It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PPA offers gift certificates for abortion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Imagine getting one of these as a birthdy gift. How ironic...

I've heard everything now...

What do you get the person who has everything—except adequate health insurance? If you live in Indiana, consider this offering from the state's Planned Parenthood affiliate: gift certificates in $25 increments.

The vouchers, available online and at 35 clinics statewide, can be used for health services or contraceptives. And yes, they can be used to pay for abortions.

www.chicagotribune.com...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by jsobecky]

[edit on 4-12-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Your thread title is a little too sensational, don't you think? Before reading your OP, I expected something along the lines of a gift certificate with "$XXX.XX--redeemable for one abortion!" stamped across it. Not quite the case here, as the gift certificates seem to be for sundry health services.

I think you ought to change your thread title to be a bit more forthcoming. But good on you for choosing a title that will most certainly draw visitors

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

I tried using the title from the article with a small addition, but the title was truncated making it senseless. Note the two edits.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm pro-choice, but this is a bit much. I'm not sure what to think, are they encouraging unsafe sex, or abortion? Saying that it's OK? It's not necessarily OK IMO. And I can see the Christians getting really mad about this and it seems kind of malicious of Planned Parenthood to throw it in people's faces, I doubt they actually thought anyone was going to buy them.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't think anyone understands that move. Even the Daily Show was cracking on how ridiculous it was.

new topics

top topics

join