It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swat Team conducts food raid in rural Ohio

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Good One you are right!

I have to say, I have wondered, due to my buying large amounts of food over the last few months - to store.......

When I have purchased them, I have used my either Sam's card - Kroger card and of course credit cards.

Recently, I began wondering (remember - this IS a conspiracy site) - due to the fact we use our membership cards at all these food places - if then we are tracked by buying an abnormal amount of food (and believe me - my purchases have been ABNORMAL to say the least) which at some point if the SHTF then if we won't have the govt at our doorsteps to take our food supplies (since they know we are hoarding them).
I have been considering buying things not at Sam's and not using my frequent buyers card and just using cash. Even though it is too late - because if - the govt. does look at the purchases - I am already a 'red flag'. Due to the way things are tracked, they would know EXACTLY what I
have purchased.

Has anyone else wondered or worried if the govt. tracks what we buy and in what amounts?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Well ,yeah, they do track large purchases of food and the conspiracy theorists have warned about food confiscation. Some of them warning people to save small amounts of food at a time so as not to draw attention to yourself. I was of the opinion that the government would stand back and let chaos break out. Forcing the havenots to forage for food and the haves to fend for themselves. If this is true the government 's soft kill approach just became harder. To steal food from a family when food shortages look possible is an act of genocide.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by eradown]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Swat teams are fierce and scary and all but simple hand made booby traps will still defeat a well armed and armored team of personnel. I think a concealed pit in the yard full of spikes, explosives at the doors rigged to produce a firestorm. Fire is a trump card over armor. Tripwires that trigger a simple swinging arm spiked trap like you see in the movies. That sort of thing. Trespassers and thieves get what they deserve.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

This article seems more credible; www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Being a Criminal Justice major, this kind of thing makes me glad i am not going to be a cop or member of SWAT.

You don't bring automatic rifles into a single families home and scare the living hell out of little kids.

I don't care if these people are breaking the law, but taking food, without reading the rights? Huge no-no.

They took nearly everything the family had without warning and little, if any reason.

Just pathetic.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

if you'd read the entire article you would've came across the section where this family asked how to get apply for a license but they never got a response! this family was set up to get raided, and i seriously doubt they were selling "outdated food" if they're growing it in their backyard. read the whole story from beginning to end!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This is quite strange and hard for me to believe since I live in Ohio, and have friends in every corner of the state that haven't heard about this.

Especially hard to believe since I when I'm not on Campus, I live in the middle of the country in a nearly pure-agricultural village. Everyone here farms and trades with one another. 220 People doing that and a single non-chain general shop for general goods if you don't want to travel to the nearest town.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by SweetRevenge]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What's really needed is an organization who the sole purpose in being is to pursue, and levy criminal charges against police organizations and officers that violate the law.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

RIGHT. So if youve got a jar of rancid peanut butter in the fridge ,its okay for a swat team to bust down your door , ransack your house and stick a gun in your kids face ?

Did you Stick your own head in the microwave for a little to long ?. R F burns can do serious damage .

No. This is all about setting a precedent for a total police state . The governement has declared war on its citizens . PERIOD .

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lookingup

Excellent points there . Greedy people use the law as a weapon to deprive rights ,not to protect them .

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see the backgrounds of some of the movers and motivators of this and other raids.

What's the bet that you'd find a few former amish who never returned after rumspringa?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This sounds like the movie Total Recall, "control the air, control the people", only what's in abundance and restricted is food.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I could not help but wonder...

What would happen if a Situation X occurred and there was a food shortage and those that stock piled were willing to sell to those in need?

MBF

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

Thanks, I hope they call me hemorrhoid because of the place that I want to be a pain to them.

MBF

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by MBF
I am a farmer and the bank has not cut off my credit yet, but I see it coming because they finance fewer every year and I was even told by my banker to never let anybody get a lien on my land. They are just backing us farther into the corner every year. WE CAN'T CONTINUE TO FARM WITH THE PRICES WHERE THEY ARE.

The government (USDA) is the worst. A few years ago they tried to foreclose on me. I had repaid my loan, paid it early and even overpaid it and they WOULD NOT even let my lawyer prove that I had repaid it. At first, I went to them and told that there had been a mistake. The loan officer reviewed my records and told me that he didn't care what the record said, that I was going to repay it again. Then I asked for a meeting with his bosses, they just said that they were going to have to foreclose on me. I then asked for a national appeals hearing. This is where they told my lawyer that he could NOT present evidence that I had repaid my loan. Later I had another NAD hearing with the same results. Then my lawyers told me that farmers never won these hearings and that they had pulled the record of one of the hearing officers that had the job for over 10 years and that he had ruled in the favor of a farmer only one time. Then I had the loan officer investigated by the office of inspector general, twice, one time by the Atlanta office and from Washington because what had happened is that he had been arrested for a coc aine trafficking charge at the time that my money went missing and I found out that he had paid a man to take the rap for him so that he would not have to go to jail and lose his government job. They told me that he had never been involved in drugs. I just sent them a copy of the newspaper article where he had been arrested and told them that they didn't want to find anything on him. I have even called the congressmen and senators from my state, but they will do nothing.

All the government wants to do is separate us and take us down one at the time. As long as we let them, they will continue to do so. I may never get anywhere with the usda, but I intend to be a pain in the a$$ as long as I can. What they did to me was obvious and it was wrong.

How can they rightly do that? How can officals not allow proof of payment? That is completely bizarre!

They did and I have a copy of the tape of the hearing. Also they claimed that I did not have adequate education to farm. Well, I have four years of college in engineering and have farmed all my life and I am the third generation on this farm. I have forgot more math than that loan officer ever knew. They would just pull stuff out of the hat just trying to make me look like some moron. The problem is that the only people that can hear the case is government people, and who do you think they will side with?

Question? Are the people you buy your seeds from making you buy GM seeds? Or are you able to use "regular" seeds for planting?

I don't plant cotton or soybeans any more, so I am not tied into that the way that I was, but when I did, we were told that there was no demand for the regular seeds so the companies were not producing much of them any more. That was a pile of crap because we were begging for the regular seeds.

Also what was the complete outcome of above? Did you pay it again? If so, then would they accept that proof of payment?

I guess that you can't say that it is "complete" because I am not dead yet. After 3.5 years of fighting foreclosure, I finally got one of the bosses to look at my canceled checks. A light bulb went off in his head. He told me that I had paid it and paid it early and overpaid it. When I asked him what happened to the money that had been overpaid, he told me that it had been applied to another loan that I had. I told him to show me where it was and he couldn't. He told me that he would have me an answer by that Friday and he did. He come to my house and said that the money had been floating around for 3.5 years and nothing had been done with it. They did pay me 3.5%interest for the 3.5 years, but by then I had lost most of the land that I had been farming. When he started to leave my house, he asked me if there was anything else he could do for me and I said yes there was. I told him to go ask that SOB why he was trying to foreclose on me for all those years when I had repaid the loan and he said that he would. I have asked him several times what the answer was and he said that every time he would ask him about it, he would refuse to answer and walk away. I went from farming almost 1000 acres down to farming about 100 acres. I have about a $100,000 loan that I can never repay because they have taken away my ability to pay. You can't survive farming just 100 acres. When the loan comes due every year, I just go in and tell them that I don't have the money and they say no problem, we will just set aside the payment, which is just basically just moving the payment due to the end of the note. What they are doing is just putting it off until they retire and letting someone else deal with it.

How can the USDA have that kind of influence over farmland? Wouldn't it be the banks only, if you had loans? Does the USDA directly ever take people's land, if so, why do they have any right - or liens on it?

Like my lawyers told me, they are the government and they can do anything to you that they want to and there isn't a damn thing that you can do about it. The loan that I had was directly from the usda, but just about all farm loans that the banks make are guaranteed by the usda and the all paperwork goes through them. Yes they do take take peoples land. They only have a lien on my equipment. The loan officer also threatened to take anything that I had if I missed a payment. I told his boss that he had better never send that man to my house because he may get shot. He told me that he thought the loan officer understood that he should never go around me again. But he has tried some intimidation tactics on me. He is 6'9" and I am 5'3" so he has a large advantage, but a long story short, if I could have got to my truck, I could have evened the score. There has been so much that they did to me that I could write a book.

I am sorry, I am not well versed on what happens with these things.

I did at one time have a "farm" outside of Nashville - but did not "farm" it, I leased out the land to various people - for various things.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I use to work at the airport in 2001. A month before 9/11 this old dude co-worker of mine who was in his 80's use to tell me and other young co-workers about how people were more self sufficient in his day. He told us of people keeping chickens in the yard and how each household would grow some kind of veggie.

I think we need to get back to this. Right now I only know of one person who grows their own tomatoes. If each household grows 1 or 2 veggies in their backyard then how can the government raid every household of it's food? There is strength in numbers.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Well, I'm still not convinced. We know something happened, but what exactly?

Apparently the co-op was involved in a licensing/inspection issue. Apparently they were visited by some officials.

But who visited them? A SWAT team?

I doubt it. I think that is sensationalism. It was probably a few members of the local or federal health boards.

I give you this as my reason:

Update:
1820hrs: December 5, 2008
A call to the Lagrange Township Sheriff's Department, 440-329-3710, and the Lorain Sheriff Dept., (440)355-4469, Reports there was no SWAT call for that address December 1st.
The Family is still not available for further comment but the IRN Network Bureau Chief reported SWAT was there with a specific Department of Agriculture agent.

www.digitaljournal.com...

Now there's a phone number for anyone who wants to dig deeper.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
What's really needed is an organization who the sole purpose in being is to pursue, and levy criminal charges against police organizations and officers that violate the law.

That's what the Internal Affairs branch is supposed to do.

Do we have any word on whether IA actually attempted to look into this?

... or are we leaving it to the lawyers again?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
more proof that USA is becoming more and more Nazi day by day .

I wonder when the FEMA camps will come online

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Exactly this.

I don't have my own home, I'm staying with relatives, but we are planning to start planting in the spring. It only makes more sense that people do this and I don't understand why people aren't growing food already!

It makes sense on EVERY level

Saving money
Educating your kids
Giving yourself a worthwhile hobby
Reducing the chemicals entering your body
Reducing pollution through less transportation of goods
And finally, giving yourself a little more independence, knowledge, currency should a sit-x occur.

Ask your neighbors to be involved, spread the duty amongst you and share the produce.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join