It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazingly retarded question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
would it be possible to somehow connect a spaceship or whatever to a comet or an asteroid and go where the asteroid goes?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
euhh. yes .... they are having a mision undergoing at this moment with a probe underway to one its called the rosetta probe made by ESA (europian Space agency)
www.esa.int

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why not? I don't see any way this could not work if you can get to the object in question.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It sounds plausible. It would be interesting, but you always have to add in the risks of food shortages, and loss of bone mass if you're talking about sending a human with it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
euhh. yes .... they are having a mision undergoing at this moment with a probe underway to one its called the rosetta probe made by ESA (europian Space agency)
www.esa.int

i would have just echoed that.

also, recently NASA had a probe that gathered material from a comet and it bringing it back for sampling. i can't remember what it's called right now, hopefully someone else knows what i'm talking about.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
www.esa.int

i would have just echoed that.

also, recently NASA had a probe that gathered material from a comet and it bringing it back for sampling. i can't remember what it's called right now, hopefully someone else knows what i'm talking about.

Are you talking about the Stardust Mission?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
well not necessarily a man based mission, like a probe or whatever. heh... i'm sorry it's a really stupid question, i'm just all partied out without any sleep, you wouldn't believe the things that go through my head at the moment, heh.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by levis 501
well not necessarily a man based mission, like a probe or whatever. heh... i'm sorry it's a really stupid question, i'm just all partied out without any sleep, you wouldn't believe the things that go through my head at the moment, heh.

I assure you, my questions are far stupider than yours, just ask ATS members who have talked to me. I have trouble accepting 1 + 1 = 2.

I thought Rosseta was a mission to gather asteriod particles.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I guess it is possible, however, due to the EXTREMELY low gravity on asteroids/space junk, it would be very slippery and difficult to do. This theory has been brought to NASA's attention in case of a meteor approaching Earth, and the meteor was sizeable enough to cause considerable damage. Some other theories for 'meteor attack' prevention would be to construct a giant sail and use the cosmic winds to drive it away, or actually attach a huge mining object to mine away enough of its mass that it would change course...

-wD

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by levis 501
it's a really stupid question

Mr Garrison teaches a valuable lesson:

"There are no stupid questions, only stupid people."

After being on ATS for a while, you'll find that to be true. But really, there's no such thing as a stupid question here. The only way we can learn is to ponder.

top topics

join