It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Warned of '9/11' Attack Using Hijacked Planes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

India Warned of '9/11' Attack Using Hijacked Planes

www.foxnews.com

India’s main airports were on a state of high alert Thursday amid fears that 14 terrorists given the same training as the Mumbai gunmen are preparing to mount a 9/11-type attack using hijacked passenger aircraft.

The Defense Minister, A. K. Antony, ordered the nation’s armed forces to be on guard against “terror strikes from the air” eight days after India suffered its worst terrorist attack in 15 years, when at least 10 gunmen struck targets including a hospital, two luxury hotels and a backpacker bar in south Mumbai, killing 171 people.

The India Bureau for Civil Aviation is thought to have been warned of plans to capture one or more aircraft at Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore or Madras airports, the main Indian transport hubs. Officials said that credible intelligence indicated a plan to attack a significant population center using an airliner in an assault that would resemble those made on New York and Washington in 2001.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
There are many conspiracy theorists who believe that the 9/11 attacks were in "inside job".

If the above waring to India is proven to be accurate and there are attacks there similar to those in the USA in 2001 what would a possible "conspiracy" motive be?

The beginning of a war between India and Pakistan over radical Islamic terrorism?

A possible US proxy war against Pakistan?

No matter what, they have now been officially warned.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Times Online is also reporting the story:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I came on to discuss just this subject. I went to sleep last night and after meditation had an undeniable feeling India was in for some serious trouble related to Pakistan.

I searched for a piece that would validate what my gut instinct was telling me, and here it is...

Afghanistan, Pakistan vow joint effort

The presidents of Afghanistan and Pakistan have pledged joint efforts to fight terrorism as they held talks under Turkish auspices to improve ties troubled by militant attacks along their border.

So what we have here is a possible take over of India by Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkey? This would make sense as India has strong US ties in the industrial boom and US company outsourcing they have enjoyed over the past 8 years.

This could lead to an extremely dangerous situation which would affect the entire world within a matter of days or even hours.

All 4 Countries have rudimentary WMD, ready to be used at any moment. The fallout could travel the prevailing winds and sicken the entire planet, not to mention hundreds of millions of lives lost.

Of all the possible problems we face this one warrants the closest of attention.

news.smh.com.au...

[edit on 5-12-2008 by antar]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Interesting post antar.

There is no doubt that some group or government wants badly to destabilize the region, and recently it seems to be destabilizing relations between Pakistan and India, both strongly opposed long term rivals, both armed with nukes.

The thing that concerns me is that Pakistan is said to be refuge for Al-Qaeda members, even Osama Bin Laden himself. The recent wave of terrorism in India has been said to have ties to both Pakistani military and Al-Qaeda... Now this 9/11 like warning to India... It all seems a bit convenient and familiar... The USA is itself reluctant to go into Pakistan and take action in the tribal regions where Al-Qaeda and Taliban are alleged to be, so a war between India and Pakistan could open an opportunity to UN?NATO and perhaps US intervention ... Who knows where that could go?

Or maybe it would be better to let India annihilate Pakistan?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

The USA is itself reluctant to go into Pakistan and take action in the tribal regions where Al-Qaeda and Taliban are alleged to be,

A U.S drone has just hit suspected Al-Qaeda members, killing at least three, inside Pakistan.

In today's Times of India:

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Old Man

Even more interesting... Perhaps the pretext for a broader war?

Will the Obama administration take this to the next level as promised?

I still wonder, IF India falls victim to a "9/11" type attack what they will do IF it is tied to both Pakistan and Al-Qaeda.

If they launch an all out assault on Pakistan maybe the USA will just pull back and watch from a safe distance?

Problem dealt with by proxy?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Another interesting item...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The member comments have me wondering how far off my theories are now.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The terrorists are just trying to incite a fight between the Hindus and the Muslims, just like they already more or less have a war with the Christians and the Muslims. There is no conspiracy, these extremists are nuts and are ruining a beautiful religion. I can't wait until we get off of oil, so we can get the hell out of dodge. Pakistan and Saudi Arabia sadly...our "allies" have been the real fronts for terrorism for years, now that their oil revenues are drying up, it seems the extremists are finding themselves pinched to do something, pinched to produce results. That would be my guess, I have a feeling this global recession is hitting the terrorist cells in the wallet, and they are being flushed out.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yeah. Things couldn't possibly get any worse, could they?

Breaking:

Pakistan on high alert after President pranked

Nuclear-armed Pakistan put its forces on high alert after a hoax caller pretending to be India's foreign minister spoke to President Asif Ali Zardari in a threatening manner on November 28, two days after the attacks on Mumbai began, Dawn newspaper reported.

(Rest of the article: abc.net.au)

Yes. Yes, they could.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Plane-based terrorists with the same training as the Mumbai gunmen? Pilots high on coc aine? How will they tell the difference from non-terrorist pilots?

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The US Military is preparing troops to go to Afghanistan so that India can attack the terrorists in Pakistan and keep them from fleeing across the border into Afghanistan.

new topics

top topics

join