It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient findings of modern technology

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilitaryMan
There really isn't anything too obscure here.

I remember the heiroglyphs one was actually debunked if I recall correctly.

Ancient tribes would try to alter their children's skull which is easy to do at a young age. This has been a proven fact, unfortunately.

I think if an advanced race was visiting these ancient people, there would be more evidence.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by MilitaryMan]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by MilitaryMan]

That's not true. There are those who would like you to believe that you could increase your skull's size by simply shaping it, but that just doesn't happen. No matter how much you try to 'shape' your skull, you would always end up with the same skull mass. The alien skulls are at least twice as massive as a normal human size skull.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
the aeroplane thing i think could have maybe meant to have been an insect not a plane.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Isthis a joke? utter nonsense. Those so called egyptian eiroglyphs, besides the explanation that ive already given- - you see those things because they eexist -its no different here. infact that JPG you linked to, you have to really lok at it to make yourself see those things, they dont just stick out, and if someone was looking at them and they WERENT TOLD in advance what thy are supposed to see, like you are doing now, they wouldnt see it either! this is pure crap!

unless you believe the ancient egyptians could predict the future then it is a logical fallacy to base ancient writings on the perceptions of modern man because such was not created from that perception! its called real science, learn it, and instead of ooihn and aahing at thephotos, why dontt you bother learning what they REALLY mean

members.tripod.com...
www.catchpenny.org...

and if you bothered reading up youd realize that many ancient cultres did mold and shape the skulls of their young when they were very young, so finding deofmred skulls is not at all suprising. howveer when it comes to skulls their are alot of fakes out their, and the skull you have their, is FAKE
there was another thread on here already where someone found the original and it was shown

evidence doesnt seem to be something you look for. what your doing is no more acurate then people seeing pictures in the clouds or images of the version mary on a tortilla no better not at all

Dear Naval, I'm sorry you are literally dropping feces in your pants. I'll amplify the thought that I saw that picture for the first time awhile ago and instantly went "Wow look at those contraptions". Even if it's because they exist today it's odd that they'd all sit in that region of the hieroglyphs.

P.S. Stop embarrassing yourself you look like an absolute idiot with no conception of knowledge but only stupidity.

P.S.S I didn't once say they predicted the future.

-Psycho

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

The thing is, that photo is very unconvincing. There's no shot to even compare it's size or mass. You had me looking at a photo that could easily be a compressed skull from the back.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

me embarassing myself? hahaha no, in the arena of knowledge you are the ones being embrassed. You, who look at every anomaly that YOU cant understand, or ever photo that your mind forms its perception on based on what YOU know, and you shout ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!

The rest of the academic world fully has explained thesre things, without alien

but you and therest of the mob find everything you can, and as a result of your lack of understanding, you want to shout alien, and you utterly hate it when reason rains on your parade.

your not trying to learn, your merely trying to find anything you can to meet your pre concluded notions of reality, which is the problem with the UFO field over all.

that is why this field is considerd fringe, and those who study it nuts, because of this kind of crap. No. it is you who are embarrassed, not me.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MilitaryMan

That skull is a hoax, and was debunked on another thread here on ATS with the person showing the original. I am still trying to find it

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Maybe the OP should have re-titled the thread to Ancient resemblances of modern technology, that might make the broken record play a different song.

Ok so according to our local expert, the only reason why we see these familiar things in ancient glyphs are because those things exsist today, and is why we recognize them.

That could be seen as a valid explanation....for US today.

Now...care to elaborate as to HOW those ancients managed to carve out glyphs of things that only exsist in OUR time..and not THEIR time...which was what....oh lets see..Seti built the Abydos temple when...he ruled Egypt for about 15 or 20 years from 1291 to 1274 BC. Thats what..about 3000 years ago, give or take?

There are several studies on this glyph plate with the helicopter. A good one I have found is HERE, where computer CAD was used to analyze the glyphs. The page contains overlays of the CAD analysis on top of the glyphs with conclusions on each.

The notion that the ancient Egyptians who carved out these glyphs were able to look into the future may not be the whole answer. I think they were either referencing to "The First Time", or perhaps were given visions through spiritual influence, much like how many early Christian prophets were given visions of the future and documented what they saw in writting.

If that is the case, that they were given visions of the future, which is highly possible and not "utter nonsense" since its possible for early Christian prophets to be given visions by God, then these glyphs very well can be authentic and do show what does exsist today, tho they were carved into those slabs over 3000 years ago.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

So the RF burns explanation? they had a spiritual vision. Give me a break. Now your getting into hard core BS, relying on super natural explanations to fill the gap where the premise of this thread doesnt fit,. Instead of accepting the rational and scientififc explanations that have come forth, and the analsysis /debunking that has been done, you have to create a super natural event to make it work, which reduces its credbility even further. Even furtherso when you have to use xtianity to try and make sense of it all.
Thats just the point that I am trying to make, the anient egyptians did not mean it to be a helicopter. the numerous glyphs on this wall, including the overlays, have borne out a translation that flows along and make sense as also presented in analysis, as people seem to forget that heiroglyphs had MEANINGS, they werent just pictures the egyptian did for the hell of it, but it was writing, and the maning of those glyphs have been established and have nothing to do with aliens or what have you.

I wonder if thats how its going to be in the future, as cited in the statue of liberty example..if we ever get a warp drive engine and it resembles the statue of liberties torch, will their be those that say we had alien help, or that we saw the future? lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
hmmm I think the most interesting finding is the golden spirals, and the golden plane, it'd be pretty hard to debunk perfectly made creations of only .003 mm in size. (We can't even make those today.)

Also to add we cannot recreate pyramids which is pretty amazing considering the modern technology we use today compared to ancient technology.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Umm yes we can build pyramids. I have never heard anyone say we couldnt. Infact if we were to build replicas of egyptian oyramids ours would probabaly be better.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitaryMan
reply to post by Leto

The thing is, that photo is very unconvincing. There's no shot to even compare it's size or mass. You had me looking at a photo that could easily be a compressed skull from the back.

Which skull are you referring to? I posted links to many skulls. These skulls are available in museums, you can actually go see them in person if you wanted to.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Umm yes we can build pyramids. I have never heard anyone say we couldnt. Infact if we were to build replicas of egyptian oyramids ours would probabaly be better.

To rebuild an Egyptian pyramid would be technically impossible with our modern technology.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Actually no one knows exactly how the pyramids were built, there are so many different theories on how they were built and each theory contradicts the other theories. If you read a bit more about the pyramids I think you will be surprised by how amazingly complex they are.

Here's a video of scientist Nassim Haramein claiming that we cannot build the great pyramids today:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
ancient extraterrestials

Many of these findings are being discussed here.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A lot of this has been discussed to the dirt on ATS.

The explanation for the shapes of the glyphs is that one set were written over the other, as has already been mentioned.

The plane is part of a series of artifacts, some resemble planes, some resemble insects, several resemble flying fish.
Which is the general explanation, that the items are stylized representations of insects and flying fish.

As for the oddly shaped skulls... human skulls come in a large number of shapes and sizes, and the deformities that occur today also occurred back in history.
Other skulls have been shaped, for one reason or another the ancients would bind and shape some of their children's heads, forming a general conical appearance.
Other cultures, like the tribe in Africa, will stretch their necks, or ear lobes, or lips.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
As for the oddly shaped skulls... human skulls come in a large number of shapes and sizes, and the deformities that occur today also occurred back in history.
Other skulls have been shaped, for one reason or another the ancients would bind and shape some of their children's heads, forming a general conical appearance.
Other cultures, like the tribe in Africa, will stretch their necks, or ear lobes, or lips.

No matter how you shape your skull, you will always end up with the same amount of mass. These skulls however are twice the mass of a normal human skull. No deformity or shaping can account for that.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

The original skull, in and of itself, resembles somebody suffering from Progeria.
As for deformities, there are people and animals born without parts of their bodies, or extra appendages. Deformities very much CAN account for missing mass to a skull.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Leto

The original skull, in and of itself, resembles somebody suffering from Progeria.
As for deformities, there are people and animals born without parts of their bodies, or extra appendages. Deformities very much CAN account for missing mass to a skull.

I'm no expert in progeria cases so correct me if I'm wrong but don't most progeria sufferers die around the age of 10? They seem to be very little, and their skull doesn't seem larger than an average adult human skull.

The original skull (s300.photobucket.com... ) you are referring to is however twice the size of the average adult human skull. I don't think that's progeria.

Here's a video about progeria:
www.youtube.com...

To give you an idea of how important skull size is, in taxonomy if you find a humanoid skull whose mass differential is at least 200cc, that warrants a new species tag. This skull you are referring to has a brain capacity that is 1150cc to 1750cc larger than an average adult human. THat's huge.

[edit on 7-12-2008 by Leto]

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ah, missed the size, have a site with the information?

... ten thousand years ago. The man of the future, with the big brain, the small teeth.... He lived in Africa. His brain was bigger than your brain. His face was straight and small, almost a child’s face. When the skull is studied in projection and ratios computed, we find that these fossil South African folk, generally called “Boskop” or “Boskopoids” after the site of first discovery, have the amazing cranium-to-face ratio of almost five to one. In Europeans it is about three to one. This figure is a marked indication of the degree to which face size had been “modernized” and subordinated to brain growth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Did a little digging and sounds like it may be a Boskop skull. Havn't been able to pull a picture of a skull yet though. Might not be, of course.

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

Did a search for causes of enlarged skulls, most of it has to do with brain swelling.
Hydrocephalus especially, if the affected person is young, can cause the skull itself become misshapen.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Ah, missed the size, have a site with the information?

... ten thousand years ago. The man of the future, with the big brain, the small teeth.... He lived in Africa. His brain was bigger than your brain. His face was straight and small, almost a child’s face. When the skull is studied in projection and ratios computed, we find that these fossil South African folk, generally called “Boskop” or “Boskopoids” after the site of first discovery, have the amazing cranium-to-face ratio of almost five to one. In Europeans it is about three to one. This figure is a marked indication of the degree to which face size had been “modernized” and subordinated to brain growth.

en.wikipedia.org...

Did a little digging and sounds like it may be a Boskop skull. Havn't been able to pull a picture of a skull yet though. Might not be, of course.

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

Did a search for causes of enlarged skulls, most of it has to do with brain swelling.
Hydrocephalus especially, if the affected person is young, can cause the skull itself become misshapen.
en.wikipedia.org...

Different skull. The skull in the OP is even larger, it was discovered by Robert Connolly in 1995. You can find it in this summary article, it is referred to as the 'j type skull' towards the end of the article :
www.world-mysteries.com...

As for the boskup skulls, you can see a comparison photo here:
www.squidoo.com...

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Leto]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join