It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants and how some are dealing with it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

"One day when the crime, drugs, and other things illegals bring gets out of control, the country will finally wake up and see that we are doing ourselves no good by promoting criminal behavior."

I appreciate your lesson on Illegal Immigration 101, but it is not required.

I was referring to the quote above who seems to believe illegals are the reasons for it.,

I, like you, know otherwise.

Thank you just the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Mindless.

No, I didn't watch the video, this word came to mind through just reading some of the responses on this thread.

Americans do not "own" the land. Britain does not "own" the UK.
No Human on Earth should be able to tell another Human where they can go or where they cannot in regard to migration. Every land on this planet belongs to every living thing on it.

This immigration issue is a social one and not one of borders.

Crime is committed by people of every nationality and every race, bar none. To state that "It's those darn immigrants" causing problems is insanely simplistic to say the least.

We have an immigration problem in the U.K, and the BNP would have you believe that they are the root cause of every ailment in the U.K too.
But they neglect to report the extreme teenage pregnancy rate, the binge drinkers and brawlers sapping funds through policing our towns and cities on fri/sat nights, the burden on the NHS for both, the "young, white, male" yobbish behavior seen across our county (and the rest of Europe) day in, day out.

And they also conveniently forget to consider where these people come from; countries where we are draining resources, engaging in military conflicts without consideration for the civilians living there, lowering living standards or simply ignoring the wars and genocide we always swore we would prevent.

They also forget to mention a very obvious and important fact; they are willing do the jobs we are too "superior" to do.

Ultimately, apart from all the ridiculous headlines you read, the scare-mongering and propaganda, what do immigrants (illegal or otherwise) do to you directly, personally?
You'd still be paying the taxes you are, life would be no different (a lot harder if those people all suddenly vanished from your service industry).

I see a lot of knee-jerk, predictable responses from people who really don't seem to think for themselves about this or even understand what they are discussing.

It's disappointing to say the least.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Its nice to say that we should have no boarders on this earth, but the type of world we live in is the type where if there was no walls and free migration then there would be mass deaths and chaos, because people just dont get along, people want power, its nice to think of a world where were all holding hands but it is what it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well when martial law happens and the police come to your house make sure to tell them that your on their side and you dont believe in the constitution and they should leave you alone

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here is a political cartoon that seems appropriate for this thread:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

All I can add is touche'.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
reply to post by nh_ee

Oh and my ancestors came here and created freedom, they created this great country, and yes they needed to put up walls in order to protect it. Oh and guess what, Native americans, arnt really native americans, For one, there was no such thing as america when they were here it was land, the americans came, named the land then named them selves, and for two, according to the bible, god didnt create native americans, so I guess they had to immagrate to the land too.

LOL they created freedom, yet you and I and everyone in the US and the World are slaves to the system.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Technically, unless your from Africa, everyone is an immigrant.

What a lot of people don't know is that the Navajo Nation, one of the largest if not the largest Native American community,has only been here about 500 years. not much longer. They emigrated from Canada.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

This was staged. It was part of some show on cable last year or in 2006 . I dont know what the show was called, but funny. this is not real guy's

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

For one, there was no such thing as america when they were here it was land, the americans came, named the land then named them selves, and for two, according to the bible, god didnt create native americans, so I guess they had to immagrate to the land too.

So...the Americans came and they named the land....okay....
Unless your ancestors were Italian and Spanish. because, as I imagine that you already now, America (the WHOLE BIG CONTINENT) was named by an Italian sailor.

And...what does the Bible have to do with this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join