It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP congresswoman hangs up on Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

GOP congresswoman hangs up on Obama

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

A Florida congresswoman – convinced she was being prank-called by a Barack Obama sound-alike – hung up on the actual president-elect Wednesday.

Florida Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen was told by an aide that Obama wanted to speak with her. According to a statement released by her office, the Republican congresswoman cut off the caller, telling him she thought “this is a joke from one of the South Florida radio stations known for these pranks.” She then hung up.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think this is a classical example of "I dont believe it" !

How many of us would have reacted with the same sentiment? While the COngresswoman was not expecting the call she could have been more sophisticated and asked her office to follow up on it

Not much news but I cant really escape the irony though. GOP Congresswoman rejects call from Obama ! This really goes on to show that ordinary people cant really expect to get a call from the next Prez.

How many of us would be able to get through to Obama if we wanted to ?

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well is not surprise that this things can happen, I believe it was another case almost like it a while back but my memory fails me right now of who.

I guess next time Obama will have to send a certified messenger to tell the congresswoman the exact time and day of his next call to her.

new topics

join