It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA & IBM building a “global brain” “cognitive computer” for “monitoring people”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Video shows the lead researcher in DARPA's "SyNAPSE" program describe it as a "global brain" with "trillions" of global sensors monitoring every aspect of the earth incluing "people" and their "homes". They seek to reverse engineer the human brain and then go beyond.

IBM is developing DARPA's "SyNAPSE" cogntivive computer program. Dharmendra Modha is IBM's lead researcher. His blog entry

Official data:
DARPA BAA
www-03.ibm.com...

See also:
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Its very clear where all this is heading.........straight to "1984" we go

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I hate this guy.... It was corporates like IBM Who made electronic tagging system for the death camps for the nazis.
This goes to show how IBM are still using there method of "money first, Humans Later" way of thinking, upholding the shares and profits

f%#$ the lil guy(s)

Global Enslavement Has a nice ring to it anyway.......

[edit on 11-12-2008 by forshow]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
An observation I made on the unusual monetary award granted for this research: 4,879,333. In numerology (I'm not a big fan of it, btw.), these numbers break down to 10. Just curious that the money given is related to ones and zeros-the language of binary code.

That aside; if a "global brain" were ever developed (and the researchers seem confident that it will be), SYNAPSE will inevitably become "self-aware" at some point. This could be a good or a bad thing. Since human beings are the most destructive force on the planet, SYNAPSE may develop a will to go along with it's input capacity.

Skynet anyone?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why should the likes of IBM not push the boundaries? It's thinking like that which has got us the tech we have today.

Advancements have to be made, and this is the next step in thinking.

I see nothing wrong with this whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Nice find man....that is very scary skynet system

*shivers*

it will all end in tears!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I believe a system similar to SyNAPSE is currently operational (Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned). I assume this system uses DARPA as a conduit to expand its capabilities within society while maintaining plausible deniability of its operation. I assume ECHELON serves a similar purpose.

Here is something concerning IBM and the evolution of computing which relates to SyNAPSE: Synchronicity:1981 and 2011.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by tmk81]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by celticniall

Why should the likes of IBM not push the boundaries? It's thinking like that which has got us the tech we have today. Advancements have to be made, and this is the next step in thinking.

Tell that to the families of the many millions of people who were exterminated in the Nazi Death camps, due to the efforts of IBM in tracking the Jews and other "undesirables"(Hitler's term, not mine), and then keeping track of how many they killed. Read the book "IBM and the Holocaust" by Edwin Black. You'll see WHY IBM should NOT be allowed to "advance the boundaries of technology".

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall
Why should the likes of IBM not push the boundaries? It's thinking like that which has got us the tech we have today.

Advancements have to be made, and this is the next step in thinking.

I see nothing wrong with this whatsoever.

Nothing wrong with creating a global god-like military cognitive computer designed to monitor us in our "homes"? Right on.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I saw something on the 6 o 'clock news here about DARPA!, it was about that other telepathic study for the military, with this combines makes an interesting future

On the program they also said of all the projects of DARPA 90% failed, of the 10 % of the projects that did succeed, we should be gratefull of..the internet..

But i hope this is all for the better... i wonder if this system then also likes lucy in the sky with diamonds?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Foppezao]

top topics

join