It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is closer than people realize.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
Nostradamus predicted the world will fall into total chaos following a breakdown of the worlds financial system.

That might not be as astute as you might think. As finicky of a creature as the average person is... Total chaos would ensue if you took their reality shows away from them. Or thier drive thru windows at McDs.

The world seems to be waiting for the reason to explode.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
the thing is, all this preparedness stuff if pretty pointless seeing as A) we have no idea what to prepare for B)we don't know if we're preparing for anything at all and C) any advantage gained by having a good selection of supplies is canceled out by the attractiveness they would hold for others.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
The super rich are just clearing their books and rearranging the furniture. They lust for money and comfort. They will finish consolidating later in 2009 and watch everything become rosy once again.

What say you quote Nostradamus right here so I can see what you are talking about?

I think you may be right.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

The world will not end. All the prophesies say civilization will end as we know it. As far as your sit x to prepare for, it will be all of them. When the poles start shifting faster it will cause massive earthquakes, storms, flooding, and volcanic eruptions. That will open up for all of your sit x's.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

The state of the economy is a perfect reason for chaos to "explode" as you put it. Look at what happened at the wal-mart in New York.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

If you are preparing, and have all of your supplies, and tell all your neighbors about them then you deserve to lose them. That is part of the being prepared aspect of survival. Not telling everyone what you have, and being ready to disappear at a moments notice. It don't hurt to tell people here, because i don't know you from Jim Bob down the street, and i doubt anyone else does either. Just don't tell your neighbors!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

I'm of the opinion that a great time of change is near and I'm inclined to think that the transition will not be an easy one for many. I can only live each moment to the fullest and follow my heart as to the right choices. I do have some water and food set aside. I don't however believe in building a fortress and worrying about the future. I do my best not to live in fear albeit my death is on my mind at times (wondering how etc.) I'm older and have lived an exciting and good life so I suppose it's easier for me in some ways. It's not that I don't care it's just that I have a feeling that things will come out in the wash for me. I say for me ...not everyone else. I do feel all of the reality I witness every day such as global warming and the course that humanity is taking is all a natural course and is not new in any sense of the word. Yes economic collapse, war and global cataclysm are all on the menu what else is new? Good luck!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
nostradamus....if i had the rest of the history of the world for my "predictions" to be interpreted as true i'd probably get some right too.

Whenever I hear about how scared people are of 2012 or the current financial crisis or things that are really only relevant to US citizens I wonder if they've ever heard of World War II.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by borachon]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well, wether we are crazy to perpare or not, I got my palace in the woods waiting for me. If it's gonna atract anything, I hope it's the right kind of survivors before the leetches find it....... More guns to hold the leetches off with!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
the thing is, all this preparedness stuff if pretty pointless seeing as A) we have no idea what to prepare for B)we don't know if we're preparing for anything at all and C) any advantage gained by having a good selection of supplies is canceled out by the attractiveness they would hold for others.

I disagree entirely! Did you not prepare for tests in school even though you did not know the questions? Did you not prepare in athletics without knowing the gameplan of your opponents?

You have almost answered your own question amongst your 3 points... prepare for anything and everything; it is far better to be prepared than unprepared, even if for the wrong thing and; the advantage gained by being prepared will be kept because you are prepared for the fact that others will covet your supplies. Get it?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by borachon
nostradamus....if i had the rest of the history of the world for my "predictions" to be interpreted as true i'd probably get some right too.

Whenever I hear about how scared people are of 2012 or the current financial crisis or things that are really only relevant to US citizens I wonder if they've ever heard of World War II.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by borachon]

Only relevant to the U.S.? Man, you are blind then. The markets in Asia and Europe are fluctuating also. They are very much affected by our economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
okay guys, in order for everything to break down to the extent where survival supplies are required then, i would assume, at least 85% of the population dead. if you are in a population centre the chance of you being dead already is 90-95%, and if you are one of the 5% left, supplies are not likely to be an issue. there would be enough survival supplies for everyone to be covered 10 times over in your average population centre.

if you are in the country, you probably already have all the survival supplies you'll ever need lying around for hobby use. also, country people are more likely to know anyone and everyone within walking distance, they would be partners, not rivals, in a survival situation. besides, the breakdown of civilisation wouldn't really effect rural areas so much, loss of power is the biggest issue.

EDIT: in saying that, i still know the skills required, because it's fun, and i feel a knife, a fishing line and hooks, three e-strings, 3 butaine lighters, combat pants, a warm coat and some strong boots has me covered.

[edit on 5/12/08 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

i said or

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by borachon

I know, but there isn't much of anything that could be a major event that would happen in the U.S. that wouldn't eventually affect the rest of the world. Everything has a residual effect, regardless of what it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Not all chaos will be spawned by the distruction of 85% of the population.

And if I am one of the one's going in the first few moments... There'll be an olive drab bag next to the door... Got everything you need... But If I get too paranoid... It might by trapped...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

i think i'ld give it a miss unless it had directions to that palace you mentioned, if i thought it did, i'll be sure to poke it with a really long stick a few times before i approach.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Or get some sucker to poke it for you
Just make sure you keep them in your weapon sights.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

my knife doesn't have any sights, guess i'll be the sucker doing the poking

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Poke the sucker with your knife
That will also give you some cover, but still be able to see what's going on.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Youve got a palace? Its going to be tough keeping the chandeliers lit without power. But good planning is good planning.

As to the whole 85% of the urban population being wiped out. I could actually see that happening. Notice that most who post in this forum dont live in cities or are trying to get out of them, might be something to that.

The 85% isnt a concern to me, they are the sheeple, they really arent alive in my mind anyways. Just go through the motions, whine when they dont get a raise and turn on the newest episode of Survivor at night.

The 15% who do make it would concern me greatly if I lived near a major metro area. Once death and chaos reign in the cities, these people are coming to a rural town near you. They have allready proven survivors, have any weapons available, have blood on their hands, and have probably massed into functioning gangs of some sort. This is certainly something worth preparing for.

As to what to prepare for and why. Get ready for anything, or you will be prepared for nothing. I truely hope and pray that all of my labor and time spent preparing for the worst winds up a waste of time, but one never knows. I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join