It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world's most heinous crime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The world's most heinous crime

www.cnn.com

CNN found that intervention is often weighed against political and economic costs.

Declassified U.S. government documents show that while Saddam Hussein was gassing Iraqi Kurds, the U.S. opposed punishing Iraq with a trade embargo because it was cultivating Iraq as an ally against Iran and as a market for U.S. farm exports.

According to Peter Galbraith, then an idealistic Senate staffer determined to stop Hussein from committing genocide, the Reagan administration "got carried away with their own propaganda. They began to believe that Saddam Hussein could be a reliable partner."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com
i.cdn.turner.com
topics.cnn.com

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is just a small part of a catalogue of injustice and failure to act where genocide is concerned.

For the sake of SALES and political expediency, hundreds of thousands of people have died.

In the case of Saddam Hussein, it was only when his political usefullness had ended that he was "brought to justice"

A justice that was ignored as long as people were making money off him, and as long as he was usefull in his part against Iran.

Now that he has gone, we are seeing the full depth of antagonism towards Iran - there is no-one left to do the dirty work began at the turn of the last century by the now defunct British Empire, and carried on in the British/US backed coup of 1953, which as ever was about oil.

If ever anyone was in doubt that the western wars were about anything other than money, the released CIA documents will put that belief firmly to rest.

Other examples of non action and non intervention on genocide in the article include; Cambodia, Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur.

Whilst the west spouts about freedom and protection for the rest of the world, people continue to die in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, for the simple reason that the countries where genocide is still taking place have nothing to offer in economic terms and are therefore deemed to be beneath our notice.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well said.

History is clearly repeating itself with Saudia Arabia.

In 20 years time, when oil runs out and the USA is no longer under the thumb of the Royal house of El Saud... and when the industrial-military complex needs another war- we know where its going to take place.

If the neo-cons really believed in interventionism for global security, Saudi Arabia would be a dust bowl right now and Iran would be left well alone.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I guess that term "real politics" is not new to you. And it describes it all. West is not ultimate (or even predominate) good, and East is not evil. Shades of gray, shades of gray. When Saddam could be used against USSR/Iran he was good. Then he was bad. Not the first time in history, not the last one too. And not only West does it, actually the more despotic/autocratic/controlled "democracy" the regime is - doing those things is easier. Just look at pre-WW2: Hitler-Stalin enemies , fight via proxy in Spain. Hitler-Stalin friends and allies cut Poland together , Hitler - Stalin enemies, war. In democracy those games usually cost leaders their seat.
And actually current Western inner opposition - new liberals - also do the same. Darfur (and a lot of other places) where hundreds of thousands killed and starving receive much less exposure/criticism then other much less intense/cruel/bloody conflicts, but later are more easier and cost-worthy (in both senses) to criticize and achieve their own "real politics" goal.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Bravo. An eloquent expose of the mantra-like "we're fighting for peace and democracy" used by the PTB to give an air of legitimacy to their self-interested foreign escapades.

Genocide only becomes an issue when it can be used as a convenient sound-bite.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It was the US that placed Saddam Hussein in charge of Iraq, it was the US that sold Iraq weapons and chemicals to make WMD´s. Why you might ask, well for profits and control of oil. Now 30 years later the US is still trying to clean up the mess and the profit is none for the country, it is all going into few guys pockets.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is it possible the CIA wanted the Kurds gassed?

The USA supplied the instructions, the raw materials, the technology, and possibly even helped build the apparatus in Iraq to make poison gas from the ingredients they supplied. And the Black Hawks it was sprayed from came from America.

I suspect it's all about using one country to destroy another country or group before you destroy it.

Has anyone ever thought that America, while believing it is the world's big policeman, is actually being used by a more deeply hidden power in this same way?

Peeling the many layers off this onion is enough to make anyone cry.

Beware this tail of evil.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The list of countries throughout the world where despotic regimes kill thousands of their own citizens is a long one.

We are not fighting for justice, peace or anything else except money and "realpolitik"

To pretend otherwise is not only foolish, I would also maintain it is sanctioning criminal behaviour by our governments.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yes, white soldiers "intervening" in hell holes such as Sudan and Rwanda, yes I can just picture the hysteria from the liberal/left.

Bad things happen in the world, people hate other groups of people over race, religion, ethnicity whatever in Africa, Asia, Europe etc.

This will always happen

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Hi Kailassa. Despite the fact your avatar makes me feel distinctly giddy you raise some pertinent (and highly disturbing) issues. Do you have any links that provide evidence / discuss the points you raised?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing. It is important that people are made aware of these things, what kind of disgusting games and greede which really is behind the politics here in this world. And what a depressing world it is...

Thanks again, though I wish I didn't have to know these things.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

The massive oil and gas reserves in Kurdistan have been known about as an untapped source for a number of years - this is one of the main reasons why Saddam wanted to quell opposition and talk of independance in the area.

The scale of the reserves was unknown, but they knew they were potentially huge.

Did the CIA back the genocide?
Who knows - but I wouldn't be surprised.......

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

That would be one of the sickest conspiracies of all time.

But when you mention 'oil' there is a twisted logic to what you say. SURELY not?!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The problem is that the PTB use sick, twisted logic all the time.

They use surrogates to reach their own goals, and it happens regularly all over the world.

When you come right down to it, it's always about money - and at the moment (and for the last 100 years or so) money has meant oil.
The Iran coup of 1953 is one of the best examples - UK/US removed a progressive government in favour of the shah, and controlled the populace by training the SAVAK secret police in anti-insurgent and torture methods.

If you want to hear truly sick and twisted logic, the US were the ones who originally set the wheels in motion for iranian nuclear power, only to pull out in 1979 after the shah was overthrown - so they are now working on the same premise they did with saddam: "We supplied them with nuclear technology, so they must still have it and have moved it forwards"
Same as with the alleged WMD's.

They haven't even got the imagination not to try and pull the same trick over and over.

So it's not like it hasn't happened before.

[edit on 4/12/2008 by budski]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

You are bang on the money. Problem is these facts are so distasteful we don't want to admit to ourselves that our governments are so corrupt.

I suppose we bare a small portion of the blame by not protesting loudly enough against such abuses of power. Power that we gave them in the first place to act in our name, I might add.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My government cannot even defend our own borders within the UK, never mind running off to try and prevent people who hate each other half way across the world from killing each other.

Start at home please

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

This is just a small part of a catalogue of injustice and failure to act where genocide is concerned.

For the sake of SALES and political expediency, hundreds of thousands of people have died.

In the case of Saddam Hussein, it was only when his political usefullness had ended that he was "brought to justice"

The CIA put Saddam in power in the first place.

A justice that was ignored as long as people were making money off him, and as long as he was usefull in his part against Iran.

We sold weapons to both sides in the Iran/Iraq war. We sold direct battlefield intelligence to Iraq. The goal was to keep them both weakened.

Now that he has gone, we are seeing the full depth of antagonism towards Iran - there is no-one left to do the dirty work began at the turn of the last century by the now defunct British Empire, and carried on in the British/US backed coup of 1953, which as ever was about oil.

If ever anyone was in doubt that the western wars were about anything other than money, the released CIA documents will put that belief firmly to rest.

A perfect example of why the NWO must not be allowed to succeed at this point in humanity's development. The resulting corruption would overwhelm us all.

Other examples of non action and non intervention on genocide in the article include; Cambodia, Bosnia, Rwanda, Darfur.

Whilst the west spouts about freedom and protection for the rest of the world, people continue to die in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, for the simple reason that the countries where genocide is still taking place have nothing to offer in economic terms and are therefore deemed to be beneath our notice.

These examples notibly excude the carnage of US "foreign policy" in South and Central America. Washington and their CIA buddies excel at overthrowing democratically elected governments, propping up dictators, supporting death squads, disappearances, rape, robbery and theft.

These CRIMINAL actions are well documented. I can't help but wonder how the perperators can freely move about in this country and nobody (yet) has targeted them for prosecution.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousATS

We sold weapons to both sides in the Iran/Iraq war. We sold direct battlefield intelligence to Iraq. The goal was to keep them both weakened.

you are aware that the French and Russians were the biggest contributors to the Iraqi baathist regime in terms of arms?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sharing the blame around doesn't make any of these crimes less heinous.

It makes them more so.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Sharing the blame around doesn't make any of these crimes less heinous.

It makes them more so.

Whatever way you want to intellectualise it, it is stating facts.

It also wrongfoots the liberal /left- it shows how greater blame an be placed in their traditional pals in France and Russia as opposed to their great Satan of the US

As for "crime" who knows- international politics and such like is NEVER done with altruistic motives purely in mind, often it is my enemy's enemy is currently my chum, but may become my enemy in the future and which nation will not think of itself (whether in terms of money, oil, power etc ) when getting involved in external disputes.

Now dont get me wrong, Im more of an isolationist, leave these hell holes to their own devices unless it looks like they could interfere with our nation (primarily militarily)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join