It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They Aren't Real", God, gods, satan, devil.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Peer through the reflective water that is the great sea. Go on, take a look.
What do you see?
All is you reflected back at you as you internally, externally, equally, infinitely, and inevitabley. Is this something new or have you forgotten?
Dont you know that you are God?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
In the Gita, says if you travel at speed of mind for billion years you will still know nothing of Creator.
Also says Rama breathes out, Rama breathes in. On the out breath a part of this self was put into everyone and everything.
The fact that someone can say there is no God, is false statement, if God is Creation, in being able to talk is verification ones own creation.
Another thing that seems just so simple to some, is the complexity of Creation, it's strange how everything is put together so perfect.
As for part about not being able to prove God, Creator exist, the Truth is writen all over the place, right in front of your face.
You have to get in the flow with Creator, don't try and buck the flow, but flow be the perfect you, be in your perfect place. Really you will be surprised at all the power, all around you.
This is the Gross physcial, cause and effect.
I know who my Father, Mother is, and I been bad boy, but you can do what ever you want in the gross physcial, you may have to pay, but learn by mistakes.
Some one will clean up mess later.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Question is how would one small unattached human think it would be able to claim absolutely "knowing" there is not?

Exactly the same way you think you are able to claim that you "know" that there is a God.

Personally, I don't "know" for sure that there isn't a god... but I have proof better than someone who claims there IS a god. I have made the offer that if there is a god, he can strike me down. Has it happened? Nope... still posting. That does not mean, however, that I don't believe in a singular consciousness, or an Earth Spirit Collective. I BELIEVE, but I don't KNOW. Big difference.

Here's where it gets tricky. For someone to "know" god exists, they must have seen, heard, touched this 'GOD'. But, by definition, god is not able to be heard, touched or seen. One could try to argue the same, that he/she 'knows' there is no god because they haven't seen, touched, spoken, or otherwise interacted with any deity resembling the 'god' spoken of. This, however, is just the other edge of the blade. Same argument, same ignorance for someone to 'know' either way. Both Faith and Skepticism should be treated like a powerful drug... don't let yourself get too heavily involved in either, but a bit of dabbling in either realm can bring about some kind of personal educational gain.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

I had kind of different thing when I said I wish I was hit by lightning it came so close, I said hum maybe not. Got a brake on that one.
Then the time I said I wish there was nothing, and sitting there in nothing I said wait, wait I want there to be something, did not like nothing, there was nothing there, left brain in nothing. Very unpleasant.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Good point....

Most athiests more and more seem to have a belief that there is no god to the point that they must exercise what is this, faith?

in order to believe in the un-provable. It's not faith, it's a belief though, and I thought athiests didn't believe in anything supernatural...

If you, an athiest have some type of mighty all-knowing power that you can look in the edges of the universe and declare, nope no god, basically that ability is supernatural in and of itself...

Which would contradict your athiestic stance...

Is there a word for an non-supreme being believing person that claims to have paranormal supernatural remote viewing powers?

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Razimus]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
To even discuss the concept of God you need to define God first, so you, OP, claim to know "God"?

So what is "God" to you? A white-bearded man that flies through space and does everything? Or just ''something invisible that can talk''.

In any case, what proof do you have to verify for yourself, that it is God?

In other words, what made you believe that you "know" it / him / her to be God?

The reason I ask this is because even now, there is technology that allows you to make people ''hear'' stuff *in their head*. Using that technology it would be easy to play "God" if all the proof you need is ''hearing'' something inside of you talk, that did not originate from your own thoughts.

Originally posted by Razimus
in order to believe in the un-provable. It's not faith, it's a belief though, and I thought athiests didn't believe in anything supernatural...

AFAIK to be an Atheïst merely means to not believe in a supernatural all-powerful being. (aka, Gods, superman, w/e you want to call it) It does not necessarily mean that they do not believe in any kind of ''supernatural'' phenomena though.

[edit on 18/1/09 by -0mega-]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join