It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me, What makes whites racist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It's ones outlook that is racist.
The color has nothing to do with it.
All kinds of people are racist.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Hey Cluck can I join your religion?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
reply to post by cluckerspud

Hey Cluck can I join your religion?

Absolutely..

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike

If I commit a violent act against a person of another race because they are of that race, or materially discriminate against a person based on race (such as not giving them a job, loan, apartment, etc.) then I am a racist.

but if I get mad at a black person for being a jerk I'm a racist?

All I'm saying is that I SHOULD be able to "judge" every person on their own merits regardless of race

1. Yes that's true. But guess what? You're also a racist if you hate other races based on stereotypes as well as feeling that you're better than them.

How would that make you racist? If he's a jerk then anyone with common sense could understand why you'd get mad at him. However, if you subconsciously think he's a jerk due to him being black, then yes, you are a racist.

3. This is what you're supposed to do. So start doing it.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Scarecrow If he's a jerk then anyone with common sense could understand why you'd get mad at him.

Ah, but this was the EXACT point I was trying to make from the beginning. It seems to me that many people (specifically non-white people) ignore common sense and make it about the jerk's race even if anyone should be able to see that he's a jerk, or acting like one.

Therefore, I find myself NOT responding appropriately to non-white people who act badly because I'm afraid that someone will play the race card and make ME seem to be the jerk. In other words, if a "person of color" is being really obnoxious or rude, I try to ignore it instead of responding as I would if a white person were acting the same way. That's "reverse discrimination," and as a white person I feel forced into it sometimes because the consequences of being labeled a racist (particularly where I work) can be very unpleasant.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
Its is because black pride consist of everyone being free and enlightened. It deals with the circle of life, and how we (all living things) are connected. White pride deals with supremacy and making others inferior. It deals with capturing innocent people and throwing them into wells, or making people bite curbs.

Lets not forget that (some) Blacks were enslaving each other in Africa long before whites came to their shores..
This circle of life idea is a romantic idea but completely bogus. Man has dominated man to his injury since the beginning of time.

edited to add the word "some" I generally don't like to generallize.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Therefore, I find myself NOT responding appropriately to non-white people who act badly because I'm afraid that someone will play the race card and make ME seem to be the jerk.

I really don't understand why you feel this way. Now, if you approached the non-white person who was acting like a jerk, and said something like you "insert racial slur here" then you'd be the jerk as well as a racist. Personally, I think the reason why you don't call out a non-white person for acting like a idiot, is because you know (or perhaps fear) you'd utter a racial slur via the freudian slip.

Also, if people (of all races) knew how you really felt about (and I hate to single out the black race here, but you haven't expressed any other..disappointment of another race but blacks to me) blacks, which is fear, then it shouldn't EVER surprise you when somebody thought you were a jerk upon saying something (regardless if it's racial or not) negative to or about a black person. They'd automatically assume that whatever you were saying to them was based on racism due to the fact you're afraid of blacks. Why? Because fear (in this case) is one of the contributing factors to racism. Moreover, they'd probably think you were racist towards all other races, because of your fear of blacks.

I hope you can understand this Heike. If you can't then you're hopeless. And I place all emphasis on hopeless.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Scarecrow

Yeah, I get what you're saying but
a) you're extrapolating inaccurately, and
b) we're back to common sense vs. racism

Am I afraid of a group of young black men who look like they might be gang members? Heck, yeah!

Am I afraid of a group of young white men who look like they might be gang members (or street toughs, etc.) You bet!

Am I afraid of a group of young Mexican men loitering on a street corner and looking tough or gang like? Yes again!

Am I afraid of the approximately 60% of the staff where I work who are black? Nope.
Am I afraid of the grocery store checker who's black? Nope.
Am I afraid of black cops? Nope.

Stating that I am afraid of blacks as if I were afraid of all blacks, or minorities, is a misrepresentation of what I've said to you other places, and it's not true.

I'm inclined to be wary of (afraid of, if you like) a certain type of black person, but it's only common sense and experience - I'm afraid of the similar "type" (tough-looking males, particularly teenagers) regardless of race. I might also be mildly uncomfortable in large group of black (or Mexican, or Native American, etc.) people if I were the only "whitey," but that's just fairly normal anxiety associated with not fitting into the group. I feel exactly the same when I'm at a meeting amidst a bunch of rich, powerful, elitist or celebrity type people (which sometimes happens due to where I work and my position there).

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

reply to post by The Scarecrow

Am I afraid of a group of young black men who look like they might be gang members? Heck, yeah!

Am I afraid of a group of young white men who look like they might be gang members (or street toughs, etc.) You bet!

Am I afraid of a group of young Mexican men loitering on a street corner and looking tough or gang like? Yes again!

1. Keyword in that question is look. You don't really know if they are or not. So therefore you're stereotyping.

2. See number 1.

3. Again, see number 1.

Oh and after going back and re-reading one of your previous posts, I discovered you had said this:

Jewish people who dislike Germans because they believe that we think we are a superior race who still harbor secret desires to exterminate them may be prejudiced (and certainly irrational), but they are not racists.

Okay, you claim you're not racist. Well, after saying that you lost all credibility.

On that note, you're seriously not even worth debating anymore. Edit to add that I forgot to address this statement:

I'm inclined to be wary of (afraid of, if you like) a certain type of black person, but it's only common sense and experience

It's not a "type" of black person you're (or have ever been) afraid of. It's a stereotyped black person.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilitieTempliSalmo

Originally posted by redled
I reckon it's because white man made the gun, got immense power and wealth through it and had to morally justify it. Fortunately the bible was at hand and Kane of the Abel fame was a baddie and was made black for it (I'm sure this was really biblical politics for some war or other) and White man said, yup that will do and set out to associate black with anything convenient. Dunno, was White Man racist before the gun??

If a cannon can be considered a gun, the chinese were the first to introduce it in the battlefield.

Akin,

What "secrets" of the moon by using "musical instruments". I'm talking about science not religious or supersticious mumbojumbo. You talk about rituals while I talk about copernicus or galileo... I talk about telescopes and sextants and you answer with "musical instruments"? What black tribe used mathemathics before? Still... if they were so advanced why they could barely engineer their own huts? Lets look at the romans for instanc... Public sewers, health care, aquaducts, hell they didnt actually NEED the freakin 0 to be more advanced in anything... so after they added a number with no value, well, great I guess... so much for engineering a hut with sticks and musical instruments and tribal dances while the rest of the world was sailing across the oceans, discovering uncharted territory - they never left their place...

The evolution rate is not the same.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by MilitieTempliSalmo]

Militie.....Your quote makes it very obvious that the evolution rate is NOT the same....I cant believe you are on a consipracy site and believe the version of history written by the same people that now conspire to your new NWO enslavement.....

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

You feel this way because of your own weaknesses. You should not be afraid of being considered racist if you are not one and have done nothing wrong. I think your post reflects many of your own shortcomings and prejudices which are real and not imagined....just my psychological evaluation of your posts/responses thus far.....

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There shouldn't be any such thing as racism as it suggests you are ashamed of your race if you are insulted by any racist slang.

I am white and I'd be damned if any name suggesting that I am so insults me.

People that are insulted should grow a pair.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The thing that white people need to realize is that all this stuff about Black people blaming whites for all of their issues are just the NWO Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton crap that white people eat all up and think that is "the voice of Black America" and how Blacks really feel because they have no ACTUAL Black friends/associates that they can ask because White people have been conditioned to fear Blacks.....go on believing sheeple go on!!!!!!!!

The fact plainly is that most Blacks dont care about what White people do or say. We honestly could care less. We dont talk crap about you behind your White backs at all ----As a matter of fact we dont think about you. SORRY WHITEFOLKFS BUT you all arent even important enough to be brought up in daily conversation.

We dont blame or cry out racism everyday like the MSM (FOX network and friends) would like you to think (as a divide an conquer control mechanism for the sheeple. )

No we just live our lives not looking for reparations, mules, acreage, handouts or handups just fair honest chances at equality...thats it. If you dont believe me be brave and ask a Black person.

PS. You dont have to be a slave to feel the effects of slavery. You are experiencing the aftermath still. Slavery, the very essence of racism in America, and its impact shows right here in this thread.

Its not a forgive and forget thing......

Once todays' White people recognize and acknowledge (not take the blame) that slavery and Jim Crow and other forms of institutional racism and stereotypification of Blacks have had an enormous impact and needs to be stopped.........then it will all end.

Lastly, sorry Whitefolks, Its still not all fixed...... Black (Mixed?) president or not. .......

PPS: I hate WHITES, BLACKS, ASIANS, GAYS. JEWS, CATHOLICS, HISPANICS, ETC. because THEY DONT EXIST!
THEY ARE JUST NWO lables. We all bleed red dammit. When will you all wake up already?

Your Black neighbor might just have enough gold in his chain, guns in his basement, and watermelon seeds to help your white behinds out when TSHTF!

Dont be dumba#####! UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
it's tribal

But anyway, someone will dislike you if you are fat, skinny,have red hair,ugly,bow legged,
white,black,Jewish,a redneck,stupid, poor, uneducated,have acne,missing teeth,big feet,
to tall,to short,stink,polish,a woman,gay,male,to educated,homeless,Indian,Irish,have a large nose,cut in front of them in traffic, Christian,muslim,Presbyterian,

big boned,bald,left handed,cross-eyed,Democrat,republican,BLOND,liberal,conservative,sing muskrat love,drink to much,atheist,amazons,Greek,someone's mother-in-law,fart in public,moderator,
,speak,communist,American,especially,American,they wont like you if you like someone they don't like,rich,rocker,rapper,

WOW I just realized I hate everyone equally,

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

In other words, if a "person of color" is being really obnoxious or rude, I try to ignore it instead of responding as I would if a white person were acting the same way. That's "reverse discrimination," and as a white person I feel forced into it sometimes because the consequences of being labeled a racist (particularly where I work) can be very unpleasant.

There is no such thing as reverse discrimination or reverse racism.
Why oh why can't people understand this point??

There is just racism.

Racism is not "hatred or intolerance of non-white people".

It is, amongst others "hatred or intolerance of another race or other races"

Therefore, how can we have Reverse-racism???

Racism reversed would be tolerance.

[edit on 15/12/08 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here's the solution,guys,there is no hope for humans until everyone on the planet can find something or someone in common to focus there hate upon.

scratch that it wont work either.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We do, but George bush is off soon, so we need somebody else now

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We do, but George bush is off soon, so we need somebody else now

OH NO we are dooooomed!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One thing I'd like to add is that whites who possess prejudices towards blacks due to being treated wrong by them (which is usually the case) is quite understandable. However, if the white person finds ANY evidence whatsoever that is contrary to their prejudice of a black person, and yet still willingly holds on to that prejudice (which more often than not they do), then they're idiots.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

the claim that black crimes on whites is NEVER racially motivated is a load of bunk.. i have been jumped just for being white.. friends and family of mine have been jumped for being white..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join