It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to all the good right leaning posters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It seems like all the good right leaning posters have either all gone away, or have been outright banned. What happened to guys like Loam and Dronetek, RRconservative? I don't see any of these guys posting anymore!

It seems to me that the powers that be here at ATS have been working to thin out the right wing point of view here. Has anyone else noticed this? Between constant partisan MSNBC ads, to the right wing bashing ads, Its really starting to look unfriendly to have an opposing point of view here.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Heliodromus]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Im conservative and I'm still here (granted I havent been here very long)

Maybe its because Right leaning people have jobs
JK Dems!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm still here, still defending the constitution, and the conservative point of view. I still believe in individual responsiblility and keeping government interference in the lives of the citizens to a minimum. I will agree that every time I mention Fox News instead of CNN or MSNBC I get blasted.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Im conservative and I'm still here (granted I havent been here very long)

Maybe its because Right leaning people have jobs
JK Dems!

hahahahahaha! i'm not real conservative, but that was hilarious. also to add, the conservatives have not disappeared, i have many many friends on here who are conservative. Problem is, they get called a racist half the time just for expressing distrust in the democratic president elect. People are being silly.
'

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This left (and up) leaning poster was exhausted from the election and took some R&R time from the political interwebs. I imagine others have done the same. I like the good posters interested in discussion and jocularity very much.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I still believe in individual responsiblility and keeping government interference in the lives of the citizens to a minimum.

you misunderstood something,

liberalism (obama/bush same war) is about interfering to a minimum in the actions of companies and corporations. Not in the lives of citizens.

(is it required to add that corporations interferes HUGELY in the lives of the citizens ?)

sweet dreams

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliodromus
It seems like all the good right leaning posters have either all gone away, or have been outright banned. What happened to guys like Loam and Dronetek, RRconservative? I don't see any of these guys posting anymore!

I'm still here! Glad the election is over! We were given the choice of liberal vs liberal lite...and the liberal won. Republicans have got to realize that when real conservativism is on the ballot we win every time. Saxby Chambliss got that message....hopefully others will too.

I'm not going anywhere.... but here on ATS just like the rest of America...any critisism of Lord Obama is racist, so I guess others on the right are hanging back a little...letting the chips fall, but at the same time looking for our next true conservative leader. Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, JC Watts, Mike Pence and others will revitalize the Repubican Party...then maybe we can get back to the greatness of the Reagan years!

[edit on 5-12-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, JC Watts, Mike Pence and others will revitalize the Repubican Party...then maybe we can get back to the greatness of the Reagan years!

[edit on 5-12-2008 by RRconservative]

Imagine Biden vs. Jindal.

And endless loop of "mucaca" and "you can go into a 7-Eleven.." clips.

But that's not racist because Biden is a (D).

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
if a poster is banned you see a little banned ticker underneath their user name, is anyone actually banned?

maybe some of them are no longer employed to stir up discussion boards and have gone back to their regular jobs as rodeo clowns and crash test dummies.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
if a poster is banned you see a little banned ticker underneath their user name, is anyone actually banned?

maybe some of them are no longer employed to stir up discussion boards and have gone back to their regular jobs as rodeo clowns and crash test dummies.

Yowsers...serious shot!! However, you make an intersting point, and I'm sure that it was not only the Right that was sending the trolls out to make mischief.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliodromus

Using the ATS Member lookup, you will find
RRconservative - Still a member and last logged into ATS on 12-5-08
Dronetek - Banned from ATS - last login 10-6-2008
loam - Writer on ATS - last login 12-5-08

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
i believe they are all tending their wounds after sticking up so fervently for Sarah Palin, perhaps the most unqualified person to ever run for such a high office.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
i believe they are all tending their wounds after sticking up so fervently for Sarah Palin, perhaps the most unqualified person to ever run for such a high office.

Ahhemmm...Next to Lord Obama..right?

The Saxby Chambliss election is a great example of the role Palin is going to play for the Republican Party.

The Republicans brought in Sarah Palin to help...and the Democrats brought in Ludacris?
No wonder the Democrat lost this race!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

If you seriously think Sarah Palin was the most unqualified for office, just what exactly, did that make our Mystery Man Obama?

With her resume beside his, she looked like a senior statesman.

He never even pulled a shift down at the 7-11 as "assistant-associate manager"

We'll see.

We've already seen a lot of Wall Street bail, anticipating his leadership.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliodromus
What happened to guys like Loam and Dronetek,

According to his profile, loam was on ATS today.

Looks like Dronetek was banned, though.
I just responded to a post today by RRConservative.

I see Amaxium already said all that... Sorry.

But I see plenty of conservative posters here every day!

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

you can compare obama to palin all you want. Lets put politics aside for a second. I wouldn't trust Palin to teach elementary math, geography, social studies or english to a toddler. Obama, I would have more faith in.

As for politics, not so much. But this wasn't an Obama thread, this was a right-wing thread. And I still think that the righties have died down around here out of personal reflection followed by shame.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliodromus

When I first came to ATS, I was a self-described neo-conservative, and I got applause for very conservative posts all of the time. I do not believe there is an institutional bias, especially since BOTH sides occasionally claim that ATS is persecuting them.

I suspect that we will see an upswing in high quality conservative posting during Obama's first 100 days, and even moreso in the 3 to 6 months before the 2010 midterm. (and it won't go away between those events, it will just peak at those times).

But for now? Some partisans (on both sides) are still licking their wounds, some are upset at their party, and others are just burnt out on all of the vitriol of the campaign season. Give them some time to cool off, then wait for Obama's first hundred days to get rolling and generate some new issues for discussion, and then we'll see both the gunslingers and the scholars from both sides of the aisle return to state their case here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It has come to the attention of the staff that Heliodromus is Dronotek, a banned member. The other two notable conservative posters that have been named in the Original Post have been online today- in fact RRConservative has posted in this thread.

In short, this thread is about a banned member "missing himself"- there has been no mysterious disappearance of conservative members, who are equally welcome and valued at ATS as anyone else who is willing to post within Terms and Conditions.

Thread Closed.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by The Vagabond]

top topics

join