It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Analysis of this picture - Please help

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think it looks like a farm/ranch house with a mountain in the background.
like your looking at what the person who owned that was looking at...Maybe he was a serial killer looking at a house of his victim...Or maybe where he lived...But it looks like your looking through his eyes...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

I thought an old car too possibly 50 s type ford maybe!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

That is what I was seeing. Looks like a streetview shot facing a driveway with a wall between two houses.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Well so much for 3 hours of sleep....lets get back to it.
(ps: no hauntings last night, so i guess i loose...
)

But to be honest, OP the whole thread and your input has a ring to it like i had last week with "Ayumi", a new member on ATS who was very confinced of what he had photographed and was giving people all sort of info , here's a link

Ufo shooting out of the ocean
(read the whole thing, it's interesting!!)

needless to say "Ayumi" is no more , for posting knowingly false info (read T&C). Now the only reason i could think of him doing this was trying to get as much ATS points as he could.

Don't get this the wrong way but your input is scarse. Every once in a while you drop in and watch how people are doing and talking right up their alley

Thanks to everyone for their input. I have not seen a lot of members calling out "fake", thanks for your anonymous trust. I can assure you all this is NOT a fake and we are just trying to figure out and share our thoughts on what this could be (paranormal or otherwise).

If you were convinced this was real you wouldn't be concirned about people calling this a hoax or gaining trust You are giving me this "us" feeling while there is none. "we are just trying to figure out and share our thoughts on what this could be", it's like you're defending eveybody that agrees with you against the big bad nay-sayer.

Then you continue already covering your back by stating that your friend "magicshroom" is already banned for spamming his own website. So in order to assure the already gathered point under your account you already work forward as to when this will be proven a hoax you atleast can say : "he, it was magicshroom who gave me this pic, i didn't know!!"

Keep in mind that these Opti Loupes belonged to a person with an unsavory criminal background. I’m NOT the photographer of this photo, I’m the OP. The photographer’s screen name is magikshroom. He was on here posting and now he is banned. I think it had something to do with him having a website and admin may have thought he was trying to promote his website on ATS. His website is UNDER CONSTRUCTION and I introduced him to this site, for he knew nothing about ATS or other conspiracy type forums before he took this photo. It was my curiosity that encouraged him to allow me to post his photo here.

Then you also noticed this thread developing in two ways. On the one the people who are looking for the image in the lens and the scientific side were people try and explain how the image got there. Hence the story of you believing it is a paranormal thing and to keep the sceptics a friend introducing the girlfriend who think like them.

I do think the photo is rather creepy/strange and the majority of us are all seeing a similar scene. This leads me to lean toward the paranormal side of things and I’m not afraid to say so. My girlfriend is more of a skeptic than I am and she is also leaning toward a paranormal explanation. I’d have to guess and say that if you are posting, reading or talking about things in this forum, than it’s safe to say that we are somewhat interested in the paranormal aspect of life? Why can’t this image be just that, an image? I have never personally experienced anything outright paranormal in my life. This photo is the closest thing to a personal experience I’ve seen. Thanks again for everyone’s input…including the skeptics.

Don't get me wrong here but that's just the feeling i'm getting with this thread. It's not that it hasn't been fun, 'cause i've had a barrel of laughs but i really hope that when this thing runs dry you will post the original image in the lens 'cause i'm dying to know. You can just say that Magicshroom mailed it to you and you really didn't know.......

Am i being to sceptical here it just feels that way.....

oh and ps: Sorry for completly ignoring you post spitefullgod, i was having way to much fun but i really makes sence.

Originally posted by spitefulgod
The image in th lens looks way to defined/sharp compare to the rest of the image which is blurred, one of the lines in the lens is extremely crisp where as the rest of the image is not. I call fake.

Here is my 5 minute fake, can you guess what it is yet?

Oh and ps ps: I still think i'm right with my view of a procesion of white hooded figures carrying a coffin with in the background a woman (in a victorian dress) hanging over/holding a dead person who is laying down
while the group of hooded people is heading her way.....

Well, that's what 3 hours of sleep and a gallon of coffee can do for you...

oh and OP if you are sencere...don't take it to personal....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
here's a little inconsistancy for you....

Your "friend" ,Magikshroom, was created on the 5th of dec. 2008. Same date a this thread being posted. But the funny thing is...you say he got banned for spamming his website while the only (let me repeat that....only!!) post he ever made with his account was on the second page of this thread...no further history, no other posts...no nothing???

How is magikshroom doing???.......

magikshroom post history

just looking into the facts.......

[edit on 6/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

edit: ohhhh...the typos...it's not easy being Dutch!!!

[edit on 6/12/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype
Well I'm thinking it's a fake.

On flickr it shows that you took this anomoly photo on Novemeber 13 2008 yet the other 2 photos that you posted and were used on ebay were taken December 31 2007 according to Flickr. Just so I'm not misunderstanding anything, How and why would you take a couple pictures of an item a year ago with no anomolies, post the item for bid on ebay,(which didnt sell) then almost a year later take another picture of the item which now has an anomoly appearing on it?

Thinking of putting back on ebay as the Mysterious Optiloupe?

[edit on 5-12-2008 by stereotype]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by stereotype]

And indeed, this seems a little strange aswell.....

Could the moderator please look at the ip of the OP and the member called "Magikshroom" 'cause i've got a suspicion those will be the same...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My input, for those still awake...

It's been a fun and interesting Rorshach Test game, but the inconsistencies as to validity of the image are really the intriguing part. First, there is the unmentioned fact that thr OP claimed the image was the original "2MB" image, taken with a Sony Cybershot. The largest (file size) copy of the image I've been able to track down is 307kb, a far cry from 2 MB. Sure enough, as I dug into the guts of the file (not to be morbid or anything) I find that there is information missing, indicating an edit of some sort. If I ever get my hands on a copy of the real live original, I'll tell just what information was missing that tipped me off. You may not realize this, or you may, but all image files contain extra information in their innards, which doesn't directly display in the image itself, but provides further information about the file.

Then there is the timestamp problems involving the e-bay sale mentioned in another post. Good catch.

Operation Mindcrime, you have done a more masterful analysis of my thoughts on the matter than I myself am able to articulate. Maybe I need more coffee.

Two of the images in this thread were modified with Adobe Photoshop 7.0, and several were modified with something called "picnik.com" listed as the modification software, including the one from the e-bay listing. That one was modified on 31 Decenber 2007 at 18:00. Here's the EXIF info for that image:

XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - picnik.com
YCbCrPositioning - Centered
ExifOffset - 114
ExposureTime - 1/40 seconds
FNumber - 3.50
ExposureProgram - Normal program
ExifVersion - 0220
DateTimeOriginal - 2007:12:31 18:00:00
DateTimeDigitized - 2007:12:31 18:00:00
ComponentsConfiguration - YCbCr
CompressedBitsPerPixel - 3 (bits/pixel)
ExposureBiasValue - 0
MaxApertureValue - F 3.50
MeteringMode - Multi-segment
LightSource - Auto
FocalLength - 6.30 mm
FlashPixVersion - 0100
ColorSpace - sRGB
ExifImageWidth - 700
ExifImageHeight - 246

If that came from a Sony Cybershot, it has been modified by "picnik.com", and the cybershot listing removed.

I'm going to bed now.

nenothtu out

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
there is a window to the right and behind of the camera, the picture was taken in the late 40's or early 50's...

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sorry to rain on your parade, but this picture is clearly photoshopped. The image in the glass is a slightly different hue than the rest of the picture, and the sharpness is off just a hair...also the side of the red box and the table edge should be visible behind or inset in the loupe, even if it was reflecting an image......

its easy to see if you've been working with high res digital images for many years as I have....

I could be wrong this could be whats known as a "low-tech" job, where instead of editing the image digitally with software like photoshop or coreldraw, an image is simply placed there physically and then a photo is taken...

Also you stated the photo was taken with a Cyber shot digital camera, yet the resolution is very poor. This means it was either modified to look old and grainy or this was taken under much different circumstances than which you said....

Also if you look at the edge of the table to the left of the box, there's clearly pixelation, meaning this photo was doctored digitally in some way.....

the real question now is why was this doctored....

did you know it was modified and are trying to test us (the readers) or did someone try and fool you by feeding you a line.....

either way clearly this photo was edited, even if something was reflected in the lens, the background of whats behind the lens would be visible in some way, and as I stated before the sharpness and hues would match up....

sorry to be a negative nancy.....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
well i guess I should have read the entire post before I posted my reply as some other astute readers have provided an even more in depth analysis than I....

but the issue remains, was the original poster trying to pull something, or was he mislead as well?.....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I'm going with Operation Mindcrime's thought that the OP and Magicmushroom live in the same skin, until proven otherwise.

If that's the case, and the 'shroom tried to pull one over on him, then I'm guessing my ex would diagnose it as mutiple personality disorder. That's only a guess, as SHE was the qualified professional. I just helped her study thru the college parts of her professionalism.

If I'm wrong, then I expect to lay hands on the original, unmodified file much pronto.

nenothtu out

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Reply to nenothtu

Wahahaha....don't we all have "little friends" inside our head that sometimes talk to us.....mine never opened an account tho on ATS.

I also say " give us the original 2MB file" or atleast tell us what's in the d*mn picture 'cause i wanna know who came closest.....

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I don't know if this is helpful or not but I am an "old School" photographer, I have used this type of lens before. It is used on an enlarger to magnify a portion of the image on the printing easel to be sure the image is clear and in focus. The screw to the left side would fit in a small bracket that can be moved under the enlarging len and then back out of the way when your not using it.The image you see is probably a promotional image stuck to the back of the lens to demonstrate the clear image it will show. If you look at the inner rim of the lens you can see a difference in density between the inner and outer edge of the rim. This could indicated the presence of a solid object close to the rim. Another thought is the there is no image tranparency that would be true of a reflection (you would also see what was behind the lens if it was a reflection). Plus the image in the lens is a different color than the rest of the lens, if you take a photo and press it to the back side of a glass bottle you get much the same effect. Probably nothing more sinister or paranormal than the photo of a lens used in a darkroom with its promo photo still attached to the back that is for sale on ebay. But some of the thoughts on the subject were a lot more fun than mine : )

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I see a Buzz Lightyear doll on its back, head to right, feet left.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Okie Day, then.

I did some enhancing to the photo- not great work, but I managed a kinda 3d effect for people to work with. I couldn't do much else, it was getting spotty and speckly and harder the heck to figure out.

Anyways- Here's the enhancements, and one turned upside down to play with:

I really doubt this is gonna get solved unless we had a full view of the room this pic was taken in. A nice 360 deg. panorama shot.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Although this is a fun game to play I really don't see what this has to do with "Paranormal Studies".

Perhaps this thread should be moved to a more appropriate forum section or destroyed.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I vote for destroyed......

I hate posts that are obviously fake......people on this site are diligent, smart hard workers, and "stuff" like this wastes time.....

I'm not saying it wastes gobs and gobs of time, but it builds anger inside of me, and thats what gets the little voice in my head yelling......

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More random thoughts -

The picture of the Optivisor posted on page 6 by zeptepi clearly has an image of Death, complete with his scythe, present in the loupe. Maybe ALL of these things are haunted.

@ mindcrime: Yeah, we all got our little friends. Mine talk to me all the time, but it's ok, they like you guys. Besides, they're usually too busy plotting out how best to take over the world to open a secondary account at ATS.

@ wylekat: that's some good work there. now I see a gorilla in the upper right area in BOTH right side up and upside down images. How weird is that? Do gorillas have ghosts? Really not all that much difference when you flip it upside down, is there?

@ smokecrops: you hear the little voices too? It's a pandemic, then!

@ the OP: where's the original 2 MB file?

nenothtu out

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thechi
Emmy, my girlfriend and I really liked your concept. It had a weird twist to it but an odd familiarity all the same. We both wanted to make a comment on how interesting your perspective was. I'm sure we've all had an intelligent/thoughtful post from time to time and it just ends up being skipped over in the shuffle. I wish I could respond to everyone's insights but that would take some time....and it's also Friday night here

Thanks again....

Hey, aw shucks, you two made me feel so intelligent I'm blushing (there's a first time for everything, hahaha!!!!!)

Mindcrime - I hope you've had a good nights sleep after all that thinking

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Hey Jinni - at first I too thought that this forum was more for the actual 'study', I guess, but the bit explaining what this forum is for is at the top, just above the boards.

("This forum is for the general discussion of a wide range of paranormal phenomena that includes remote viewing, ESP, OBE, telepathy, ghosts, spirits, etc. Participants should be aware that this is a highly speculative forum where topics and responses will tend to lean in favor of the existence of these phenomena. Those who would wish to refute these subjects should be aware of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of supporting the free examination of "alternative topics" which includes the paranormal")

So, if this is in fact a paranormal 'picture' or scene, then I think it's alright for topics sake and fits in with the guidelines of this forum. But fair point all the same

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join