It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haramein's unified theory flawed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm no expert so I may be barking up the wrong tree.

I need help from someone who is familiar with Nassim Haramein and our solar system. In his theory he says that the solar system may not be spinning stationary but actually travelling through space time in a spiral.

Have I explianed myself correctly? Put a CD over your finger so your finger is horizontal. The solar system is the CD and the tip of your finger is the sun, now spin the CD and move the finger through space... hope this helps you visualise it.

However if the planets do not orbit perfectly perpendicular to each other, which they don't (Venus and Uranus, knowledge newly aquired from Phage tonight, thankyou, sir) then doesn't this mean that some planets will be moving erraticly compared to the rest? They surely would move back on themselves and be slowing down and speeding up.

I'm so sorry if this is confucious maximus, I'm terrible at explaining the simplest of things, let alone this crazy s***.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what you mean by erratic movements of some of the planets. But that part of Nassim Harameins doesn't conflict with mainstream science as I understand it. The planets orbit the sun and the whole solar system moves up and down in the milky way. I think it's usually referred to as wobbling and one wobble takes tens of thousands of years (I seem to remember it's about 26.000 years but that may be wrong.)

But given these mechanics each planet can be seen as moving in a spiral, though the spiral obviously wouldn't be getting smaller or the the planets would crash into the sun and probably each other.

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

He kind of says the solar system is on a journey moving 'forwards' through space time. I just thought that if venus et al wasn't on a perpendicular axis it wouldn't conform with the rest of the movement and mess up the theory.

I'm interested in these wobbles though, I will read more.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well I guess that by moving forwards through space time he is referring to the expansion of the universe and that everything is, presumably, moving away from the point of the big bang.

Incidentally the wobbling of our solar system is about to bring us into alignment with the equatorial plane of the Milky Way. This will happen in 2012 and it's one of the reasons (among many, many others) that this year has gotten so much hype.

new topics

top topics

join