It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is near, will we respond in time???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
America, and in fact the world, as we know it is coming to an end… soon. To some of you, this may sound like an alarmist statement, but I intend to provide you with a few possible scenarios based on my observations so that you might contemplate this idea for yourselves. I have no intent to prove this statement, nor to suggest a course of action. My purpose is to inform and to inspire you all to think creatively and assess the situation we face for yourselves.
So, that said… here is what I see:

The economy is failing, and for the last year, our economy has been in a state of recession, while our government has denied this fact. Inflation has increased, and seems to be beyond the point of withdrawing. Millions of Americans have lost their homes, due to inability to pay their mortgages, and even after a 700 billion dollar bail out plan to help those still in danger, millions more are still poised to find themselves downsizing their quality of life. Terror attacks are on the rise worldwide, and will only increase as more groups find themselves enraged at the further decline of our ability as a worldwide community to live the quality of life we feel we deserve. The stock markets of every nation have become extremely volatile and seem to be on a downward spiral. The worldwide population is increasing at such a rate that our resources cannot ever hope to meet the needs of every individual living, and is evidenced by the increasing numbers of poverty stricken families, homeless, and starving citizens everywhere. Disease is on the rise, and healthcare is becoming more and more difficult to obtain. The amount of credit outweighs the amount of printed money in every country worldwide, and this can never be undone…

So... is there a solution to these problems? The answer to that question will vary depending on whom you ask, and the degree of honesty in which they respond. Here are three possible solutions to the problems, but are by no means all solutions available:

Reduction of world population

Elimination of credit

Dissolution or transformation of existing governing bodies

With each possible solution, we find a plethora of both positive, and negative consequences, as well as a multitude of possible means to implement each solution. I am not going to cover this in any detail, and am instead only going to start the ball rolling. I invite you, the reader to expand upon this work, and to take up the challenge of envisioning our future as citizens of Earth, and of uniting to solve this problem. So, let us begin:

The reduction of world population will certainly reduce the strain on world resources, and is in my opinion the most likely first step toward solving the global collapse I see as imminent. There are many ways this can occur, whether it be purposeful by our governments, or it be the consequence of violence caused by war, famine, disease, or terrorist activity. In what ways could the government reduce world population? In what manner might massive famine, war, or disease be able to so dramatically reduce the population that our economies might begin to truly recover? How far might terrorists be capable and willing to go, that the result might be drastic population reduction worldwide, sufficient to greatly reduce the tremendous strain on our world’s resources? What other possible scenarios and consequences thereof could improve our worldwide situation, and while frightening and dramatic to say the least, might save many of us from the changes to come that may surely mean an end to all that we have come to know and love… the world we have worked so hard to build?

Now… it is up to us. If we don’t devote ourselves to this, and take the time to work together and brainstorm, and then to decide on a course of action if one is warranted and discovered, do we even deserve this life that may so soon be stripped of us?

Please, fellow citizens: answer the call.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DamionVincentBlack

Please just go out and buy up all the duck tape and MRE's and leave the rest of us alone ok?

Enough with we're all gonna die theads.. find something productive to do instead of spreading more fear.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I understand that many people are weary of doom and gloom scenario posts. I do not understand the "let's ignore it and hope it goes away" mentality. Duct tape is not The Force, and MRE's run out eventually. I am seeking intelligent thought from those with a real desire to avert this catastrophe. I am not seeking commentary from those that wish to sit back and ride this train to hell. We are a creative, industrious species with intelligence and ingenuity, and together, this can be avoided. I believe that. The only thing that makes our society powerless in the face of this all is the refusal to organize and overcome.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Population control sounds good,i would think someone as yourself would gladly stand in line to achieve such a feat? Or is it all the poor people in Africa that should go first? Out of sight out of mind i guess

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think that population control would be pretty, and I also don't think there would be any such voluntary population reduction... In the event that this course is pursued by our government, we wouldn't even know it. The most likely way it would be achieved in that case is through the deliberate release of engineered viral pathogens, and would either be declared an accident, or would be blamed on terrorism. Remember, survival is the strongest human instinct, and this holds true for the organizations and governments created by humanity, to include the government that leads us. Our own taxes could one day be used against us in an attempt by our government to survive.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by DamionVincentBlack]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DamionVincentBlack

And what part of the NWO do you represent?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Saying that population growth is outpacing our resources is totally bogus.

First of all, technology allows us to do more work with less resources every day. Buckminster Fuller coined a term for this force: ephemeralization.

Ephemeralization allowed our population to grow to its current size. Technology was THE limiting factor that was holding our population down.

There are PLENTY of resources out there, enough such that we are all unwittingly billionaires. The problem is that a small minority of greedy people own almost all the resources!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't represent any part of any thing. I am a father that is concerned for the world his children will be raised in, and i feel a responsibility as such to do all that I can to insure their safety and happiness.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by k-string

yes, and that is exactly what I meant when I referred to populations outgrowing available resources... the lack of availability, not of resources.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well then the problem is resource distribution, not population. Population control shouldn't even cross anyone's mind; resource distribution (read: taking back resources from the pathologically greedy) should.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by k-string]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
REPLY to K:

can I get a link for that?

top topics

join