It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Nostradamus Quatrain about Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I saw this one on the net and I didn't see it posted, so here it goes:

The great empire will be torn from limb,
The all-powerful one for more than four hundred years:
Great power given to the dark one from slaves come,
The Aryana will not be satisfied thereby.

WASHINGTON DC - USA - Scholars for the Smithsonian Institute have uncovered new interpretations that may relate to Barack Obama, the Illinois senator vying to become the next US president.

Professor Eugene Randell, Deputy Director of the Smithsonian Institution Archives has released information pertaining to the up and coming US elections.

The Institute which holds some very rare Nostradamus manuscripts, believes that some of the quatrains written by the 16th century soothsayer are very close to describing the fight for the White House that is happening now.

"We have the only existing fourth edition of Nostradamus' book Les Propheties (The Prophecies). There were thought to be only three editions published in 1558, this new edition is from 1559 and includes 20 more quatrains which have never been revealed before -- that is, until now," Professor Randell said from the archive office on Tuesday.

www.dailysquib.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
From what I have read elsewhere this Quatrain appears to be an invented Hoax. Just FYI.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Makes me wonder? Remember the fraudulent prophetic 9/11 Quatrain that mysteriously appeared soon after the attacks ?!

Also, Slaves, the word itself originated from Slavs, the eastern Europeans that the Vikings pillaged for their silver holdings and held them as ....Slaves.

Hence, the correlation of Slaves with Africans didn't yet exist. As far as 15th century Europeans were concerned. Slaves existed of every ethnicity, you merely had to be a prisoner of war.

We should research this Quatrain for it's authenticity in an existing Nostradamus text.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Maybe its possible that Nostradamus saw so much of the future world (seeing as theres a chance a man in 16th-Century France may not be aware of the African ethnicity), that he foresaw the slave trade and was aware of the fate of so many Africans and their descendants?

And also saw the first President of the USA who also happened to be partly the same ethnicity as those slaves, and therefore drew a cryptic correlation between seeing Obama making a mess and the fact that maybe members of his family in the past were captured and taken as slaves?
Just a thought I had.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i planned on strolling in here laughing at the OP making fun of people that believed and then silently leaving. instead i offer you this

good day to you sir

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Posted this a couple of days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Same deal

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why does anyone put any merrit in any of this. Has there ever been one prediction of Nastrodamus that was used to predict anything ever? Show me one before something happens that turns out to be right and I will believe, a little. Until then, this man is 0 for a whole bunch.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
hm... I'm no expert but this does seem like awfully convenient timing and an unusually precise verse, I seem to remember Nostradamus as being a lot more cryptic and convoluted.

I'm not really buying it, but it will be interesting to follow...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Again hoax. Just do a quick google

Search results

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dodecahedral
I saw this one on the net and I didn't see it posted, so here it goes:

The great empire will be torn from limb,
The all-powerful one for more than four hundred years:
Great power given to the dark one from slaves come,
The Aryana will not be satisfied thereby.

the last recognized 'empire' in the modern era was the Ottoman Empire
so, the USA should not be considered... even if the USA tore itself away from the British Empire in the 1770s... there is no connection to USA

All powerful for 400 years?
The USA did not become atomic-then-nuclear until the 1940s
that's hardly near a 400 year old power

great 'power' to the 'dark one'...from slaves come.
the term 'dark one' does not specifically mean dark skinned, the 'dark' might mean Sinister or Diabolical.
'from slaves come' - as another poster said, most every group of mankind was held in bondage sometime in history, i.e.; slaves

just what id 'ArayanA', sounds like a female name...
besides the quatrain is missing the one element that is typical for Nostradamus... a cryptic misspelling or other anagram type of message... everything identified is pretty well clear cut in this quatrain.

there's no Hister for Hitler
there's no twisted rearrangement of Napoleon either
there's no Mabus, which is the type of cryptic confusion he's always sown

i give the pretend prose 3 thumbs down

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I aint calling you wrong yet as urbanlegend and snopes haven't got this one but I did find this link and it appears to be true so far...

Nostradamus Answers

top topics

join