It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Update" Gun club, police chief, 2 others face manslaughter charges in boy's Uzi death at Mass. s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Gun club, police chief, 2 others face manslaughter charges in boy's Uzi death at Mass. show

www.courant.com

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) — Three men, including a small-town police chief, were indicted Thursday on involuntary manslaughter counts in the gun-fair death of an 8-year-old who accidentally shot himself in the head with an Uzi that a prosecutor said he never should have been allowed to handle.

The club where the fair was held also was charged. The fair had promised shooters would have certified instructors in an advertisement, but District Attorney William Bennett said the child, Christopher Bizilj, was supervised by an uncertified 15-year-old boy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/4/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
As a pro-firearm advocate, I am appalled at this complete show of ignorance in this incident. The police chief gives his assurance that the two men that brought the Uzi into Mass. that it was perfectly legal to do when it was NOT, and leaving a 15 year old with no official permit to be in charge of dangerous weapons is unconscionable. What ever happens to these men is justified. They have no alibi!!

www.courant.com

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Well here is the original thread when the said event occurred:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The right to bear firearms should be never be taken from us. Yet when events like this occur even though negligence is the actual cause, people somehow figure the firearms are to blame. I honestly cannot imagine what these men were thinking to bring a child to a gun show then to leave him unattended.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

Yes, I remember that theread when it happened. Since I live only 60 miles from that gun show, I know many folks that where in attendence. The state of Massachusetts is not firearm friendly to begin with being run by the Kennedy's, so it was realy strange that this was allowed in the first place. I attend the largest automatic weapons event in the US in Kentucky and nothing like this has ever happened in 35 years. This is a black eye for all of us who understand exactly what the risks and safety needed for an event like this. The court case is going to be front and center with Obama and his anti-gun lackeys in office.

Zindo

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, you are right. This country is just going downhill all the signs are out there. Now when we would need our guns the most is when they want to strip us naked. Occurrences like this which ought to be blamed on negligence instead end in the 'firearms' being found guilty of the crime. As if a 'gun' is guilty of killing anyone. It's negligence and murderous intent that kills. That is what Obama and his cabinet should be addressing not taking away our right to bear.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The local news tonight is that the police chief is trying to say that he was misinformed and not privy to the laws!! Ya, right, he is the one that started this mess and now he's trying to 'explain ' his way out of it by pleading ignorance! I know that is would not work for me, but who knows with a local LEO!!

Zindo

[edit on 12/4/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Tragic. Sounds like the police chief and perhaps some others, are/will point the finger at someone or something to get out from under this blunder.

I cant believe that anyone would allow a 15 yr old and an 8 yr old around a gun like that without an adult standing right next to them, much less let the 15 yr old be a supervisor!!

It is sheer stuipidity. And unfortunate for those of us who are trying to keep our right to have guns. No doubt the anti-gun folks will use this as another chip in their pocket of reasons why guns should be taken away.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
RFBurns,

Whats realy going to screw them is that the advertisements for the show had explicitly stated that registered firearms experts would be on site to supervise on the flyers!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I own guns but I think more stringent checks should be inacted and enforced. Those people shown to be....

Stupid, drunks, junkies, mentally unstable, or wife beaters or felons and some misdemeanors should not even be able to own a BBgun.

It's those unresponsible people that will be responsible for taking away our guns not the libs.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
whaaa,
Except for being stupid its already illegal for the rest to own or possess any type of firearm. Certain classes of misdemeanors are already unable to pass the NICS test.

Zindo

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
whaaa,
Except for being stupid its already illegal for the rest to own or possess any type of firearm. Certain classes of misdemeanors are already unable to pass the NICS test.

Zindo

I know... I guess I should have written "enforce" in huge caps.

Do you know anyone that shouldn't own guns? I know plenty. I know plenty of people that shouldn't even be allowed a driver license and they have carry permits and for some odd reason they feel it makes them a big man and they are constantly bragging about it. Those are the people that fit in my STUPID category.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
whaaa,
Yup, whats that saying by good old Forest Gump? "Stupid is as Stupid does"! Stupid people won't adhere to laws and will always do stupid stuff.. Yup Yup, I agree. I know a few who can't walk and chew gum without falling down and don't have the brains of a knat!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hey I remember the story of this poor kid.
It said his dad was actually holding the gun at the same time the kid was.
They both had hands on it, and it kicked back.
So now they say it was a 15yo boy?
Was the kid holding it on his own or what?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I can't find the entire report to see what the witnesses have said exactly. The reports we are getting here aren't specific. I guess we might have to wait to see what hapens at the arraignment!
Zindo

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I see this as good and bad. Good because those responsible for giving an 8 year old a submachinegun and letting it fly without supervision will be punished for his death. Bad becau the anti gun nuts wil be all over this as reasons why guns should be banned, cause they do that cause they are stupid.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

As a pro-firearm advocate, I am appalled at this complete show of ignorance in this incident. The police chief gives his assurance that the two men that brought the Uzi into Mass. that it was perfectly legal to do when it was NOT, and leaving a 15 year old with no official permit to be in charge of dangerous weapons is unconscionable. What ever happens to these men is justified. They have no alibi!!

www.courant.com

Here is a couple questions. Where were the parents? Why were they letting an 8 year old kid run around a gun show? I mean people we need to have some self responsibility. This nanny state need to end. You shouldnt HAVE to have people holding your hands everywhere you go. The dad should of been right there with the 8 year old holding the gun with him. I mean I feel bad for what happened and I agree they shouldnt promise professionals and give a 15 year old but damn man people need to start stepping up. Crap like this is what does give gun ownership a bad name.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

This was an Uzi pistol in .380 which is a 9mm short or Kurtz. It will dump a mag of 30 rnds in less than 2 seconds. I have heard that the dad was standing close by, like behind a safety barrier and the 15 year old was within one ft of the child. You realy can't have two people hold this weapon at the same time, Its just too small. In Mass. its illegal for anyone under age 21 to even touch a pistol from what I can gather. There where more laws broken and stupidity shown here that I can fathom.

Zindo

top topics

join