It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-drug law could draw 30-year sentence for Blackwater shooters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Anti-drug law could draw 30-year sentence for Blackwater shooters

rawstory.com

Blackwater Worldwide guards who fired on Iraqi civilians in a 2007 massacre that left 17 dead, including young children, may actually meet the business-end of justice.

According to a recent report, the Department of Justice may use an anti-drug law intended to fight the 80's crack epidemic to put the gunmen away for up to three decades, minimum.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-12-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Interesting ... i always see people bringing up blackwater in many of the threads and how they go about with utter disregard for life and seem to be the us's "ss" ... i thought this would be something that people should see that these blackwater people could be finally getting some cold hard justice served to them

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I don't think Blackwater is the United States SS team, but I do have to say, they do have an interesting habit of appearing in some of the voilitile places. Honestly, military or Merc... I'd do whatever I had to to get the heck outta where I was and get home. Though, their meathods do seem a bit barbaric.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This ain't gonna fly in court. If it does its misusing a law. This reminds me of that line in 'Apocalypse Now'. "Trying to prosecute someone in a war for murder is like giving speeding tickets at the Indianapolis 500"

Zindo

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
on the yahoo story linked in the quote above they say

The Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988 law calls for 30-year prison terms for using machine guns to commit violent crimes of any kind, whether drug-related or not.

it seems the attempt to use this law is to implement a heavy sentence, that would normally apply in cases of murder, against the blackwater people, whom they can't convict of murder.

while these guys probably deserve it, i find the spirit of the prosecutors a little distasteful.

top topics

join