It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken little, The Sky is Falling!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So if things get bad, can you change them? You alone? Unless it is something small probably not. No single one of us can feed all the starving people, or cure all the sick, but if you look at a group of like minded people, with the same goal, you will be able to make change. It starts right here, right now. Will you ever get depressed? Almost certainly, but how long that feeling lasts is up to you and you alone. I will promise each and every one of you that if you carry around a positive attitude, others will follow. If you could change the outcome for the better of one person a day, think of how many people exponentially that could be? Like a reverse pyramid scheme with nothing to gain but a smile. And nothing to loose but a bad attitude. Enjoy today, enjoy the company of your friends and family. They can leave you in an instant, and regret sucks.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

Mike

[edit on 5-12-2008 by network dude]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know that I do the best I can. I'm there for my family and my friends when they need me. When I see a homeless person hungry on the side of the road I give them my leftovers. When I see somebody sad on a bus I strike up a conversation with them and try to make them feel better.

It might not be much, but it might be a lot to them in a time of need. I really have no money either, but I don't think twice about sharing what I have.

I may not change the entire world, but I take little steps that enable others to take their own little steps and I hope it keeps going forward from there.

Nobody's saying that you have to be happy all the time. I value my other emotions just as much, as they always teach me something about myself.

However, I will not feel guilty to indulge in the emotion of happiness once in a while.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thank You so much for that. I needed to read that wonderful story to uplift my spirits today. Things haven't been easy lately, so again,
Thank You!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Great sharing.

Many years ago I had a massive motorcycle accident and broke my back. The doctos told me I would never walk again!! In that moment I made the choice to not believe them, and instead choose to walk again... so I said to them, "You can shove that idea up your a*#e, I'm walking out of here soon."

I did, one week later I walked out of the spinal unit after declining all the offers of various surgery. I am still walking, although there have been times when my willpower has been weaker and I have had some big problems with it, but each time I just pull myself back up, choose positive and keep walking.

The message is Positive thought will produce positive effects, no matter what else happens around you.

Choose your actions in every moment so that you are never Reacting to anything, in this way you become master of You.

Be well

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
just what i needed.. thank you.

many years ago I was depressed all the time, until
one day a said to myself."pretty much no matter what happens ,I`m gonna
stay in a good mood"......
it worked........ just like that... instant results....

now having said that I still have many moments when i ponder
certain world events, and I get very very upset...I guess it is natural
to do so(considering today`s insane world).

I guess its a balance for me... more like a juggling act.....he he

stay happy...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I used to work in sales...you gotta hear a lot of noes before you get a yes. It was really easy to let the Noes get you down.

One of my sales managers told me once "If you start feeling low, lift up your eyebrows."

Try it. It's amazing, it instantly changes how you feel. I think the only way to have a frown is with a furrowed brow..get rid of the furrowed brow and no frown.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by its bologna
I used to work in sales...you gotta hear a lot of noes before you get a yes. It was really easy to let the Noes get you down.

One of my sales managers told me once "If you start feeling low, lift up your eyebrows."

Try it. It's amazing, it instantly changes how you feel. I think the only way to have a frown is with a furrowed brow..get rid of the furrowed brow and no frown.

When I did sales, one of the tricks that I did to get my employees geared up was to challenge them to get 50 no's in a week. You'd not believe how much that motivated people. It's pretty funny if you get people to focus that the negatives can actually make positive, in perception, it makes a difference.

Odd but true lol

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Wow, as if i could'nt stumble upon this at a better time, I recently just posted a thread on how i feel and kind of the out look on my life, some people suggested a couple of great books to read so i read one of the two.

Reading this exact story actually makes me re thing alot, It's not that i havn't thought about being postive before its that i havn't cared to try untill i read this.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A nice happy post...just wish he would follow this type of thing on the golf couse

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
S&F

I had to flag this to read for later. It's a type of story I'd be happy to forward onto a number of other people that need a lift, and yes, ATS needs the respite from the daily gloom.

Some interesting responses, especially the motivational sales pitch techniques.

I suppose I'll offer a smile for the thread too!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join