It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this true?... The word Pentium means: "Fifth Element"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

If you've opened up a newspaper or magazine recently, you're likely to have heard about Intel's new Pentium chip. The latest member of the family of microprocessor chips that started with the 8086 and 8088 and then moved on to more powerful models such as the 80286, 80386, and 80486, the Pentium offers greatly increased speed, innovative features not found in previous chips, and compatibility with previous chips in the family.

The Pentium (meaning "the fifth element") could be considered to be the "586" in the Intel progression of microchips. The reason that "586" was not chosen as the name is because while numerical trademarks like "586" can't be protected from use by competitors; word names can. Hence we have the Pentium chip.

www.smartcomputing.com...

Once again... I have another bizarre conspiracy theory.

I must now result to posting a video showing the fifth element

This is crazy!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
haha, what? Well it is true.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican

Did you watch the video?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Also I noticed that the movie depicted project lucifer and the cassini space probe ...

"There are a few people in the world, who with endless imagination and creativity in union with massive resources and high technology have been playing “God” and secretly experimenting with changing the makeup of our solar system. There are not too many plans conceived that could be greater than creating a new star in our own backyard. One could almost claim godship upon success...."

www.rinf.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why is creating a star from one of our gaseous giants commonly known as the “Lucifer Project”? The potential star's name was first dubbed “Lucifer” by A.C. Clarke in his novel “2010”. Lucifer is less of an actual deity and more of a concept representative of several ideas here. Lucifer, literally “light-bearer”, represents rebellion, claiming god-ship, bringing enlightenment, and mastering knowledge. Lucifer is a symbol of casting off the overlord and trusting the light from within, the concept of breaking out of the subservient shell of “God's dominion” and claiming the universe as one's own to conquer. 20 21 In general, the Luciferian message could be:

“I am tired of worshipping a fairy-tale ‘God' and leaving the future to the whim of idiots and fanatics. I will take the reins of the world into my own hands and guide it as I wish, as I may, as other will allow me to. I will set myself as a god. With the advantage of superior knowledge and the latest technology at my fingertips, I will rule as I see just. You may claim godship also and join me, or try to create the world in your own image. All you need to do is realize that you are also worthy and then attain the knowledge I have gained. If you will not realize and accept that you are a godlike creator then I have no pity for you and I will continue to dominate you until you come into the light.”

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have watched that guys videos before, his concept is that these symbols are in every scene which is apparent, but what is the meaning? Is he suggesting that they are using mind control using symbology? Or are they there to remind us of something? This person has used several movies to show the things that are hidden in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by mdiinican

Did you watch the video?

No. I assumed it would be a humorous clip from the film "the fifth element", like the one where the one character demonstrates a crazy Scifi assault rifle. I now assume that it isn't.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yes and no.

Almost all "computer nerds" believe Pentium to mean "the Fifth Element". You'll find it on many PC sites - Random Example.

Meanwhile the language gurus disagree. Penta (also Pente) is of course Greek for five. We all know this as a fact, and see it everywhere, like in Pentagram and Pentagon. The "ium" phrase doesn't really have meaning. It's used in Latin to "round off a word" (i.e. neutral nouns).

Example

To understand why "five" is import with this chip, you'll have to look at the history of why they had to choose a name, and not use 586 like its predecessors. It became obvious that they couldn't use that naming convention when they created the "sixth generation", because they would've had to name it "Hexium" or "Sexium"...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by schiass
Why is creating a star from one of our gaseous giants commonly known as the “Lucifer Project”? The potential star's name was first dubbed “Lucifer” by A.C. Clarke in his novel “2010”. Lucifer is less of an actual deity and more of a concept representative of several ideas here. Lucifer, literally “light-bearer”, represents rebellion, claiming god-ship, bringing enlightenment, and mastering knowledge. Lucifer is a symbol of casting off the overlord and trusting the light from within, the concept of breaking out of the subservient shell of “God's dominion” and claiming the universe as one's own to conquer. 20 21 In general, the Luciferian message could be:

“I am tired of worshipping a fairy-tale ‘God' and leaving the future to the whim of idiots and fanatics. I will take the reins of the world into my own hands and guide it as I wish, as I may, as other will allow me to. I will set myself as a god. With the advantage of superior knowledge and the latest technology at my fingertips, I will rule as I see just. You may claim godship also and join me, or try to create the world in your own image. All you need to do is realize that you are also worthy and then attain the knowledge I have gained. If you will not realize and accept that you are a godlike creator then I have no pity for you and I will continue to dominate you until you come into the light.”

You make a decent point, but ultimatley it does come down to choice.

Do you want to break away from the hand that feeds? Your creator?

The light from within is created by God, and you want to give him Zero credit, Zero glory, and Zero praise for this?

All your really saying is that you want the Glory for what you've done... even though it was God's work to begin with.

Ultimatly the Ying Yang sign kinda explains it the best. There is a little bit of "good" in evil, and there is a little bit of "evil" in what is good. But in the end, they need each other... A positive is not positive if a negative doesn't exsist.

So in theory: God created Evil (this is the "negative" within a positive)... However the Devil/ Evil/ Bad shows us how to appreciate God (this is the "positive" within a negative)

I've gone way too off topic with this subject,...

I have watched that guys videos before, his concept is that these symbols are in every scene which is apparent, but what is the meaning? Is he suggesting that they are using mind control using symbology? Or are they there to remind us of something? This person has used several movies to show the things that are hidden in plain sight.

It is a mystery,... but it does show us that a secret religion/ ideology is in hollywood.

I have my opinion, but I will save my views on this Hidden Hollywood symbolism for another day.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm too tired to communicte why the Pentium Computer Chip and it's relevance to the meaning Fifth Element...

But think about Artificial Intelligence... Is Artifical Intelligence (used by this Pentium technology) the true meaning behind the fifth element? Is this Supreme Being Artificial?

Too much to think about... This thread can go in a thousand directions thanks to the movie The Fifth Element and all the weird sublimanol images within it.

PS.

Also take note that there are shape-shifting aliens in this movie.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I'm too tired to communicte why the Pentium Computer Chip and it's relevance to the meaning Fifth Element...

But think about Artificial Intelligence... Is Artifical Intelligence (used by this Pentium technology) the true meaning behind the fifth element? Is this Supreme Being Artificial?

Too much to think about... This thread can go in a thousand directions thanks to the movie The Fifth Element and all the weird sublimanol images within it.

PS.

Also take note that there are shape-shifting aliens in this movie.

Pentium chips are a far cry from AI. You can read the documentation for yourself, if you really feel the need, but it's about 800 pages long. It's just a machine for taking instructions, performing them one at a time, and variously storing and displaying the results. It's really nothing like thought.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I was given a pyramid symbol while meditating. I've searched for its meaning everywhere but haven't found anything remotely close to it. Does anyone have a really comprehensive source for such things? Please don't tell me to google it. Give me a little credit here.

I don't know whether I'm meant to use the symbol or to wait for others who would have had it revealed to them as well to come together with me under this symbol or what.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

No, "Pentium" is a made-up word, created by Intel's marketing department.

No conspiracy. Just a processor family.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sorry those aren't my thoughts, those where on the website I linked from the above post. I just thought it was interesting to note the similarities between the video and the lucifer project. Sorry to change the subject...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

No, "Pentium" is a made-up word, created by Intel's marketing department.

No conspiracy. Just a processor family.

Well, true it's made up by their marketing department, but it could still well mean element 5. After all, element 115 is called un-un-pentium, for 1-1-5, as a placeholder for whatever name it may be given at a later date.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by schiass“I am tired of worshipping a fairy-tale ‘God' and leaving the future to the whim of idiots and fanatics. I will take the reins of the world into my own hands and guide it as I wish, as I may, as other will allow me to. I will set myself as a god. With the advantage of superior knowledge and the latest technology at my fingertips, I will rule as I see just. You may claim godship also and join me, or try to create the world in your own image.

Who will you rule over then? There are several mistakes you made already, the most glaring, being 'Godship'.

You don't lead the world with superior knowledge, but wisdom. Secondly, our technology is broken, nature still is far better than our 'brute force' (barbaric) technology. Nukes? they are just extremely large caveman's club.

Lastly, you made a mistake by 'ruling'. I may assume, everyone here hates slavery. And the concept of 'ruling' is slavery. That's the last thing this world needs. We need leadership and cooperation, it's completely the opposite concept of ruling. Leadership is service to others not being worshiped.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

AI is not, nor can it ever be any kind of real and actual intelligence. It will have no actual consciousness, no free will, which are both requirements for actual intelligence.

It is artificial because anything which appears to be intelligent from it is an illusion. Where it is simply following the logic given to it by the programmer. Everything it does is merely following the patterns given to it, not thinking for it's itself.

Basically, it has no soul. No observer/consciousness/god inside it. None of that.

I'm a programmer and for a long time I wanted to create intelligence. I spent a good bit of time thinking of different logic's needed to create intelligence. In the end, I came to realize all I would be creating was a complex machine that only followed the patterns given to it, and could never actually be intelligent. It would literally take an act of god to get consciousness into something like that.

The closest thing I could come to simulating consciousness is with random numbers. Even taking it further by doing the bulk of the random numbers early in it's learning process, and then having them carry on for future events (character traits). But even a computer can't generate truly random numbers. And again, it is pure illusion. There is no consciousness of free will in it. It will do as it is programmed to do. It does not think, therefore it is not. It does not have that state of "I AM".

More likely that eventually someone will develop a way of adding mechanical things to their consciousness, and then trying to live forever with their consciousness inside the machine. Which would actually be an android of sorts.

If you really want to go there, then you can possibly realize that biology is really advanced nanotechnology where each cell is a nanobot which reproduces itself, and DNA is the 3d view of the coding which stretches beyond the dimensions - like an universal library of code, or the book of life, maybe you might called it life.dll(dll stands for dynamic link library).

But I fail to see what this has with a company naming their product after a greek way of saying the number 5. I do see where people get the fifth element from, as ium is a popular ending for elements. Titanium for example. So pent - 5, ium - element.

I thought the 5th element in that movie was love though.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

No, it means what it's meant to mean. You can't make up a word and have it mean something other than what you intend it to mean.

This is one of the most absurd posts I've seen on ATS, and that is obviously saying something.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sorry to burst all these conspiracy & sci-fi thoughts...

"It is called 'Pentium' because it is the fifth in the 80x86 line.

It would have been called the 80586 had a US court ruled
that you can't Trademark a number"

courtesy of this source: onlinedictionary.datasegment.com...

as far as dissecting the roots 'pent,penta,penti...' & the 'ium' ending
go to bottom of on-line-dictionary link to the Jargon File

the word was created to infer the idea of strength, like 'titanium' is strong

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The reason that "586" was not chosen as the name is because while numerical trademarks like "586" can't be protected from use by competitors; word names can. Hence we have the Pentium chip.

Its about patents only.
You cant patent something called 586.
Has to be something original referring to a thing.
You cant patent a totally new kind of spaceship and call it "crazy spaceship".
You have to name it something like "Crazyspaceship".
One word.Make several words into a brand name.
You could just call it oomagoongoolia and that wouldn't be a problem.
But its rather unattractive.
Think of the words Micro and Soft.
They cant be patented.
But Microsoft being made into one word, can.
Its a name of something, not something in the English alphabet.
This actually has no space between it either.
Its called "Fithelement".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join