It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Australian highway encounter of 1993. One of the most unusual cases, ever.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is a very unusual one from Australia, 1993, involving two cars stopping by a field to observe a large saucer hovering over it. The reaction of the primary female witness is of interest to me, as it gives information on what we can expect in a similar experience. Watch the video before reading my follow up comments, to eliminate any spoilers.

looks like this video may not play embedded, if not, try the other links.

Backup link to the video, just in case,..

This is one of the only cases in which two separate groups of witnesses who did not know each other saw the same thing, and their stories and descriptions matched perfectly. The initial memory loss is suspicious, but similar stories involving this type of encounter have also been told in the past.

Also of interest is the behavior of the primary witness, she was so curious to see the craft that she exited the car to get a better view of the hovering saucer. But, when she saw the Alien beings getting beamed down to the ground underneath the saucer her apprehension became visceral, (Physical), she said how she felt herself change as this happened. When the beings began to not walk, but glide towards her, she became apprehensive, even panicky, and she said she screamed. She then thought that she was hit by some kind of energy beam in the stomach, doubling her up and causing her to fall to the ground.

While I believe her story, I doubt that an advanced being would use force against her, more likely she was experiencing an understandable and natural, fear, panic reaction. The human stomach is surrounded with a highly sensitive nerve network, this can cause a fearful situation to result in severe spasms of the stomach, and I am reasonable certain that this is what happened to her.

The fact that the drawings made from their descriptions matched so perfectly is astounding. But the main thing to learn from this story is that close contact type three encounters may not be a pleasant experience at all. It is possible that had she been able to stand her ground as the Alien beings approached her, there may have been some sort of friendly encounter. It is also possible that such beings have the ability to project fear in a way that renders us humans harmless. But I think that the shock of a sudden encounter with Alien life forms could have the same effect, even on those of us who think that we would handle the same situation better, could have the same reaction.

What would I do in the same situation? I would observe as they did, and hope that I could engage the beings in some way, but until it happens you won’t know. I think this may have actually happened, but the evidence is not absolute. The way these entities treated the humans is not encouraging. The advanced beings appear to consider us to be “test subjects”, not their equals. This may be why they do not make contact, we may be too primitive for them to communicate with effectively.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Fantastic pick, it sounds very interesting and it appears to hold you to find out what happened. It is quite interesting, especially the triangular marks and the loss in time space is something that has been reported a number of times, which is obviously consistent with other attacks.

Thankyou for sharing the video.
Rgds
K

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledge23

Great story, thanks for sharing! Two independent sets of witnesses, both of them describing the craft and the alien beings in the same way, makes this case well worth to take notice of.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

you said:
"While I believe her story, I doubt that an advanced being would use force against her, more likely she was experiencing an understandable and natural, fear, panic reaction. The human stomach is surrounded with a highly sensitive nerve network, this can cause a fearful situation to result in severe spasms of the stomach, and I am reasonable certain that this is what happened to her.
"

this is funny..so your going to beleive her story offhand, BUT when she says something that doesnt meet with your preconcieved notion how an alien would behave (advanced being not using force? wtf) youve got to come up with reasons to rationlize it, as if you are the overlord of all aliens and no what they would do.. GET REAL

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

this is funny..so your going to beleive her story offhand, BUT when she says something that doesnt meet with your preconcieved notion how an alien would behave (advanced being not using force? wtf) youve got to come up with reasons to rationlize it, as if you are the overlord of all aliens and no what they would do.. GET REAL

Since I support your skeptical stance, I can't find fault with your reasoning, I realize that 99% of reported sightings are bogus, and so your viewpoint is understood and accepted by me. As far as my schizophrenic rationalizing goes, that is a reflection of my own inner turmoil, some of these "may" be real, but not likely. So I try to balance my position, being skeptical while remaining open minded to the possibilities. The results are what you see in my post, it's the way I think. The,"overlord of all aliens and no what they would do..", statement on your reply is pure hyperbole, I possess no such ability. But I will try to get real, and remain happily so.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

This is the Kelly Cahill case. Very famous here in Australia. Right up there with the B&B Hill case and in many regards, much better! Not only was there a third car that came forward with the exact same descriptions but there was also trace evidence left at the landing site.

IRM

[edit on 4/12/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I had not heard of the third car, interesting indeed. It makes you wonder, what exactly did they encounter that night? The descriptions of the humanoid figures physical appearance is perplexing. So many eye witnesses are hard to explain away, and scientists are always warning us that Aliens from other planets, times, or realities most likely would not look like us at all. The two arms and legs, head with two eyes configuration is said to be a form unique to us Humans, and that reports of other worldly visitors that look like us should be dismissed as possible hoaxes. But we have cases like this one popping up periodically with credible evidence, so perhaps the human like form may be something like the fractal nature of trees and other plant life. Certain shapes may be common because evolution will eventual derive similar looking forms over time.

The beings may have been wearing a type of protective suit, that would partially explain the gigantic red eyes described that night. Going out into the environment of other planets in shirt sleeves to take a quick look doesn't seem like a good idea.

Now that we know her name, we should be able to Google some additional information about the main character in this case, perhaps there is a web site dedicated to this unusual case? If anyone knows of a Australian site with more information about this one, please post it in this topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

You can find a detailed report here:
The Oz Files

Trace Evidence:
The Oz Files

More Trace Evidence Info:

They had 2 different laboratories confirm a number of unusual anomalies and magnetic problems at the apparent site of the UFO landing. There appeared to be some interesting changes in soil chemistry -- an above average sulphur content, the presence of pyrene (which occurs in coal tar and is also obtained by the destructive hydrogenation of hard coal) and tannic acid - in a crescent shaped indentation. There was a triangle formation of dead grass on the ground, spaced out in the site. The apparent physical effects at the site of this UFO event seem to had a destructive effect on the grass. The physical dimensions of the events in the Dandenongs on August 8th, 1993, may represent compelling evidence for a reality behind abduction events. The case is a striking example of the importance of focusing on the physical evidence for extraordinary UFO events. Such a strategy will provide a compelling pivot point of insightful research into the nature and purpose of UFO activity.

Source: Project 1947

You can also read of my account which also happened earlier that year (1993). I live close to where the Kelly Cahill incident occurred. As the three 'craft' flew away from my location, they headed directly towards the Dandenongs which is the general area where Kelly was abducted just a few months later. There are some people in the UFO community that have suggested they may be related.

An Australian Account

Hope these links help. There's plenty more for you to search around for!

IRM

[edit on 5/12/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Didn't we have an actual video of an identical UFO posted here not to long ago?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Strange indeed and quite interesting.

Wish we had more sightings such as these (along with the presence of a fairly eloquent speaker)

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just not understanding something here - there was antoher car, but she didn't remember this until weeks after - so how did she track them down & how did they manage to get pictures of the marks on their bodies, which were apparent "immediately after the encounter" all measured with the same ruler?

Secondly, as she says she didn't recall anything except the flash of light until weeks later, how did she associate the triangular mark on her naval with the encounter with the craft - she didn't remember the encounter?

Also, who are these mysterious other witnesses?

Sounds a bit patchy to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have seen many in my dreams and have been told that bigger ships will be seen throughout the world and people will be shocked to see them.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Outstanding post! Star & flag for you.

Really fascinating data.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Sounds a bit patchy to me.

One might almost suspect that she was suffering from some type of shock induced by a highly traumatic experience. If one were feeling cynical that is.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

These are good questions.

there was antoher car, but she didn't remember this until weeks after - so how did she track them down & how did they manage to get pictures of the marks on their bodies, which were apparent "immediately after the encounter" all measured with the same ruler?

The evidence was gathered by some UFO investigators in the area, they probably used conventional techniques such as phone calls, knocking on doors and strategically placed notices. It turned out that none of the witnesses knew each other. So this fact alone is interesting. it's unlikely that strangers would conspire on a hoax. The "immediately after the encounter" all measured with the same ruler" aspect is dependent on the data as found in the final report. I am not aware of the time frame involved.

Secondly, as she says she didn't recall anything except the flash of light until weeks later, how did she associate the triangular mark on her naval with the encounter with the craft - she didn't remember the encounter?

This facet of the story is quite strange, it seems that the husband always had remembered the entire affair and he never experienced any amnesia as his Wife did. He mentioned the incident to friends in her presence, and she (at first), did not remember it, but the broaching of the subject caused her to re-remember the bizarre encounter. This lead to a full realization of the magnitude of the events and triggered the eventual investigation.

The memory loss aspect strikes me a suspicious, but apparently it only affected the Wife, it could have been trauma induced, even though such occurrences are rare to the point of non existence. Modern Psychiatry rejects short term memory loss as a result of traumatic events, but the severity of this event may leave room for an exception in this one rare case. We can also assume that any intelligent beings capable of traveling here could easily erase memories at will, in this case they may have felt that the memories were potentially damaging to her mental well being, and even a temporary blockage of the events could be considered an act of "good will." The triangular marks seen on some of the "victims" may or may not be significant, other alleged abduction victims have had similar claims.

The one factor I consider most compelling in the entire affair is the nearly identical looking drawings derived from two separate groups of witnesses. This is statistically meaningful evidence. The witnesses did not know each other until after the event, and the drawings were made without any communications before hand, yet the craft depicted in the resulting drawings are essentially identical. If this information is true, this is an amazing case!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
From memory the only discrepancy between all three drawings was that kelly (not her real name) drew the craft without 'legs' or landing struts and the other two women did. In all fairness to kelly, it may have been an issue of perspective... the slightly different angle which she viewed the craft, the legs could have also been slightly obscured by glare given off by the object or kelly was so emotionally impacted that she missed some detail.

As stated earlier, the Cahill case is one of the best IMHO. Fascinating!

Perhaps someone could contact Bill Chalker or John Auchettl and get an update? Maybe even an invite to come to ATS and speak about it further?

IRM

Edit To Add:

Bill Chalker
email: [email protected]
Ph: 02 9484 4680 or International +612 9484 4680
Address: P.O. Box 42, West Pennant Hills, NSW, 2125

John W. Auchettl
email: [email protected]

[edit on 7/12/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 29 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RING0

I ran across this old interview with Cahill. If she's fabricating a sensational story then she missed her calling as a screenplay writer. Otherwise I feel she is being truthful. Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

Missed him by 14 years son, check the date before you necro. This is the Kelly Cahill case. Search is your friend

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Type1338
a reply to: RING0

I ran across this old interview with Cahill. If she's fabricating a sensational story then she missed her calling as a screenplay writer. Otherwise I feel she is being truthful. Very interesting.

thanks for reviving this
I had never heard of
disappeared down the memory hole

reminds me a bit of the Indrid Cold encounter in Mothman Prophecies; several people saw that as they drove by.

posted on Jul, 30 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

Cahill, as well as her husband and the other witnesses, have long since disappeared off the radar. Which is frustrating since the unusual aspects make this one of the most intriguing abduction cases on record.

Most frustrated of all is Sydney researcher Bill Chalker who handed the case over to the Melbourne-based group: Phenomena Research Australia [PRA] - they conducted extensive research (including interviewing the third-party witnesses in the other car) but have refused to release their own 300-page report, even after all this time. They explain that they'd prefer Cahill & Co to come forward again rather then gaining all the spotlight themselves, but that explanation seems a bit flaky.

For a case that was even referenced in an episode of 'The X-Files', the lack of elaboration from the PRA leaves me perplexed, suspicious, and maybe a little bit deflated if this really is the 'one that got away' - as described in this ABC article from Sept 2000:

www.abc.net.au...

PS: This case needs a more comprehensive thread that examines it from top to bottom in the style we have become more accustomed to on ATS in the 14 years since this thread was authored. I might take up the challenge, but I'm a bit busy at the mo.

edit on 30-7-2022 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join