It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: incident reported in New Delhi's Main Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

BREAKING: incident reported in New Delhi's Main Airport

www.foxnews.com

LONDON — The British Broadcasting Corp. is reporting that six gunmen have been shot and killed by Indian security forces at New Delhi's main international airport.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-12-2008 by turbokid]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
not to much info on this yet. more news coming as it comes in.

The report on the BBC Web site Thursday was attributed to airport officials.

Airports in India went on high alert Thursday following fresh warnings of attacks as officials said India suspects two senior leaders of a banned Pakistani militant group orchestrated last week's deadly siege in Mumbai.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
fix your typo

BREAKING

thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
caught it already..

thanks

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I posted this ten minutes ago and a mod moved it to the terrorism forum.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
FALSE FLAG!!! No doubt about it. This is something Islamic freedom fighters would never do so soon. They would wait for the defenders to be complacent before attacking again, not so soon after all that attention in Mumbai and high alert. No doubt the CIA wants to make sure that war will happen between India and Pakistan by launching another attack so soon to increase the anger and hatred by the Indians against Pakistanis.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
fox news just said that this is a false alarm, it was just a minor incident at the airport. nobody killed.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hrmm.. Skeptical at this point.

IBN hasn't posted anything on their site, we will see what happens.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

I dont know about that

CBC is covering the story

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
this is the only update i could find..

LONDON — The British Broadcasting Corp. is reporting that six gunmen have been shot and killed by Indian security forces at New Delhi's main international airport.

The report on the BBC Web site Thursday was attributed to airport officials.

But New Delhi police disputed the report, claiming it was a minor incident.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Breibart reporting it as a false alarm as well.

Breibart

"We have combed the airport inch by inch and we have found nothing. The same is for the domestic airport. Nothing has happened," said K. R. Singh, an official at the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) airport control room.

The CISF is the paramilitary unit responsible for airport security.

"All our men are still searching but have found nothing. We have no incident," he added, rejecting unconfirmed media reports of a shooting incident at Indira Gandhi International Airport.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
got this from BBC

The police force in charge of security at Delhi's main airport has denied reports that people have been shot and injured there.

Police are investigating "two sharp sounds that were heard at the airport", the force told the BBC's Delhi bureau.

Earlier, airport officials told the BBC shots had been fired, and that several gunmen had been killed or injured.

news.bbc.co.uk...

seems someone heard a loud noise and jumped the gun.

edit: i cant type

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It really shouldn't be that hard to identify...

I mean, either 6 people were shot or they weren't. Seriously, the wire services shouldn't have that much trouble getting it right.

It was just sent as a breaking news bulletin here in Australia during a morning news program. They are quoting in the news here that indeed 6 men have been shot attempting to hijack a plane.

Why so many conflicting reports?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
NDTV24/7 is running updates in a banner.

3 rounds of firing at airport. Shots fired from a white ambassador's car. Car is being traced by security forces. Security is trying to asses the nature of the firing.

So something is going on, though what or how much is unclear.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well it's confirmed, False Alarm.
It's understandable people are in a heightened state of fear since Mumbai can't blame them for being scared.

Op can you edit the title to reflect this new information please?

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
got this update on fox.. nobody knows whats going on.

The sound of gunfire sparked a security scare at New Delhi's international airport, which went under high alert Thursday before reportedly returning to normal.

Reuters reported the Indira Gandhi airport returned to normal after the British Broadcasting Corp. earlier reported as many assix gunmen were shot and killed by Indian security forces.

The Indian NDTV channel reported that it was two sharp sounds that caused the scare, according to Reuters. A police sweep through the terminal found nothing.

Sky News reported Indian police say it was a "minor incident" at airport. Airports in India went on high alert Thursday following fresh attack warnings as officials said India suspects two senior leaders of a banned Pakistani militant group orchestrated the deadly Mumbai attacks.

Airport tells Fox News there were shootings, wouldn't give more details, say it's all over.

Per Sky News Indian police say this was a "minor incident" at airport.

There is no confirmation at this point of the BBC report of six gunmen being shot is correct.

BBC is no longer reporting six gunmen were shot.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
According to what the TV banners show, this is still being investigated by the NSG Commandos. I'm sure if anyone had been killed, as the headline suggests, there would be more on this.

Something is going on, though it may all just end up as nerves.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It May well be that somemthing is going on,looks as if there is a real push to get India and Pakistan at war,perhaps the ptb are suppressing the information for fear that the public will demand an action, that most certainly will lead to war,lets see where this goes....

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Something about this just makes me wonder if a cover up is going on regards to this. Something obviously happened. Shots definitely reported.

My gut feeling is cover up, but of what I don't know. I wonder who were shot. Pakistani ISI? The missing guys from Mumbai? Aliens?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Mike, I have no idea. The NDTV24/7 is now going full steam on this. If there's a cover up, then there's a lot of work ahead to do it.

There's some thought that it may have been "normal" criminal activity.

But the reporters are being told that there was "random firing" by one or more people in a car, which then sped off. It doesn't seem that anyone was targeted or hit, and the "gunmen" seem to have been less "enthusiastic" than the earlier attacks.

Here's the link where I am getting my information.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join