It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient city discovered deep in Amazonian rainforest linked to the legendary white-skinned Cloud Peo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Ancient city discovered deep in Amazonian rainforest linked to the legendary white-skinned Cloud People of Peru

www.dailymail.co.uk

A lost city discovered deep in the Amazon rainforest could unlock the secrets of a legendary tribe.

Little is known about the Cloud People of Peru, an ancient, white-skinned civilisation wiped out by disease and war in the 16th century.

But now archaeologists have uncovered a fortified citadel in a remote mountainous area of Peru known for its isolated natural beauty.

An ancient Chachapoyas village located close to the area where the lost city was found

It is thought this settlement may finally help historians unlock the secrets of the 'white warriors of the clouds'.

The tribe had white skin and blonde hair - features which intrigue historians, as there is no known European ancestry in the region, where most inhabitants are darker skinned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of this tribe? I know many people here are well versed in ancient civilizations. I would be interested in anyone's ideas on the origins of this group, I am sure they are breaking some norms of anthropology!

Could this be realted to the alien thing at all?
If anyone has any insights, please do fill us in on this mystery.....

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What's the implication? That the Cloud People were extraterrestrially seeded or were themselves ETs? I find that doubtful, as I would expect ETs to encode their seed DNA to be highly resistant to disease, and ET's themselves to be able to defend themselves against aggression. Just my 2 cents on the ET angle. Still, that doesn't make this find any less significant. Thanks for sharing it!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
sorry already a thread going here
LINKY

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ATS has a policy which allows two threads on the same topic to remain open as long as one of the threads is in the Breaking Alternative News forum.

Carry on please...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good post.

I searched the web after I read this to find out more about the Cloud People.

It's so interesting to consider a blond haired fair skinned people living in South America.

How did they get there.

Did some ancient sailors get blown off course?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well pragmatically speaking, blown off course would be my first guess...however, natives would normally intermarry with newcomers, historically speaking.

Seems they retained their physical characteristics and guarded them quite jealousy....Nordics??????????

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
They're probably one of the tribes described in the the Book of Mormon that inhabited the Americas alongside the indians that supposedly originated from Israel... =).

I'm not a Mormon, but they believe white skinned peoples migrated to the Americas from Israel, and brought their beliefs with them, thus why they believe that Christ appeared to them too.

The tribe's inherantly segregated practices would coincide with ancient Israel's practice to remain free from the nations...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Perhaps the colony responsible for tending Solomon’s mines? Many may have decided to stay on even after Israel’s power waned.

We know that Viking explorers were in N America very early on. Why not S America?

new topics

top topics

join