It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools handing out DNA kits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
Doesn't everyone see that the government is developing a database?

First, you have to submit fingerprints to work with kids, own a corporation, handle money and so forth.

What?!? Is that true? Fingerprints to own a corporation or work with kids? That's sick, didn't know it is that bad in the US. Why didn't you revolt when they made those laws? Does "innocent until proven guilty" no longer apply there?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It's true. In my state, Arizona, a law was passed in November that anyone working as a mortgage broker has to be fingerprinted.

Most people submit because they don't see it as a problem. Like my friend gives up her fingerprints because she says she doesn't intend on committing a crime. But since we don't know how that information will be used, why give it up? You can't unring the bell.

Of course, she had no problem giving her social security number when she donated blood. She couldn't see that all kinds of medical information could be derived from the donation and then tied to the social security number.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
These kits will be for the parents, and if they are to be sent off will be for ehte police to help search for missing children. They could never be used to search for someone who has committed a crime.

The fact that these kits are done at home means they can be easily faked. And so would not be reliable for anything other than searching for a missing child where the parent will happily say the infromation is invalid.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My apologies to all. My original post was based on what was told to me by my child last Friday. I now have the kit in hand and also the pertinent paperwork. The kit is indeed to be kept at home by the parents. (I was under the assumption that it was to be sent in to the FBI.) The kit is from the National Child Identification Program. www.childidprogram.com

Once again I apologize for being an alarmist. When my daughter came home Friday she said the kits were to be mailed off to the FBI. I thought DNA was a bit more info than the government needed on my child for an in case scenario.

I think the kits are a wonderful idea for a God forbid situation. Now that I have calmed down a bit I also see how ridiculous my original fear was. Can you imagine the database that would be created and the people and manpower needed to maintain and work it?

Thanks for putting up with my rant. I'll go back to lurking now.

Spiritowl

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiritowl

Hey there...Don't be sorry! You reported what you heard...and what is important is that you followed up!

Thanks for doing so!

I'm glad it is innocent and hope you now have peace of mind!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join