It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As potential survivors do you think.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That maybe, just maybe we are being watched bu the autho's

So say the TSHTF. Say martial law.

If they the authorities have been watching and collecting info on us all they would have an idea of who we are where we live and maybe some of the stores we have for such a situation.

Lets face it, a few survivors could cause a few problems for the authorities if they wanted to.

lets say the news is starting to get gloomy and many of us prepare for the bug out, What is there to say that there maybe a car or van waiting for us to make the move and then take us or to follow us on a route to a hideout or cache.

Do I sound paranoid ???? Maybe I do.

What do you think ????

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Paranoia isnt always a bad thing. It helps us to see problems before they arise. If it goes too far, then it is a problem. But a little can be helpful.

Say there are lists, or vans in waiting to grab you when its time for you to bug out? At least you have asked this question and can prepare for it. Granted the likely hood of a black van waiting for everyone who is a self proclaimed survivalist is impossible, at least you have asked the question and can find a solution.

It may not be a G-man waiting to follow you, it could easily be some neighbor down the street who has seen you storing water and food and hauling it off. It could be someone who knows you own property out of town, but isnt sure where. Could be any number of scenerios. So plan for it. What to do if you are leaving with your BOB and are approached by "authority" figures asking as to where you are going. Or if you get to your bug out local only to find 2 unwanted vechiles pulling up behind you.

Are you armed? Will you run, will you fight, do you have alternate routes to where you are going? Who knows that you plan to bug out? Would they prove an asset or a liability?

With a little paranoia we can see these potential problems and situations, the real problem is figuring out what to do should something like this occur.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

You make some very good points.
I think from now on I will play with my cards firmly to my chest and make other plans for a bug out.

Many thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I sometimes think that WE are the type they wouldn't MIND sticking around.....that it is the ones who don't want to have anything to DO with helping themselves, or ANYONE esle for that matter, that they want out of the picture....

All the thieves, con artists, liers etc that have caused so much crap in the first place.

I think those of us who want to be independant and self sustainable would be an ASSET in their new world.....

they don't need to control us, because WE can take care of OURSELVES with out bugging eveyone ELSE in the process....

How is THAT for a POSITIVE conspiracy theory?

I hope I am right on this...it does seem logical to ME at least.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thing is, the PTB will have far more important things to worry about than a few hundred guys with a survivalist attitude.

You'll be doing nothing more than a million others, you've just had prior preparation time.

It might not even happen, but at least you're prepared.

"They" might not agree, but every Human should have the basic skills to survive if they have to go without electricity, gas and water pumped into their home.

Our government even advised people on what to do in an emergency, but they fell short of telling people the truth.
Remember the old 1950's attitude of "Duck and cover"? Like your ass is going to shield you from the most powerful explosion on Earth

I think they were confused between a lightning strike and a Nuclear explosion.

They basically told people to stay in their homes, secure doors and windows, watch the news, fill the bath with water...
How about some real advice like buy a solar panel while you can, stock up on tinned foods, combine with friends and neighbors, or get the hell out of the cities by foot and camp in a secluded area.

But, would we as intelligent people, want every person knowing that anyway?

Yeah, the PTB won't care about you or your methods of survival. But they may care about those who suggest how they intend to involve themselves in a civil war.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is one of the best reasons to not involve any more than absolutly nessicary to your plans. The moto "Three can keep a secret if two are dead" is something to be VERY aware of! Few know of what I have in store, and there might even be a little bit of dissinfomation coming from me as to my haves or capabilaties when the SHTF postedd here. Don't take it personal. Just playing Illumanati a bit... ALWAYS know/have more than you put on.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

good advice and many thanks.

I do like the way you are thinking with this one, just to put a doubt somewhere in someone's mind.

Good good, I like it.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
reply to post by Jkd Up

good advice and many thanks.

I do like the way you are thinking with this one, just to put a doubt somewhere in someone's mind.

Good good, I like it.

Bugging Out is nothing more (in my eyes) than numbers and averages... Put all your eggs in one basket and loose. There are always was to strenthen what you have... But Marshal Law Bug out is a helluva lot differant than if a catistrophic earthquake hits.

I'm an idiot biker... You can do this!

new topics

top topics

join