It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis of this picture - Please help

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The anomaly looks to be a painting scanned onto someone's computer, then they added a fisheye effect to the image and photoshopped it to fit in the circle position of the magnifying eye sitting on the table. They just did a good job of cleanly cropping the edges. The optiloupe box is more in focus than the blurry magnifying eye. Very arty photo. The only explanation other than that is a reflection from something in the room. But have any of the debunkers played around with an optiloupe magnifying eye to try and recreate the photo on their own? And make an image appear just like in this photo? Would a painting reflect onto the magnifying eye like that? Really? Someone could actually take that photo? Or the image is photoshopped and faked...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thechi

I zoomed in really tight. It looks like 2 people hugging in front of a grave marked with a cross. Only you just see the one arm of the cross. There are lots of trees in the background.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I turned the picture upside down and immediately saw a mans hand reaching out.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Dec 3 smeared and imposed on a map

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Here's something interesting.....

I've turned the org. picture upside down and drawn some lines on it.
I've divided the picture in half with a "southern" and "northern" hemisphere. across the horizontal white line seems to be the reflection between these two hemispheres.
The two pictures (real one and reflected one (north and south)) seem to be inverted across the vertical white line. If you follow the red and blue lines you can clearly see the reflected inverted images of all the objects that can be sen in the southern hemisphere....(have i lost you already??)

It seem to me that according to this theory we only have to focus on the southern hemisphere as it is the original. i.e. everthing beneath the white line is the real image and eveything above is reflection.

What i don't know is how a lens works and if it is normal to invert an image across a horizontal reflection line......anybody.

Ps: if anybody also neds the original 1.6MB JPG please ask i'll send it to you

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Am i seeing two people dancing here or a man pulling a woman away from something???

come on people....you have got to see it aswell....or am i really nuts??

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I dont know it kind of looks like a bed with no one on it then in the reflection in the water in combination with the trees it looks like some hooded people carrying a caskat its kind of a weird picture.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It looks like a person lying on a bench with shorts and t-shirt, and some kind of hat, with there feet towards us, bbye a small lake with a white wall on the right... well thats what i see.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hello thechi, and welcome to ATS!

I think you will find this thread quickly being filled with skeptics from here on out, so take heed, and try to remain cheerful and collected.

That being said, I must say that I do not believe your story. I smell the strong odour of photoshop emanating from the image, but to prove this we will all need a little bit more information, if you could oblige us.

Could you please provide us with:

• The original, straight-from-camera photograph of the image under discussion (or perhaps operation mindcrime can host these for us,
  • The original, straight-from-camera photograph of this image. (Preferably the photograph to the right of this composite)

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Hi, and thanks for being honest. I hung out with my friend last night, who took this photo, and he had no idea what was going on ATS. He was quite shocked that people are still discussing this anomaly. After a few drinks he said, "I really don't care if anyone online believes me or not...me, you, my wife and all our friends know it's true and that's all that counts." I see his point, but I did start this thread and I will commit to it.

I am going to ask him for the original JPG without the anomaly, if he still has it, I will email it to Operation MindCrime. We were at a holiday party and I couldn't exactly keep the conversation on topic when it came to his photo last night.

I am trying to get Magikshroom (the photographer) to get back on ATS to post his point of view. This way you can hear the answers from the horses mouth, and not from someone like me who has to work as the middle man with all this.

Thanks for your interest

[edit on 7-12-2008 by thechi]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok....I just spoke to the photographer (magikshroom). He is banned from posting because he chose a username that is the same as his website's URL. How does he go about changing his username to something else?

Thanks,

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thechi

What difference would that make if you're speaking with him? It's not as if he's any more credible if he does anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

If that's the mentality here then why don't we just lock this thread?
Please, examine the hell out of that original anomaly photo. If it looks legit, let's start actually talking about what this forum is called....."Paranormal Studies", not "Who is trying to be deceiving Studies".

Operation MindCrime, please look into the UKBloke story.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
First I want to express how difficult it is to eat crow and wipe egg off of one’s face at the same time.

The EXIF information for the Original Photograph follows:

ImageDescription -
Make - SONY
Model - DSC-T70
Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
DateTime - 2008:11:13 14:50:22
ExifOffset - 203
ExposureTime - 1/4 seconds
FNumber - 3.50
ExposureProgram - Normal program
ISOSpeedRatings - 640
ExifVersion - 0221
DateTimeOriginal - 2008:11:13 14:50:22
DateTimeDigitized - 2008:11:13 14:50:22
CompressedBitsPerPixel - 3 (bits/pixel)
ExposureBiasValue - 0
MaxApertureValue - F 3.51
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
LightSource - Auto
Flash - Not fired, compulsory flash mode
FocalLength - 6.33 mm
FlashPixVersion - 0100
ColorSpace - sRGB
ExifImageWidth - 3264
ExifImageHeight - 2448
CustomRendered - Normal process
ExposureMode - Auto
White Balance - Auto
SceneCaptureType - Standard
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness – Normal

It was indeed taken on 13 Nov 2008, or at least that’s the time the camera was set for. I have no reason to believe that the camera time would have been set to that specific date a year ago, by which I must conclude that the item was posted on ebay last year, and didn’t sell, therefore it was present to have the photo in question taken last month. It was taken with a Sony Cybershot DSC-T70, at a nominal 8 megapixels.

The picture is dark, grainy (probably because of the ambient lighting) and somewhat out of focus at full resolution. Because of this blurriness, image quality really isn’t improved by examining it at full resolution. It looks almost like it was “softened” by applying Vaseline to the lens.

After lightening and contrast enhancing the image in the lens, there appears to be an outdoor scene of some sort present. There is an indeterminant mass on the left side of the image, either a bush or the side of a head, the blurriness makes it indistinct, close to the photographer. Beyond that is what appears to be a body of water, reflecting a treeline on the far side of it. The treeline in the upper half of the image is more distinct than the reflection of it in the lower half, leading me to think that is a reflection in a slow moving body of water. The “tree” on the right shows a clear reflection, and there appears to be a second tree to the left of it reflected in the foreground, which cannot be seen in the treeline due to an apparent obstructing clump of leaves on the “bush” in the left foreground, or whatever that mass is.

There appears to be a road running along the center of the image, between the reflective body and the treeline. The entire anomalous image has a sepia tone, as if it were an old, faded photograph. Interestingly, the white object on the right, Identified by some as a Celtic cross, is white, without a trace of the sepia present in the rest of the image. I don’t think it’s a Celtic cross, though, because there isn’t any evidence that the central circle is complete. The lower part of what would be the circle is missing.

My 13 year old says he thinks that what has been identified as a crack running vertically near the center is actually a telephone pole. I don’t have any guesses as to what has been identified as a car. It’s too indistinct. Barring the phenomena of “matrixing”, I can’t detect any images of people in it. The image is too blurry to detect whether or not an old photo was cut out and pasted to the lens, but the original photo file appears to be unaltered.

@ Operation Mindcrime: sometimes reflections in concave lenses (sunken in) will reflect across a centerline and reverse as you mentioned, but this lens should be convex (bulging out), and rather strongly so. A reflection should have a "fisheye" appearance.

I’m stumped, for the present, but I’ll still keep tinkering with it to try and ferret out an answer.

nenothtu out

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
everybody,

Been setting up the christmas tree with the wife and kids today so haven't made much progress.....

But will somebody with knowlidge please tell me that horizontally across the image (were i made a white line) seems to be the border between the image and the reflection. And after it has been reflected the reflection itself is turned 180 on his mid axis.

explantion of the above theory...

nobody??...anybody???.....guess it's just me....

[edit on 7/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

oh ps: please don't ask were i see a red and a blue dot in the original image. Those are for expl. purposes.......

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
  • The original, straight-from-camera photograph of the image under discussion (or perhaps operation mindcrime can host these for us,

• Here you go......enjoy!!!!...i know i have/am.

whooops..photobucket and picasa both seem to not wanna upload the intire image but the automaticly compress it......any tips??

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:20 PM
    link   
    reply to post by thechi

He Thechi,

I've got another question for you....does your friend have a black dog??
    I mean the small kind with maybe a white breast.....

If you could look into that one....thanks!!!!

Oh boy i'm seeing all sorts of things right now.....

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
    link   
    reply to post by operation mindcrime

Operation MindCrime, funny enough he actually has about three cats, and the majority of the cats are all black but I think one is black and white.

So......are you guys saying that the you believe what I'm saying about the photo etc??

@ nenothtu: Just to clear something up, magikshroom NEVER had this item/photo last year. Nov 13, 2008 sounds about right, but once again he is not really interested in posting on ATS right now. I wasn't sure if you were saying in your last post the he took this photo last year but the item didn't sell etc. Is that what you meant?

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:58 PM
    link   
    reply to post by thechi

He Thechi,

Once more ,i really don't care if this is real ,fake or what ever. I'm not in it for that. Since last week your photo has been driving me bonkers and i wanna know what it is i'm seeing, that's all........how's that for dedication....

I'm still having lots of fun but right now i'm seeing two diff. pictures all together and i am both MSpainting them as best as i can to make it clear what i'm seeing.

The first is in line with this ATS tradition in which i see a spooky painting of a man and a woman in some still to be divined surrounding...
    Here's what i came up with so far..

This is it folks.....i think

But now i seeing very clearly a picture of a black little dog looking straight in the lens (or camera ,if it's a picture) with some buildings in the background. I will try to point this one out as well with my more than fantastic photo editing skill so hold on to your hats, this is gonna be great.....

oh ps: the stuff about it the picture in the lens being reflected don the middle and inverted is absolutly true.....i think. (see the picture above, make up your own mind). Dont forget to max. the picture in explorer to get all the details...

Peace

PS : i thought...nah forget about editing my typos...but when i got to 5 i thought it really couldn't hurt to correct a few things....

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
    link   
    I like that visual, the staircase really stood out to me. I can see what you mean and it has that oil painting feel to it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join