It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many threads on same topic, can they not be rolled into one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Do we really need all these threads on Obama’s citizenship? Is there no way they can be rolled into one? there are way to many and many more keep coming. Here is just a few (there are plenty more)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regardless of what way you swing on this issue, you have to admit it’s a big much. Is there no way to control this? Or roll them all into 1 thread, or stop new ones?

Mikey

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We can encourage people to use the search function. We can have faith in the mods that when they come across duplicate threads they will close them and redirect traffic.

Other than that there is really nothing we can do.

Unless you want to front the cash for the hardware to handle that kind of automatic process. Not to mention that by doing so, you would unknowingly be eliminating threads that may be entirely different for containing the same phrasing or wording.

I think it works the way it is.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Of the twenty threads you list 6, 7, 8, 12, 14 and 15 (respectively) have been closed by mods and commenters redirected to
The Definitive "Birth Certificate" Thread

The others, on a quick glance, all seem to be approaching it from (slightly) different angles. While some of these surely could have been posted in an existing 'Obama's BC' thread, they don't technically break the rules. The mods seem to be on the case, so it is probably best to ignore them or customize your Recent Posts page to omit the political stuff until this blows over or is all (eventually) relegated to one omnibus Big-thread, like the one I linked above.

Regards.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I agree that each one brings a different perspective.

second line.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think there have been a lot of threads on this very same topic.
Interrrestiiinnng.......

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537We can have faith in the mods that when they come across duplicate threads they will close them and redirect traffic.

Really? There seem to be a couple of forums where this doesn't seem to be the case here lately. In one case today, the thread was IDENTICAL.

Diluting information is annoying. Posting in a thread only to go to followup and finding yourself in a duplicate thread is annoying. I know that mods are busy, but with membership up this problem is also up. In addition, they don't seem to be responding to alerts.

Maybe we need more mods if the ones we have can't handle it or don't see the distinctions or the problem..

top topics

join