It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales up 50% in Chicago alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Gun sellers say the election of Barack Obama is helping them avoid the recession. Sales of new guns are booming - up an estimated 50 percent in the suburbs.

In Wednesday's Truth in Politics, CBS 2 Political Editor Mike Flannery reports the gun lobby spent big trying to defeat Obama this year, outraged by his promise to reinstate a ban on military-style assault weapons. On talk radio, he was denounced as a "gun grabber." Now, as Obama heads to the White House, millions are rushing to reload.

Interesting article from CBS

Get ready while you still can.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I would love to see a stat. regarding the number of first time gun buyers lumped into this spike in sales. I know many existing gun owners are merely stocking up on Semi Auto rifles that Barry might ban. I have been stocking up on high cap. magazines.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yes I think its the uncertainty of future laws.
That could be introduced by the new President and his people.
No doubt he will do even worse things.
Take away more freedoms.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A bunch of Chicagos suburbs have either suspended or repealed their local gun bans. One in particular, Winnetka, had a ban in place for 20 years.

You look at the sales spiking and bans all over the country being repealed and think, at least I think, people arent as stupid as I thought. But if they arent so stupid as to trick themselves into thinking any sort of ban will make them safer or that Obama isnt going to mess with the 2nd why were they stupid enough to vote for him in the first place?

It's like voting for Hitler knowing what he's about to do and then just leaving the country when he wins. Why do that?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They voted for Obama because they're worried about the economy. Not because of guns.

top topics

join