It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post some of the dumbest names you've ever heard here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Richard Head

Remember Dick is short for Richard

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My family is all from south Louisanna and there are some doozy's that came from there.

First, my dad has a distant relative named 'Peter Plink'
Which we tease him about all the time

Next,My mom grew up with three girls named 'Ima, Ura, and Vera; last name 'Hogg'
She also went to school with some of Ross Perot's family and said the teacher pronounced the last name
'Pee-rot' lol!!

But the worst name I ever heard came from a girl I worked with whose friend named her daughter'Ga-nair-rhea
Spelled 'Ghonerrhea' I swear, I am not making that up!!
So sad but quite funny!! Lol!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
my sister knew a set of twins. One was Phillip the other was Ian. their family had originated from the Philipines. I wonder what the parents were thinking when they named them :p

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
An old friend of mine wanted to name his daughter Klamydia, but the child's mother wouldn't allow it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Working at the Stanley Hotel we had a HR person named Martial Law. I kid you not. His Father? Johnny Law.

Where I work at I get some odd names in from time to time. One that pops to mind is Shaquanna. We get a lot of Lashandras, and Sheniquas in too.

We have a regular guest named Melvin. Man who ever names their kid Melvin is seriously mean.

I wanted to name my son Damien, my then wife was ok with it till my sister blew it by remembering the movie The Omen.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I always think of that fat kid from Bad Santa, Thurman Murman. It makes me laugh every time I hear it.

I once read the name Bronson Johnson in the newspaper.

I have a relative named Richard Tinkle. We used to call him Dicky when he was younger, but I bet you can guess why that stopped.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

I knew a Filipina girl once who's name was Cockeye. Unsure how it was spelled but Cockeye is how it was pronounced.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Richard Head

Remember Dick is short for Richard

My dad knew a guy named Richard Face.

The funny thing is that he knew him for years and didnt make the connection until my brother schooled him.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
one of the teachers at my old school was called robert soul, not funny until you looked at his sign on his door and it read R, Soul.
and yes he was a big one

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
My friend had a huge list of amusing names of customers. Unfortunately the only one I can remember off-hand is the name of a policeman...

P.C Creasy.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Engelbert Humperdink is probably the worst, though Dick Trickle is a close second....

I still want to name my kid "God"...

"Who do you think you are, God?" ... "Why yes I am, pleased to meet you!"

"God bless you" ... "No I don't"

"God help us!" .... "Only if you ask nicely..."

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Topper Shutt - Somewhat local newscaster.
Can't really think of any others that stand out to me at the moment.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join