It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil falls below 43$ a barrel today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wow this is pretty big news. The price of a barrel of oil has fallen by over 100$ a barrel in just a few months.

What does this mean for oil producing countries?

What does this mean for the rest of the world?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

hopefully It Means Their Grip On Americas Neck Will Loosen.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well I can tell you that here in the UK we haven't seen such a fall.... Infact, I have heard that its going up again. (Most likley because of another dumb UK law/Tax)

And.... I heard a while ago that OPEC countries are taking a stand at this news after pumping out extra millions of barrels a day, by decreasing the supply in order to get the demand back up.

So I would expect the price to rise again....

Its a real pain, as to be honest, the "shortage" is unfounded and lacks evidence.
Its all a sham.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Kliskey]

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Kliskey]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

Watch out yall, Lindsey Williams told you what will happen and it is some bad bad news.

Part 1

www.youtube.com...

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

Part 3

www.youtube.com...

What he says is gonna happen is some scary sh**

[edit on 4-12-2008 by tensetek]

[edit on 4-12-2008 by tensetek]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I read on the internet that oil is on it's way down to $20.00 a barrell. I wish I had the link to it.....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Steep economic depression. Most major construction has halted.. No Dubai Land any time soon....

Steep economic deflation .. as the price of oil drops, the price of goods drop. As good prices drop, revenue and profit drop, resulting in layoffs of ever increasing size. As this occurs National Tax Revenue also steeply drops, limiting government job creation, pushing stocks lower due to increasing unemployment and lower revenue.

Up side, Dollar is rebounding as Deflation takes over Inflation.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
I read on the internet that oil is on it's way down to $20.00 a barrell. I wish I had the link to it.....

Yes Merill Lynch said this today.

All I know is, when it hits this low (if it does) I am buying energy etf's like crazy.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Opec can cut production all they want. But there's nothing they can do to prevent the coming of the Mass Camel Transit System.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I personally think that the oil companies know about something and used the money making to storage away money or use it for something very important cause something big and bad is going to happen to them or us... Who knows... I just see it as a bit questionable when they can drop from 100 to 43.... hmmmmm

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It makes me nervous to be quite honest. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and it shoots back up again.

I am not holding onto any romantic notions that it is going to stay that way, and I am very much appreciatign it every time I fill the tank.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

I agree 100%

Oil companies and $150 per barrel was definately them preparing.
Was it corporations preparing a war chest?
Or CEO's preparing a lifeline.

Either way it contributed to the economic crisis.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Horrible news for Alaska. We have been untouched by the recession but this will hurt. OUCH!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well it certianly wont help things much by having the price drop that low, but it does help with heating oil costs and fuel costs. I rather like the prices now, early 1990's rates. It just means I can fill up my 72 Roadrunner's tank for less than 20 bucks again and drive it more than the stupid 4cyl tot box I had to drive when prices were over 4 bucks a gal.

Sure feels good roaming the streets once again with raw MOPAR 575 horses rumbling at my command.

I would start taking advantage of the drop in price and start storing some fuel folks. Do it before that price gets jacked up again and your gonna wish you had.

Prices of food stuffs has also dropped, start stocking up on that too, dry goods, canned goods, non-perishables, gallon jugs and fill them with water. Hit hardware stores for solar pannels, rechargable batteries, LED flashlights and light assemblies, even find yourself a good deal on a portable generator..preferably 4 stroke.

It very well may be that these oil companies are trying to send the message that they prepared, now its your turn..so take advantage of it while you can!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I'd like to see the govt give the auto industry $50 billion to start producing electric or some other non gas operated car within one year. They need to be as efficient as possible and people should be allowed to trade in their car for whatever version of new cars they come up. The production of gas running cars needs to stop immediately (buy a used car if you really need one). As for the middle east, they can put all their money into solar energy and end the drilling. The govt's worldwide need to be on the same page, let the NWO take care of that.

That should take care of the oil issue, just my personal solution.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
Wow this is pretty big news. The price of a barrel of oil has fallen by over 100$ a barrel in just a few months.

Main line metal prices have already fallen this year more than they did during the 1929-1933 period. (percentage wise)

Do the math.

JK

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Today: Oil May Fall Below $25 Next Year, Merrill Lynch Says

Six weeks ago: Oil Heading for $150 a Barrel, Gold for $1500 an Ounce - Merrill

When oil soars...it's the greedy speculators...when it dives...no mention? I find this a bit interesting since speculation amplifies trends, both up, and down...profit being the only incentive. There's also the effects of ongoing fund liquidation to consider.

Anyway, to underscore Merrill's $25-bbl PO....there is currently a pretty heavy position in puts @ strike $30 oil.

Have to admit...I was one of those initially caught-off-gaurd by the radical drubbing in crude

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
Today: Oil May Fall Below $25 Next Year, Merrill Lynch Says

Six weeks ago: Oil Heading for $150 a Barrel, Gold for $1500 an Ounce - Merrill

When oil soars...it's the greedy speculators...when it dives...no mention? I find this a bit interesting since speculation amplifies trends, both up, and down...profit being the only incentive. There's also the effects of ongoing fund liquidation to consider.

Anyway, to underscore Merrill's $25-bbl PO....there is currently a pretty heavy position in puts @ strike $30 oil.

Have to admit...I was one of those initially caught-off-gaurd by the radical drubbing in crude

Never, ever, trust reports like this.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by leo123]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
Never, ever, trust reports like this.

Never, ever, trade reports like this

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

the government warned the the Auto Industry to raise awareness in California, but they said nobody was interested ..... lol... yeah....

Oil has a purpose in the ground that nobody really thought about... now that its polluting the world and we all rely on it for gas... who cares?? 8- |

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Most of the gasoline burned in vehicles comes from natrual gas condensate, not crude. Diesel and kerosine does come from crude, as does plastics, synthetics, lubricants and certian medical chemicals and other things.

In any case, take advantage of the low cost now while you can. It doesnt make much sense to squabble about the reasons why while the price remains low. You might miss the boat and wham..the price is back up there at 4+ per gal.

If you dont move..you loose.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join