It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone notice the $1.00 stamp?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I normally wouldn't start this kind of post, but I thought it was interesting.

In my job, I came across a letter with this US stamp, in really small print it had the name of "Rockefeller" on the bottom.

The stamp is called "Wisdom" and it is full of symbolism.

Click on "view larger image" for a clearer view.

shop.usps.com...

[edit on 4-12-2008 by holywar]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What about it?

2nd line

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Where is the "Rockefeller"? I didn't see it.....

Can you point out some of the symbolisms that you see??

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There's been $1 stamps for years...along with many other denominations. You'll find them used for packages and things, larger envelopes. I don't think they are as commonly used nowadays as they once were though.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I believe that the image on that stamp is part of the Art Deco-style relief at Rockefeller Plaza in NYC (where they have the big christmas tree every year)

I'll try and find an image online to edit into this post, but I'm pretty sure about it.

Here ya go:

Source

[edit on 12/4/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks for that find, I've been around the Rockefeller building and never knew that was there, or just never noticed it.

What symbols do I see?

I see this "god of wisdom" is making a triangle shape with it's left fingers. I also see an animal (most likely an eagle" peaking behind the top of the triangle.

I see an eagle form on the bended knee. I also see some kind of form from the right shoulder but I can't really make out what it is.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar
I normally wouldn't start this kind of post, but I thought it was interesting.

In my job, I came across a letter with this US stamp, in really small print it had the name of "Rockefeller" on the bottom.

The stamp is called "Wisdom" and it is full of symbolism.

Click on "view larger image" for a clearer view.

shop.usps.com...

this is why every time my wife sees me on this site, she says, " are you on that crackhead site again?". by the way, she works for the post office and there are so many stamps out there by artists, that they are given cursory examinations for unacceptable content, and then given the go-ahead. they don't look for deep, hidden, meanings for god's sake. relax this is NOT a conspirecy.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by holywar]

woops, didn't get my response out of the "quote" marks

[edit on 4-12-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

All Masonic symbolism aside, I adore Art Deco art and architecture, and midtown Manhattan has some really fabulous stuff that never gets noticed because it's above eye level and everyone's too busy trying to push through the crowds

Here's an article on the artist, Lee Lawrie, if you're interested.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Yes, I LOVE the architecture as well, I worked in Manhattan for several years, now that I live in the south, I want to go back as a tourist.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
this is why every time my wife sees me on this site, she says, " are you on that crackhead site again?". by the way, she works for the post office and there are so many stamps out there by artists, that they are given cursory examinations for unacceptable content, and then given the go-ahead. they don't look for deep, hidden, meanings for god's sake. relax this is NOT a conspirecy.
[edit on 4-12-2008 by jimmyx]

It's not?

The OP noticed the symbolism in a stamp and brought it to our attention. As it happens, the stamp is based on a sculpture designed by a man who took a professorship at Yale University between the two world wars and during his time there radically changed his style and began producing Art Deco work with heavy Masonic symbolism, including this relief commissioned for Rockefeller Center.

Now, I'm no NWO theorist, but I think it was worth pointing out

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Actually, I believe stamp designing and collecting (and don't forget that stamps are legal tender) isn't taken all that lightly.

I like this thread, and I think symbolism is always used as hints to awake the masses.

Many of us are convinced that "they" have secret societies because they are hiding stuff from us. But I sometimes wonder if "they" aren't dying to tell us what they know, or think they know, but are afraid of being laughed out of town. ATSers should be able to understand this dilemma. So, "they" use symbolism instead of words and they put it in art, on buildings, on money, stamps, films, car logos etc. Iconic, timeless, yet misunderstood images everywhere we turn with big money and old families behind them.

Of course, they could all be wrong. But I think I get their message, and I think I know why they say it in puzzles. And I think ATSers know it too.

join