It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Clue / Possible abduction in oldest art gallery in the world.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In Tanzania , East Africa they recently found some cave art depicting what looks to be a woman being surrounded by other entities. Im not sure at what point in history the scriptures concerning the "taking the daughters of men" is supposed to be, however that was my first thought when viewing one of the photos. Another picture shows a possible bean of light and three people laying horizontaly. These were supposed to be drawn 20, 000 - 30, 00 years ago.

www.worldwidefeatures.com...

Crop circles and evidence of mysterious alien abductions may seem like a modern day phenomenom. But cave paintings found in what could be the oldest ‘art gallery’ in the world have shown that even our ancestors upto 20,000 years ago believed in life from another planet. ( kolo , ufos , aliens , cave paintings , tanzania , africa )

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Ashley_T]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
the images are not showing up

this is not the one line post you are looking for
-waves hand-

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well, maybe you should cick on the link - I think it may have something to do with copywrite.

I edited the post so you can go directly to the source.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashley_T

thanks for sharing the photos

you must be talking about this picture ?

this one really caught my eye...

looks like the creature from the movie Alien pointing towards a stargate wormhole door

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the pics

Ya - those are two of the ones I was reffering too....Interesting stuff. Not sure why I was unable to post them.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
yeah very interesting, who found them?

can't be too hard to fake a cave painting.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well considering it's historic and documented within various sources like national geographic and has had carbon dating - Im going to guess that its somewhat validated as being authentic.

everydayexplorers.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Ashley_T]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why should we immediately jump to the idea that these paintings depict encounters with aliens? There are dozens of mundane explanations for them.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Why should we immediately jump to the idea that these paintings depict encounters with aliens?

Because this is the "Aliens & UFOs" forum. The "Cave Paintings of Guys With Buckets On Their Heads" forum never really caught on. It's called "Ancient & Lost Civilizations" now.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

While it is an interesting find, nothing stands out as alien. The persons depicted could have ceremonial masks on, and the UFOs depicted are actually antelope or other animals for the hunt. (The one picture at first looks like a flying saucer, but on closer examination has a tail and a head.)
Occam's Razor: Ceremonial hunting art.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
Because this is the "Aliens & UFOs" forum.

Assuming every thing that appears strange to you to have an alien-origin, for the simple and only fact this is the "Aliens & UFOs" forum is the opposite of "denying ignorance." In fact, it is wallowing in it.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I didnt mean to wallow in ignorance. Ill try to keep that in check next time.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Hear hear. What a ridiculous explanation as to why it absolutely is depicting aliens.

"How are you sure its depicting an alien encounter?"

"Because, its in the Alien Encounter forum of course! Duh!"

Come now, is that your best attempt at critical thinking?

[edit on 12/6/2008 by prototism]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by prototism

Never heard of sarcasm?

How can people be expected to 'find the truth', dig through all the missleading and propaganda materials, read between the lines, reason what is half truth, no truth and complete truth - when they can't even detect a (faily obvious) sarcastic comment.

I bet the controllers are quaking in their boots, at the threat we 'truth seekers' pose to them eh?

My advice: Learn to read between the lines before posting a response.

spikey.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some members had asked me to comment on this because one of my areas of research is rock art, so I thought I'd chip in with what's known.

First... the set of photos is absolutly wonderful! Very few people document rock art sites -- and documentation is important since these things get wiped out by time, dust, animals, and human tourists doing graffiti. It's gratifying to see a nice set of photos, and I wish he'd shown more of the pieces he photographed.

I do wish, though, that he'd shown the unenhanced ones along with the enhanced ones. Photoshop bumped the red channels in those photos (when he did an autocorrection to make the pictures visible.)

So what's known about this rock art?

The people who did it are called the "San" (you may have heard of them under the name, "Bushmen"), who are identified as the ones who did the oldest rock art on the continent:
www.uiowa.edu...

This site is still used by the people today.

So... what we have is what's known as a "multicultural" site -- something created very long ago but that has been occasionally used throughout several thousand years (perhaps as old as 2000 BC... during the time of the building of the Great Pyramid complex at Giza, if you want a timepoint reference). www.dhushara.com... So if we have questions about interpretation, we have people whose ancestors created the art -- people that we can ask, saying "what did your ancestors tell you about this?"
www.utalii.com...

It's also a site for initiation into adulthood. Much of it appears to deal with their shamanistic trance dances:
www.utalii.com...

As you can guess by now, the art is not of an alien abduction. Recent conversations with the San indicate that it may be a healing ceremony (and yes, they do hold the arms of the person being healed.) The central figure is a woman, the two holding her appear to be men (since they generally don't wear clothing, you can tell from the male genitalia.) If you look closely at the panel (midway down here: www.dhushara.com... ) you will see that it's a much larger one than 4 figures. There's a man apparently spearing an eland (important animal to them) on the lower right with something small next to him and a larger (and apparently newer) anthropomorphic figure on the left that was also done by the San. The bigger figure may be blurring out other art.

The big "double head" image is simply the way they prefer to draw themselves. Several images show overpainting (newer art painted over older stuff) such as this one: www.worldwidefeatures.com...

Note:
You might have noticed if you checked all the links that they have a shamanistic tradition but also have a "great god/one god" tradition. The shamanistic tradition is older, but recently many family members have started to move into villages and towns and missionaries have been working to convert them to Christianity.

Anyway, the photographer took a wonderful set of pictures and I'm glad he made them available to us on the Internet. This site isn't visited often and still appears to be in good shape in spite of its age. There is one book on it by Leakey, and it's being tended as a World Cultural Center, but documenting it over time is still a very important task.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Older thread I stumbled across with other ancient drawings.
Thread

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T

And I did not mean to say that you are. You have questions, and want them answered; that is fine, and I am not criticising that one bit. Rather, I am just saying we should look for mundane explanations first; when the mundane fails, only then should we move on to supernaturalism.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I liked the one that looks like a child in a shopping cart. We now know aliens gave us not only life by mating with monkeys or other animals they also gave us Jewels & Dominics.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thank you for bringing this to our attention Ashley.
Whether it be truly a depiction of aliens or not, in each of our own perception, I'm glad it has bring such a good & thorough explanation from the likes of Byrd.

I'm also flagging & starring this, in honour of your humility, as I quote below.. (I wish I could see more of such balanced way of discussing things here in ATS)

Cheers for the thread!!!

[edit on 7/12/08 by KembaraLangit]

join