It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Object in Sky???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Alright, if I posted this in the wrong thread please move it.

Let me state one thing first, I DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I SAW. It was about 6:40 AM CST at approximatly this location. The location is right next to JC Penney Corp Headquarters and the Dallas North Tollway. The area is a high traffic area and it is the beginning of rush hour traffic. I noticed this thing as I was approaching 121 on the tollway. I immediatly had a wierd feeling about it. It did not appear to be moving and all 3 lights were not blinking. All 3 lights were constant. Hey moving car, illusion of stationary plane, possible. I brought it to my wifes attention and she kept asking what the heck it was. The sun has not quite risen so it was still quite dark outside. When we got about even with the thing, it appeared to be only around 50 yards above the ground and was small like a tractor trailor. I only saw one wing (I could not see the other side clearly enough) and the wing was flat and bent up almost at a 90 degree ange less than halfway out. The wing was short too. It appeared to be only about 10 feet long total length.

I am not an artist so do not laugh at my attempt to re-create it in Paint. This shows the outline of what I saw and the 3 lights.

It did not appear to be a helicoptor (I was close enough to hear the chopper sound of the blades). It did not appear to be a small airplane (it was stationary). I watched the thing for about 2 minutes and it remained in the same location. Again only 3 lights were seen, one red on one end, one green on the other, and one noticably brighter white light near the center. After passing it my wife and I wee watching it from behind and all three light were as bright. Usually you cannot see the "headlight" on most planes from behind.

Only thing I can think it could be is an aircraft similar to a harrier, but I do not feel like it was. I think I could have heard the air propulsion at the close distance I was.

I am NOT claiming I saw a UFO, but who knows. I am not aware of any new tower in that area which could be another explanaition for this thing.

Did anyone else see this thing who happened to be in the 121 and Tollway vacinity this morning by Frisco / Plano, Texas?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

That there is what we folks like to call an Airplane

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That is what I think it was, yet how do you explain the stationary hovering in same location for around 2 - 3 solid minutes? Again my drawing does not do justice and I drew the body with lines yet it was more oval in shape. I thought it could be a harrier but I have never seen an aircraft like that in this area, unless JC Penney execs are going to Washington to ask for bailout money and they leased a harrier jet

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well, what you've drawn is an airplane, even the lights are where they should be on a aircraft.

Could it have been a model of some sort?

Or maybe your eyes were playing tricks on you.

Check out the vid in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Fair enough. I am gonna call it a wierd new plane I am not familier with with no blinking lights. What I felt at first anyway but just in case, thought I would post it.

Is there a way this thread can be closed???

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As you say you were moving in a car, I believe you simply saw an airplane that was moving, but appeared not to be. I've seen planes many times as I live directly under the approach to our local airport, and when driving, depending on the direction relative to the planes direction, the plane can indeed appear to be stationary in the sky.

Just a trick of the eye, optical illusion, etc, etc.

top topics

join