Earth Losing its magnetic field, 2012? Maybe

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was watching television (discovery channel) and there was a special (2008) about how the earth is losing its magnetic field slowly by slowly but its losing it for sure, they dont know how to reverse it. So I looked up another link on it... news.bbc.co.uk... and that article is about what they knew of it in 2003....

It brought me to a question... Since they are predicting that the rate of decay or rather the rate of reversal will increase faster then they exspect it might be somewhere in the range of 2012 and THAT is a very interesting thing because off all the prohecys that are exspected to come to pass and things such as major earthquakes affecting our planet... and also global warming... not coming from CO2 and greenhouse gases but as the magnetic field deflects certain particles from the sun and as it decreases... the earth gets hotter... heat like in a ballon causes things to expand ...thus causing tectonic shifting and thus causing earthquakes. TO ME IT ALL ADDS UP... What do yall think?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It adds up for me too, but I keep get flamed and my posts removed or locked for saying it....

Like the sun have apperantly lost its heliosphere, I read about it on a couple of sites, and web-bot say it has been gone for a few months.
As a person,I have not seen it with my own eyes, so It's hard to say it is absolutely true.. But there is an increase in Quakes and vulcano activity.
Satelites are failing, I dont belive they are accidents, just what we are told.
I have frineds of difrent religions, and things they say is fitting with what is happening, like my muslim firend keeps saying; The shields will be taken down from around earth..... That is a refrence to the magnetosphere, it cant be any thing else...And he keeps walking around at work asking if Im ready for paradise cos the maker is coming !

I read about 20 sites a day with all kinds of news on every angels...
Things seems to add up from all these angels, maby a few years off, but it all fits....

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Earth Rolling Off its Orbit, 2012? Maybe

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
It adds up for me too, but I keep get flamed and my posts removed or locked for saying it....

There has been a giant breach in Earth's Magnetic Field of sufficient proportions to cause alterations to space physics theory:

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.

"At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."

Here's the link:

science.nasa.gov...

new topics

join