It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas candle thread, (Remembering lost loved ones)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I light a candle for my father who passed away in 1994. I was so angry for so long that he died. He was the rock of our family after he died it seemed like our foundation was torn down. I was angry that he was not there for the birth of my kids and my kids will never know truly what a good man he was. There was so many things I wish he had been around to share with his family. I hope he knows how much we loved him and miss him.

I will also light a candle for my Pawpaw who also passed away in 1994. He and my dad where so alike. What is funny that's my mother's father. They were until now the most special men in my life other than my son. I finally found a man that I am sure they would be as proud of as I am.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by silverflame

I understand how you feel. When my mom died in 1997 I was angry for awhile, my sister was pregnant at the time with her last, mom always wanted a redhead in the family, she must have put in a special request, my neice arrived with a full head of red hair. Also broke my heart that she wasn't there to meet her last grandchild, my son.

She was also the foundation that held our family together. But we don't let it crumble. As we lose our grandparents and parents that foundation just shifts, that's how I looked at it. It is now up to us to provide the strength and love that we were blessed to have had from them.

Rush

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

For my brother, who I loved so much and miss

For my mother, who I remember with love and being such a fighter to live and a source of strength for her family. A better grandma never lived.

For my son, to me you will always be eight years old. I remember so many Christmas's with you, but the first was the best. No parent should ever have to bury their child, but "where ever your treasure is, therefore, is your heart also"

Nice thread. Thank you!
Grandma

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My brother's second born, Abigail Rose.

She was born on Dec 7th, 2002 and she died on Oct 24, 2003.

My little angelic godchild made it for a whopping 10 months before succumbing to a disease that she was born with.

Miss you sweetie!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would also like to light a Candle for ATS member Shots who sadly passed away earlyer in the year, He made many many threads that will live on in his name,

To the Member Extraordinaire SHOTS

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This candle is for my friend who passed away yesterday.
He was a great person,and im better for having known him.
I will be thinking of you this holiday.
Ken,you will be missed.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So sorry for the loss of your friend Black_Fox, If you need to talk to someone im only a u2u away,

Stay strong,

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For my life long friend who was so tragically and abruptly taken from us this past summer. I can't pretend to understand the pain that your family is going through this holiday season, but they are all in my thoughts and prayers. Your little ones will be looked after and taken care of always.

[edit on 12/19/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
thanks asala

for my oma – i was her favorite grandchild and i miss her.

for paul, an egoistic cat to whom i was the world

for scasi who made us being a family and died to early 3 years ago

for rolf, a good friend of mine

for my 2 unborn

and most of all for my dad who died this june.

i miss you all so desperately

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I light a candle for my friend Mark's father who just passed away. I got word this morning. We don't know when the services are going to be. Mark is pretty devastated at the moment according to my friend Irish.

Lousy time of the year for this.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I just lit a candle in my bedroom. It's a candle with a small bit of history. I bought it at the St. Vincent De. Paul main warehouse where I worked in the appliance department where I tested donated electronics. It's unusual in a couple of ways. It's a gel candle with a golden gel in it with bubbles. The candle itself is a glass champagne flute thus the color of the gel and the bubbles. It was made for the year 2000 since the stem is made of those numbers. I had used the candle a few times after I bought it but before life fell apart on me. Mostly because I like it's look.

Here I sit in a darkened room that is only lit by the candle and my monitor . The glow from the candle is shedding a golden glow about the room. As I post this, the glow from the candle is on and I shall think.

This candle lit right now is for 3 people but one especially is meaningful. My former Fiance Lynne who passed away of kidney failure with complications.

That glow that I'm looking at causes me to think about things. A wonderful illumination that shone through the darkness. Like life itself. Bright, cheerful, a warming glow. A candle like life itself though can be extinguished. One thing that I like to think about. Lighting a candle in dedication to those ones who have left us reminds us that as long as someone remembers us we really haven't left.

A single flame.

A single light shining in the darkness. A reminder that life itself can illuminate someone elses life if we get involved. I like to think that everyone's life is like a candle at times. There is the danger of being extinguished. There are no guarantees as to how long our light shall shine. However we can illuminate and help change someones life simply by being there and allowing our inner light to help someone who's light is shrouded in darkness and despair. A beacon of light in the darkness as if to say "Here I am!" A small light that is but part of this vast collection of lights that we call humanity. Something that is to be cherished, nurtured and allowed to shine in their own light. Holding back the darkness and showing that bright and shifting thing that is Humanity.

edited for spelling.

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Deson]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I light a candle for my Grandfather who died Christmas Eve, when I was 11. That was the beginning of the end of my innocence. For a good friend, Chuck Matthews, who died 1 month from graduating High School in a freak automobile accident. For my one gay supervisor who gave me a chance and promoted me to director of medical records. He died 7 months later from complications due to AIDS. I owe him alot.

-Bill

top topics

<< 1   >>

join