, here's a recent quote.

"I asked him about Star Wars' future and he got really excited and told me in thinly veiled comments that it is going to TV (live-action) . He couldn't go into details because he was under a legal contract.
So I asked this gentlemen if the show was pre-EP4, he said maybe with a smile, then I asked about Vader, and he had the same response, same with Chewbacca, same with Tarkin. Anyways he said Lucasfilm was really excited about this, and he did mention that there were to be no Episodes 7-9. " www.theforce.net

The New Jedi Order series would be kick ass as a tv show, prolly wont happen tho, sad.

Oh, and for your questions. My answers are in bold.

They bust thru a wall in Echo base and fight some snowtroopers

Not sure of the names, but Mouse (from the matrix) was in the Episode 3 cantina scene, as well as the lady in red (from the matrix) was in the same scene.

Well that I can't answer

People thought it was Owen Lars but it's not. I'm pretty sure he doesnt have one.

What race is Yoda?
Lucas will never reveal it, you tricky guy asking these tricky questions. Others in the Yoda species include Yaddle (a female) and the Jedi Master from KOTOR whose name escapes me at the moment.

Darth Maul and they're Zabraks who hail from Iridonia.

Sorry for answering the questions, but I couldn't resist. They are, for your information, off the top of my head. =)

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I messed up a bit on one answer, I hope you believe that I didn't look them up.

The lady in red was in the Dexter Jettster cantina scene, she was the waitress. (I think).

But yeah... I love Star Wars.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I belive it was having more of themin the ice cave

His real name escapes me, but in the Matrix he is Mouse and he played in AOTC Ellian Sleazabaggano

No bloody clue, do they have little Yodas on them?

Was intended to be Owen Lars, but AOTC disproves that.

What race is Yoda?

Yoda is a Whill.

Darth Maul

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
JediMaster, can you tell me where you found out that Yoda is a Whill? I assume you're talking about the species from the original drafts of Star Wars when it was going to be from the "Journal of the Whills". Am I right? I really don't think that's it, and many other people don't either. If I'm not mistaken, George Lucas has been quoted on saying that he'll never reveal Yoda's species because he wants to keep it a mystery.

Here are some links to discussions of his species.

boards.theforce.net...

forums.starwars.com...

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Faisca]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sorry, had a double post.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Faisca]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
They bust thru a wall in Echo base and fight some snowtroopers Bingo!

Not sure of the names, but Mouse (from the matrix) was in the Episode 3 cantina scene, as well as the lady in red (from the matrix) was in the same scene.The Lady in Red I did not even know about. I was refering to the man that opens the gates of Zion, althought I can't remember were I saw him in EP1. They tend to use alot of Australian extras time and time again being that most of those movies are filmed there.

Well that I can't answer I was lieing

People thought it was Owen Lars but it's not. I'm pretty sure he doesnt have one. On the SW CCG it states this on Owen Lars bio card, but I have not seen mention of it anywhere else.

What race is Yoda?
Lucas will never reveal it, you tricky guy asking these tricky questions. Others in the Yoda species include Yaddle (a female) and the Jedi Master from KOTOR whose name escapes me at the moment. You are good!

Darth Maul and they're Zabraks who hail from Iridonia. Impressive!

Sorry for answering the questions, but I couldn't resist. They are, for your information, off the top of my head. =)

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yay for me! Hey, we should start another thread that's just about Star Wars trivia, that would be fun. I'm going to lunch now, but maybe I'll start it later.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

His real name escapes me, but in the Matrix he is Mouse and he played in AOTC Ellian Sleazabaggano

Matt Doran.

Would it kill people to come up with hard questions?

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND

Originally posted by JediMaster

Matt Doran.

Would it kill people to come up with hard questions?

Cranky pants! You only mentioned one of them that was infact already mentioned.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Cranky pants! You only mentioned one of them that has infact already mentioned.

That is because no one could guess his real name, just his charater names.

The rest of them were
1. too easy
2. already answered correctly

Were you expecting me to waste peoples time by giving the same answers?

<< 1    3 >>

join