It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You, Could You, Kill A Person ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Some people end up in the position that they need to take a life to save their own or need to delete a person to save others. Some need to take a life due to a sworn duty or a cause they believe is important enough to kill others.

But could you do it ???

I was reading this on CNN:

Nusreta Sivac watched ordinary people become killers while imprisoned in a concentration camp in Bosnia.

She saw prisoners beaten beyond recognition and watched camp guards force a Muslim prisoner to rape a Muslim woman in front of everyone.

She was shocked to see people she knew running the camp. "They acted as if they had never seen me before," she said. "It was difficult for me to understand how people could turn into beasts overnight."

www.cnn.com...

Sadly, I've witnessed normal people turn into a mob and start to kill.
And I'm betting most of you would kill under certain circumstances......

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
what most people dont relise is that when you kill somone their dead, their not coming back ever
there is no reset button or save feature to go back before they died, like on your xbox
thats why i get so angry when i see kids spouting "i wish so and so was dead" "i would kill so and so if i had the chance" , what they fail to see is when they are dead, thats it their gone forever never to come back

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I think this is one of those questions that could only be answered if you found yourself in a situation where you had to make that choice.
I have been in such a situation, literally weapon in hand.
I chose not to, despite my strong feelings to the contrary.
It wasn't worth the consequences that would ensue to my life and my families lives after the fact.
That doesn't mean were I faced with another scenario, I wouldn't make a different choice. I made the correct one ,at the time.
Personally, I'd rather beat the crap outta somebody first.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i think i could if it was for the right reasons..not just to pick some random person to waste but if i was trying to protect myself or my family i think i could do it no problem.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I absolutely could. I never, ever want to, but I could.

If somebody put me in a position where I was forced to protect my daughter or wife, I would absolutely kill to save them.

I'd kill or be killed anyway.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Anyone could kill under undefined "certain circumstances", but I know that given reason I wouldn't have much difficulty killing someone, be it a home invasion, hijacking or anything else along those lines. If I or someone else is in danger, I'm not going to hesitate no mob required.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Its a horrible thought, and i guess one id like to say no to.... but if it meant saving my family, then id have to.... id never be the same again though

six

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Absolutley. If me or my family / friends were threatened in such a manner that left no other choice, I would with out hesitation, and sleep well afterwards. I will give whom ever every opportunity to rethink their actions, and if they dont, well.... it was their choice to continue on.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

If somebody put me in a position where I was forced to protect my daughter or wife, I would absolutely kill to save them.

You said daughter before wife, and I understand that. I'd protect a child for the reason they have a full life to live, longer than the parent.
Plus we have an instinct to save the kids first.

Triage training tells you to take the worst first, but sometimes you need to let some go to save what's viable. And youth wins over old every time.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
We are all animals.. we would all kill.

Some on different levels would be drawn into it, but in the end.. we are all capable, and if given the right circumstance.. willing.

:bash:

Yep.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
In the right circumstances I would say yes!!! as much as I don't like saying it, but I know I could if placed in the right/unfortunate situation!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I could, easily, take someone out.
I've been preparing and practicing for years.

If TSHTF stay out of my way!

new topics

top topics

join