It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the poles shift, is it all over?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seek4 truth

The Bible is purely a replica, out of older Sumerian, Egyptian stories.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kukulcangod
reply to post by seek4 truth

The Bible is purely a replica, out of older Sumerian, Egyptian stories.

Thank you, yes and the bible is a very poor replica at that, I strongly believe it was done on purpose so that it would create a bunch of idiots... to be used by their descendants in the future. In other words they were smart enough to plan ahead. But let me guess, somebody is going to show me some furry looking guy and say see he was not smart enough to plan ahead, people were always stupid up until know.

The truth is we are far from the the smartest there ever was on this subject, we are about the dumbest.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by seek4 truth]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
when the poles shift,the actual earth won't do a 180 spin. It'll be the magnetic poles. Compasses will go a bit funny,and north won't be north anymore,but we're not about to go on a merry-go-round ride. The worse that can happen in this situation,is the magnetic shield that we have,which protects us from most of the suns radiation,will be shot. And we'll all fry. Stock up on factor 40.000 and you should be fine.

But that's a worse case,they don't really know what'll happen IF the poles shift properly.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by Acidtastic]

Our protection from solar radiation comes from our atmosphere.
The magnetosphere does not do much to protect us from solar radiation.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
First of all, you proved what I said right

You said

These things happen a lot more often than people want to admit, they happen like clock work.

To say something happens like clockwork means it happens at regular, more or less equal intervals. As I pointed out, polar geomagnetic reversal (what the OP called 'pole shift', and what you meant by 'these things') is not regular, it occurs at random, and the last time it occurred was not six thousand but nearly eight hundred thousand years ago.

If you regard that as proving you right, your standards of proof are a little eccentric, to say the least.

You also said

the last time caused the great flood 6000 years ago, it was more than a great flood

As I pointed out, there is no geological evidence of a worldwide flood six thousand years ago or at any other time. Most countries experience devastating floods at one time or another. But there wasn't even a great worldwide flood, let alone something 'more than a great flood'.

A chart, oh, now im convinced all of ancient history was wrong because some moron made a chart about a time he didnt live in, thanks, how stupid of me.

'Some moron made a chart'. Would you be so kind as to share with us the unique, incontrovertible sources of knowledge which so convince you that the chart is wrong, and its drafter a moron? The chart is supported by the facts of geology, a reasonably well-advanced science. What is your challenge to it based on? Your opinion? That of Madame Blavatsky or Immanuel Velikovsky, or some other charlatan? Or were you, perchance, alive in those times? Or do you have a little one-man time machine tucked away in your basement? A spirit guide, perhaps? A direct line (charges reversed, of course) to the Almighty?

Or could you - just could you - be belching clouds of unmitigated blue guff into the atmosphere?

You seem to be very unaware of how the earth really works.

Instruct me, O Wise One. Preach unto me the gospel of True Geology and cleanse my brain of this scientific piffle!

By the way, you might want to start by reading what the OP asked...

I did. There will be no tsunamis a thousand feet high, no earthquakes or any other catastrophe. They are chimeras of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

When a poleshift occurs you wont concern yourself with electrical lines

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Astyanax, besides being right, you've also got a great sense of humour.
whoever mentioned the number 23.....they made a scary movie about it.. you would it. or is that where you got your paranoid delusions from in the first place? By the way... 2 plus 3 is 5 which is the fifth letter (E) and if you turn that on its side its W the 23rd letter, which is an upside M which is the 13th letter and just as insignificant. Numerology is interesting though...
Have you people ever noticed that the doomsday scenerios particular playing the 2012 song all involve sciences like paleontology, astronomy, quantum mechanics, geology, etc, all of which are not easily understood by the average gullable idiot watching too much youtube?! The mayan calendar does not end, and the mayans did not predict an armegeddon, but you can't find out for yourselves cause you don't have the schooling it takes to be able to do so. We are millions of years away from crossing the galactic plane, but you don't know this because your backyard telescope can't tell you this. You can't find out that there was no flood 6000 years ago because you can't go there and look. The sun will pass through a dark area between sagitarius and scorpio, like it does every year.. it's why they are SUN SIGNS. since you can't discover the truths yourselves, is why they make excellent theories to sell books with.
Also, I'd like you all to look up the difference between astroNOMY, astroLOGY, and astroPHYSICS
Just because something ALINES in astroLOGY does not mean it's in it, or ontop or underneath it in astroNOMY.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
When The Poles Shift, Is It All Over?
[edit on 4-12-2008 by KIRKSTERUK]

Yes. There is a difference between a magnetic reversal and a pole shift. You cant put them together into the same theory as most people do because they are not even related. A Pole Shift means the entire crust of Earth will slide across the mantle. Which will create an astronomical amount of mahem. Mountains will be created in a blink of an eye.

Magnetic reversal is the reversal of the electro magnetic field. This will open Earth to some cosmic radiation, but it wont be a huge catastrophe.

But if a pole shift happens we are all going to die. Though a pole shift is completely theoretical.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

when the poles shift,the actual earth won't do a 180 spin. It'll be the magnetic poles. Compasses will go a bit funny,and north won't be north anymore,but we're not about to go on a merry-go-round ride. The worse that can happen in this situation,is the magnetic shield that we have,which protects us from most of the suns radiation,will be shot. And we'll all fry. Stock up on factor 40.000 and you should be fine.

But that's a worse case,they don't really know what'll happen IF the poles shift properly.

another thing to keep in mind is that all the liquid metals within our planet.. which are now polarized to the magnetic field's current orientation...
are going to want to re-orient themselves to the new orientation's positions.

in otherwords.. the magnetic shift happens.. the crust follows..
however strong or gentle.. i dunno.

-

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Scientist are not ONLY talking about magnetic poles shifting, NASA also calculating with the possibility that the actual axle will change, which has also happened before. This was discovered in the late 90`s by NASA, when it seems like all solar systems have a HUGE giant planet coming by after it`s long cycle around that certain solar system, and then the actual axles change. Seems to be a natural phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Nothing bad is going to happen. Humans have lived more than 780,000 years ago science has proven this, the last time we had a pole swap was 780,000 years ago. We are still here.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kukulcangod

I'd like to see you try to source that claim.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join