It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstrean "christians" worship pagan Idols, including christmas trees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think there was a lot of borrowed traditions and a kind political agenda in religions to begin with. As I'm my own kind of Christian, led there at 12, by Spirit, I don't follow the dusty old manuscripts at all. Nor is God depicted in them. Im more of a gnostic Christian now. But people don't have to know all about this corruption. THey need to have many moments of joy and family togetherness, and so many are working as slaves to the federal reserve system and their families are left on the side, just to try and provide shelter. Nurses, in New York city can't afford to pay for apartments and provide for their chidlren and are made homeless! Unbelievable. These traditions are full of wonderful memories for children, and they count the most!

If we can free the world and live the spirit of the venus project, which is what needs to be done, eventually for us to be truly civilized and join the cosmos, we will still wish for christmas, or something of the same sort.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well I dont believe I have ever seen anyone worship the Christmas trees ..
Or Santa Clause or the wreath on the door or Rudolph etc ...

Or the presents they get under the tree ...

But if I did I would certainly point out to them how pagan that is .

Every man made holiday is a pagan day ..funerals are pagan etc etc ...
Hey even my birthday is a pagan holiday ..so what do you do ?

I personally see Christmas as a day for love and family and giving ..
I do have a tree but only because the lights are so pretty and it is a place to put the toys under the tree for the kids (do they need those toys ? NO) ...lol .

It is so commercial now that it really has lost any pagan or religious meaning anyway so at this point what does it matter even ...it wont be long and even it will just go away (since no one can afford to do it anyway ) .
Personally on holidays I sort of agree with the JWs about them ..Why not make everyday a holiday and everyday a day for giving etc ...........

I try and live by this .
Everyday is the LORDS DAY ..every day should be a HOLY DAY (as holy as you can possibly make it ) ...
And holidays such as Christmas and Easter ..whether or not they are the actual days Christ was born and died (which who knows really what days they were to be exact) I still do what I have to do to make them days that at least REPRESENT A CHRIST DAY ....with friends and family and a nice meal etc .....the tree and its pretty lights etc are nothing but for looks ...(not in honor of tree hugging earth godesses or whatever) ................but in honor of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love that GOD had for all of mankind to have sent himself to us in the form of a human (like us with the same passions etc to show us that we can with the POWER OF the HOLY SPIRIT deny the flesh and live a spirituler and more fulfilling life etc )with the added benefit of eternal life offered us .... ......HIS LOVE and what he did for me (Gave his life) ...And rose again (Easter) (not some pagan ritual from history) ..........is what those holidays represent in my world anyway ..

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: wheher we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

Now if me as a Christian actually celebrated Christmas in honor of the pagan dieties that it represents ..Then yes I WOULD BE GUILTY ..and it would be wrong for me to celebrate it ..

Just my opinion of course ..

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Yeah, right simplynoone. I really love those lights, I don't get around to taking the darn thing down until April usually!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by heliosprime

You know, I used to argue against those who equated Jesus' birthday with December 25th. Now I'm not entirely sure that date is incorrect.

Actually you are partially correct........if you do some research in the histroy of John the babtist you will find his mother Elizabeth and Mary were cousins. There is a passage where when Mary visited he cousin John "lept" with joy in the womb at the presence of Jesus in Mary's womb just shortly after conception. It takes some research but that event happened around Dec 25th-ish......If life begins at conception (something I do believe)........Jesus "began" near this date.........

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Once again, you are stating your faith as fact. That is empty.

errr...FAITH fills one to overflowing with HOPE, LOVE, and all the blessings of YHVH........the emptiness you feel is from a lack of faith....

May God bless you and open your eyes and heart...........

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't think any mainstream Christian worships trees and presents etc but in my eyes all the paganism is definitely a problem because it takes the focus off of what is supposed to be a celebration of Christ. It's gotten to the point now that Jesus is pretty much the last thing most people think about in connotation with Christmas. Even to the point where some refer to it as 'Xmas', thus taking the Christ out of Christmas.

Many people will argue that there is nothing wrong with giving presents, peace and joy blah blah concept that is Christmas now days, but remember Satan comes as an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14). If he didn't make it look appealing and innocent, no one would buy into it.

Probably just a coincidence but isn't interesting that one of the nicknames for the devil is 'Old Nick' and Santa Claus is often referred to as "Old Saint Nick"?

I've fallen into the trap somewhat myself. Although I don't put up the decorations, people always buy me presents and i will feel bad not to reciprocate. If I must be really honest, it's also fear of being called a 'bah humbug' or whatever. LOL

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
errr...FAITH fills one to overflowing with HOPE, LOVE, and all the blessings of YHVH........the emptiness you feel is from a lack of faith....

It realy does equate to what you have faith in-I'm sure the members of the turnip worshipping cult of Southern Sri Lanka (if there is one) have complete 'faith' in their beleifs and opinions-it doesn't necessarily make them true or correct.

Whilst theres nothing inherently wrong with having faith in any opinion (as long as it does not harm others or encourage delusions of grandeur/superiority) it should never be used to prove a point or misrepresented in a factual context.
Doing so is unfair and detracts from intelligent,meaningful discussion.....its also the sign of a pretty weak argument.
If 'faith' was 'fact' you wouldn't have to have faith in it would you?

As Mr Nietzsche was fond of saying:
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

My town's bank was robbed, a few yrs back...people were killed, bad things happened for sure.

Should I not 'go there' and use those services now just because 'bad things' happened there one time in history ?

OT thinks December NOW brings joy to so many in 'the name of Jesus'

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tunnel vision is a waste of time...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

....Doing so is unfair and detracts from intelligent,meaningful discussion.....its also the sign of a pretty weak argument.

If 'faith' was 'fact' you wouldn't have to have faith in it would you?

karl12, Could it be your 'definition' of faith is short-sighted? see... www.abovetopsecret.com...

As Mr Nietzsche was fond of saying:
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." Friedrich Nietzsche

How'd that approach work out for him?

He was completely on his own. There was, apparently, nobody, or at least hardly anybody who understood him or with whom he could be really friends, except in one or two cases just through the medium of correspondence. And he also had to suffer, more and more, very great physical pain. He wasn't a healthy person

hmmm????

And then in 1889, Nietzsche became insane and he died, still insane, in 1900 at the age of 55. So such was the life, such was the work of Nietzsche.

Your quote of him above sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy????

[edit on 6-12-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

My town's bank was robbed, a few yrs back...people were killed, bad things happened for sure.

Should I not 'go there' and use those services now just because 'bad things' happened there one time in history ?

OT thinks December NOW brings joy to so many in 'the name of Jesus'

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tunnel vision is a waste of time...

Your analogy misses the point completely, christmas continues to glorify false gods like "solar invictus" while the world ignores the true annual sabbaths...........christmas and easter are both misdirections by satan to keep man from keeping the true sabbaths "required" by God........

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Worship denotes adoration and reverence. I think my Christmas decorations are pretty, but I don't worship them. I give them no more reverence than I do any other fragile item in my home.

Most of our Christmas traditions are rooted in pagan practices. I don't dispute that. But what is more important than practices are intentions. I find it difficult to believe that millions of people, whether Christian or not, are bowing down and worshiping their trees.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Worship denotes adoration and reverence. I think my Christmas decorations are pretty, but I don't worship them. I give them no more reverence than I do any other fragile item in my home.

Most of our Christmas traditions are rooted in pagan practices. I don't dispute that. But what is more important than practices are intentions. I find it difficult to believe that millions of people, whether Christian or not, are bowing down and worshiping their trees.

Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not." (KJV).

www.religioustolerance.org...

Just because something has been "accepted" for thousands of years does not make it acceptable to God....

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Jeremiah 10:2-4: "Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them. For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not." (KJV).

www.religioustolerance.org...

Just because something has been "accepted" for thousands of years does not make it acceptable to God....

I take it that you follow all of the old Levitical laws. You don’t eat pork or shell fish, you don’t wear clothes made from different fibers, and you keep the Sabbath from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. That’s fine if you wish to follow the old cannon of the law. Just don’t presume you know what is in the hearts of others.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Gentiles were not required to follow the 610+ laws that were exclusively for those who chose to enter into the covenent with G-d; HOWEVER, we were as Gentiles commanded to turn to G-d and keep His commandments.

This does fall under the commandments as it is regarded in the Bible as paganism and #1 on G-d's list was "thou shalt have no other gods before me."

I personally have not done this for several years for personal reasons. We have traditions that we do during that time and I do give the boys a FEW (not a *snip* load) of gifts, but I don't lie to them about where they came from.
This all has more to do with values; not wanting to overindulge my children to where they think they can demand things of ppl (no matter what time of year, nothing is more annoying than kids who EXPECT things of ppl just because they exist... not what I want to instill in them) and not wanting to lie to them EVER.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I have a thread on the paganism inherent in December 25th called When was Jesus Born?. It has much information from several sources and videos and audios to watch and listen too...

GOD does care if you do Pagan things in HIS NAME, look what he did to he Israelites that made a golden calf and called it a Feast unto YHVH...

Can you say dead and never saw the promised land? GOD says throughout his word what happens to those that worship him in Pagan ways and also those that do pagan things.

I find it funny that so many so-called Christians think they can serve GOD in the way they want and GOD has to accept it rather than taking the words of Jesus in Matt.

Why do YOU call me LORD, WHEN YOU DO NOT DO AS I SAY?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Christianity prior to the Nicene council was highly syncretic (shortly thereafter the Roman emperor Constantine became the first man on record to kill in the name of Christ).

try making sense of this one:

wonkette.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Christians no more worship christmass trees than jews worship dredels or muslims worship prayer rugs.

I don't know what you believe in, but I am fairly certain you do not worship the truth, given the title of this thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I think that you are right about christians not worshipping christmas trees. it was the paganism in it though that the Bible spoke against. It was cutting down a living tree and then adorning it that G-d was against. That is different than what the Jews are using.

I am not saying whether it is wrong or right. That is for G-d to do.. which, if you believe the Bible to be G-d's word, then well.... haha

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The true symbolic meaning portrayed , by the 'innocent' looking christmas tree is this : THE LIVING GOD - CUT DOWN - and DECORATED WITH THORNS .

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Preface;
I was drawn to this thread because I looked up the originator's info after seeing a previous thread/topic.

I also dislike the pagan infiltration into the true Christian faith. It seems that people forget that God originated life, and the practice for all of humanity to follow, and that the adversary (AKA Satan) has ever since inserted his corruptions.

No matter how much human culture has done to make pagan holidays great nostalgic objects of endearment, it can never improve on the Divine order. Pagan holidays; Easter, Christmas, Lent, All Saint's day, Sunday (as a holy day), are all designed by Satan to lure Christians away from God and the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join