It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCANDAL! Undercover video shows Planned Parenthood hiding rape of 13-year-old girl

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This video shows a Planned Parenthood nurse helping a 13 year old girl hide a rape and shows her how to cross Indiana state lines to escape state laws and obtain an abortion.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

This is not new or isolated.
I've heard of this kind of stuff since the mid-90's.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is pretty much par for the course for Planned Parenthood.

It should be noted that the girl was a college student and she was not raped.

Because there was no actual crime, only an implied one, the nurse cannot be prosecuted.

This does strike me as odd, insofar as people are prosecuted for having illegal interactions with children on the internet, when in fact no children were involved.

I guess it varies from state to state.

[edit on 2008/12/4 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

It's not about the rape in and of itself. It is not about legalities of "covering up". It is about the ethical principals (or lack thereof) of the employee in question.

So, this isn't so much about PP, as it is about that one particular worker.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hmm....well I'm kind of on the fence here. The girl was pretty clear that she didn't want anything to happen legally, and I feel that's her prerogative. The Planned Parenthood woman did have a legal obligation to report it, but I can't say I think she did anything wrong by not doing so.

And I wouldn't call this a "cover-up". That's just sensational.

I don't know...

[edit on 12/4/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And it's hard to be sympathetic when clearly this was all a setup, trying to 'get' something on planned parenthood anyway that they can.

Why is it that the same people who don't want the government in their lives, want to stick their noses into other people's lives?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
planned barrenhood are

child abusers

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The point that this video should bring out is, how much of this was an individual thing and how much of this goes on every single day in PPA clinics?

Are they skirting around notification laws by pretending not to see or hear something?

Are they truly interested in the woman's well-being, or are they just interested in getting another abortion performed?

What laws might they be breaking?

And finally, would you want them counseling your child?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The point that this video should bring out is, how much of this was an individual thing and how much of this goes on every single day in PPA clinics?

I dont think you'll ever get an answer to that. Unless you can somehow get administration to admit it or maybe multiple versions of this 'sting' at PP's across the nation.

As it stands the evidence just shows one employee behaving illegally.

Whatever happened with the whole "will you accept a donation to abort black babies?" thing? Was that a PP policy or just one employee?

I think it takes a 'special' kind of person to make a living doing abortions which would make the entire industry a little suspect to me but that just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok. What do you mean with "help covering up a rape" ? Where is the rape? The definition of rape is
1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.

There was no force involved.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
(A)I didn't know planned parenthood was supposed to be the police.
(B)If the girl was actually 13, which she's not, where in the hell would her parents be in all of this.

This is just the tried and true gotcha journalism. Heck if she filled out some forms, falsifying them to keep up the 13 year old ruse, wouldn't that be breaking the law?

I agree it's pretty effed that the planned parenthood nurse would do that, but Bloomington Indiana is a fairly liberal accepting community. They have an anachist book store and plenty of other stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

First of all, not all planned parenthood's are going around doing such things. I myself visited several, they were very good to me, and I felt very comfortable, no strange questions, nothing suspicious.

This is a case of a particular employee(s).

PP is not what it's being made out to be.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's all about harm reduction. The nurse acted in the girls intrest. The crime was commited already, you can't reverse that and that's not her job. She maybe should have asked the girl what is it she wanted and then help her. But to draw attention to her case would have been wrong. The girl is free to go to the police or tell her parents. If she feels old enough to have sex, she'd be old enough to make that deciscion. She decided to take this course. And in this case it's all a setup. I wonder what a 13 year old would realy do? Talk to somebody she knows first? But surely not run to a perfect stranger working for public departement. This is a poor case of a set-up. The criminals here are clearly just attention seeking film producers out of college.

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
And it's hard to be sympathetic when clearly this was all a setup, trying to 'get' something on planned parenthood anyway that they can.

Why is it that the same people who don't want the government in their lives, want to stick their noses into other people's lives?

I totally agree these are the same people who complain about they want small government but then turn around and want the government to tell people how to live their lives and make their decisions for them and their family.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by UScitizen

Originally posted by UScitizen

I totally agree these are the same people who complain about they want small government but then turn around and want the government to tell people how to live their lives and make their decisions for them and their family.

Which is why I am against the Freedom Of Choice Act. It does away with parental notification.

If that's not big brother sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, I don't know what is.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   

"Are they interested in the woman's well-being"??? You have to be kidding right?

If anything, this shows that the nurse is nothing more than a empathetic human being, trying to help a woman do what the woman wants for herself...

It truly does smell like a sensationalist setup towards PP. I applaud the nurse for helping the woman, as the nurse could have been in a sympathetic situation where she thought that worse could happen to the girl had she not gotten the abortion.

And please don't go ethics when it comes to free choice. Society, ie. you and I, have NO RIGHT telling others how to handle unintended pregnancy... NO RIGHT.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Planned Parenthood states they want to act in the best interest of the person who visits them, however it also appears to be a blatant disregard for the law. Perhaps it would be best to at least explain to these youths the illegal condition that they are in and coach them to change towards legal status prior to providing advice/assistance.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Remember, this is NOT a 13-year-old girl and there WAS NO RAPE!

Great article!

FOX news report

Excellent question! Bravo!

Are they truly interested in the woman's well-being, or are they just interested in getting another abortion performed?

Yeah, cause they make millions of dollars from abortions!

If my child didn't feel she could come to me, you damn bet'cha I'd want someone who cares about her helping her out to get what she wanted safely. It's someplace young women can go and be heard.

There's a big difference between right and wrong and legal and illegal.

It happens that 13-year-old girls get pregnant and can't/won't tell their parents for fear of retribution. They need SOMEWHERE to go. They go to Planned Parenthood. If PP were to call Child Protective Services and their parents, there would be NO place for these girls to go.

If a person is old enough to get pregnant, she's old enough to decide whether or not she wants to keep it.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hadn't realized this hadn't been covered yet, it helps to study in print:

Planned Parenthood Caught Covering Up Statutory Rape

In 2005 a Cincinnati, a Planned Parenthood clinic was sued for failing to report the rape of a 14-year-old girl. The same clinic was sued again two years later for failing to report a case of incest.

The staffer acknowledged this was a case of statutory rape but made her an appointment to get birth control and failed to report the crime.

More at the link www.foxnews.com , just highlighting these.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Are they skirting around notification laws by pretending not to see or hear something?

What laws might they be breaking?

Well, considering that out of services provided by PP, abortion only makes up about 3%, I highly doubt that she was just "interested in getting another abortion performed".

I got the impression that, given the fact that there was nothing that happened that was against anyones will, according to the girl, the nurse was only trying to do what would be in her best interest.

Being forced to have a child at the age of 13 is not in any young woman's best interest, imo.

Hopefully, my daughter will trust me enough to come to me and tell me if something like this would ever happen to her, but some kids can't talk to their parents. I would not have ever been able to go to my parents if I had ever gotten pregnant as a teen.

I have only experienced PP as a neutral place to go, where your right to either end a pregnancy or continue it is respected, either way. I would feel very comfortable with my daughter being counseled by their staff.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join