It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lately i have been consumed with the thought of my death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
and it is really freaking me out.
i have been thinking about it non stop. wondering how it will happen and when. hoping that it is not a long and painful death.
i watched my father erode away from liver cancer and my step father has leukemia so i am getting to see that monster too.

what can i do.?
i don't want to die but i know i am going to.
does anyone else have these thoughts?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hey of course people wonder of how they will die. I also watched my parent die from cancer and it was so vivid. All in all I wouldnt worry about it as some people say if you are afraid to die you are already dead. Just be here in the now it works I promise.
Blessings

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

That's a tough spot to be in.

You just have to get to that place when you no longer fear or worry about death.

I went through a space of about 2 days several years ago where I was in constant fear of death. Once I really thought about it though, I realized that worrying about living was more important.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My friend, and I truly mean that, there are only 2 ways to live this life.
Either you get busy living, or you get busy dying.
Sometimes unconsciously we make one choice over the other.
You are aware of what's going on..step number one.
Now figure out how YOU want to proceed with YOUR life.
Not based on anyone else, JUST YOU, and what you want, and what makes YOU happy.
AD

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
well i'm bipolar so i don't know how much that has to do with it but it is a constant strain on me. i think/dwell on it all the time and it freaks me out.
i would like just one day where i didn't think and worry about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
well i'm bipolar so i don't know how much that has to do with it but it is a constant strain on me. i think/dwell on it all the time and it freaks me out.
i would like just one day where i didn't think and worry about it.

Have you shared this with your doctor? Perhaps a different medication would help.
Do you feel it also has to do with events in your life?

Are there other things you can do to keep busy that make the thoughts go away, and make you happy at the same time?

top topics

join