It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its A CALENDAR!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Call this a rant or whatever you want but it has to be said.
The Mayans were stargazers. They made calendars that predicted ASTRONOMICAL EVENTS. Much like your calendar tells you when the moon will be full. There calendar December 21st 2012 is the galactic alignment and it has happened before. The world did not end. It is a natural astronomical event. It #ing happens all the time in the 4 billion or whatever amount of years earth has been around. The earth did not explode we were not sucked in gravity is still here and we are fine

Stop with the 2012 bull#.

The galactic alignment is sometimes associated with the end of the ancient Maya calendar in 2012. However, this alignment already happened[citation needed] and is not related to the known Maya astronomy. Based on this misconception, many apocalypse scenarios are constructed, most notably the version advocated by ZetaTalk.

en.wikipedia.org...

I had a lot of other sources but due to computer trouble I can’t locate them give me some time to track them down. These things happen every so often we were fine.

my calendar tells me the day of the week does there tell them when the worlds gonna end? really they are that #ing special?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
www.associatedcontent.com...

www.alignment2012.com...

2012wiki.com...

i have more but honestly i don't care i done my research i know what coming. you can do the same or you can resign yourself to looking like an ass in 2013.

try to find me evidence that the world is gonna end. i will admit defeat and get my coffin ready. if you cant then i guess i win

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i agree with you, but you're downplaying the issue. it's like saying diamond is just a rock, a bullet is just lead, and an std is just a few unwanted cells.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What do you think is gonna happen??I agree it might be a big thing but what do you think will really happen??

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I can guarantee you the 2012 discussion will not subside until after that moment has passed. In fact you'll hear more and more about it over the next 4 years.

Just a few days ago on a Sydney radio station (at 5:30pm for the drive home), they devoted an entire show to end of the world discussion - one of the main topics was 2012.

www.abc.net.au...

You'll meet people who make their living by living in the future (think futurist/weather/fashion forecaster); peek into the techno future beyond 2.0; and find out about THE END OF THE WORLD. How long have we got? And what's going to get us in the end?

Again, we're still 4 years away. If you're sick of it now, just wait.

[edit on 4/12/08 by Evasius]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

i believe nothing will happen. it will be jsut like the 2000 fiasco. it will be a lot of hype and then nothing. i just hope people will have the decency to admit defeat and not move onto a secret scribble located to the left of the calendar which really meant it would be in 2024.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Just to be fair, I think your overstateing what these pro-2012 apocolypse are actually saying. In most of the threads and research i have done on this sill topic most seem to state that it's not the actual Planet thats going to end, but more to the point our civilization as we know it.

So even though I agree with the fact that nothing will actually happen in 2012, I do believe your mixing up what they are saying. Most call it the end of us...or our current way of life.....not our actual planet being destroyed.

But I do agree that this thing is mostly hype, about the only deaths is see being accounted to 2012 will be the hundereds that end up commiting suicide over belief of this said event occuring.

Heavens gate anyone?

except on a grander scale in my opinion and that is truely sad to say the least.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

yes i think there will be mass suicides. and riots and alot of stupid people doing stupid things. nothing is gonna happen but because of people who strongly beleive there could be problems.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think 2012 will create, by nothing happening, a new syndrome, perhaps the 2WS. 2012 Withdrawal Syndrome.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I'm with you, IMO it's december 31st to us. As far as the end of world and biblical prophecy, i don't by that or a "changing of times" they were great at stars and planet reading.

Last time i asked i got an echo and ignored. so i'll try again. Other than star and planet movement someone please tell me a prediction they made that came true?

12/13/12 will be like Jan 1.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Disclaimer..... - Forced reply occasioning from the misfortune of being in chat at the same time as the good Mr. Tesla... (That's not as much of a privilege as some might think)

In my honest opion 2012 is a very and hugely significant date in human history, a date that will, and dare I say it - already has, vastly altered the course we are destined to take. Take, as an example, the time spent reading this and all other related text on the subject..... and then directly compare that with the amount of time you could of spent in perusing a fell relationship with a person of the opposite gender to your self, a person who's sexual organs are diametrically opposite to your own if you will. A relationship that blossoms and develops into co-dependency - actual sex, and then probably small children - which would be nice.

The reason I say this would be nice is simple, if every one gets down to it rught now we could bring so many little minds into the world by 2012... We have about 4 years before the great 2012.

IF WE ALL TRY TOGETHER WE CAN HAVE A WHOLE GENERATION OF TODDLERS.... to witness the carnage and destruction that will probably, defiantly almost not even be interesting enough to tear your attention from the dog mess your little billy has on the end of a stick, chasing Milly in that age old child courtship ritual.

2012 is the year when we all die - cos if we don't then well I don't know what I might do - might take the dog for a walk I suppose.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

The galactic alignment is sometimes associated with the end of the ancient Maya calendar in 2012. However, this alignment already happened[citation needed] and is not related to the known Maya astronomy.

I thought your original posting, the profanity-laced diatribe, was your reading for a possible role in Goodwill Hunting 2. But you made me laugh out loud with "citation needed"...citation needed indeed. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

so your saying that if nothing happens things already happened therefore it has worked?

done did and confused myslef.

new topics

top topics

join