It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans and Crime Rates in USA, WHY???

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by IceColdPro

Originally posted by threelions
reply to post by IceColdPro

Now your accusing me of lying about what you? are not coming across as a very nice person here. I think you have got some anger issues dude.

I am not coming across as a nice "dude"? I have anger issues? Can you point out anything on this page that shows I have anger issues? I think not, it sure is a nice thing to say to someone to discredit them, but when it boils down to it, there is NOTHING I have said that makes me seem like an angry individual. In all honesty I am just a little upset by the comments you made, after all, you did warrant my response and it is my duty to destroy any ignorance I come across as a member of this site.

Things you said that were out of order:

black UK slave wannabees

and

slave black rage mentality of african americans

You even made a broad and swooping generalisation of an entire race... Let me dumb that down for you, you were racist when you said:

I must admit i think black people have a chip on their shoulder because of some of their history and they need to get over it.

If you want us to move forward, I think you should apologise and admit you were wrong for making those 3 comments. Don't act as if you are being reasonable and I attacked you out of the blue, this is simply not the case at all and can be verified by reading the above comments.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by IceColdPro]

Ye OK i take your point that i was generalising abit and that was not the point i was trying to make i should of said some parts of the black community instead the black community. That was an error on my part i will rectify it.
I obviously know that all black people are not criminals and their are some black people that i respect.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
However this does not change the fact that SOME parts of the black community have some major issues with gangs, knife crime, violence etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

However this does not change the fact that SOME parts of the black community have some major issues with gangs, knife crime, violence etc etc etc.

True. We must also bare in mind that their are a lot of white estates in the UK that are also faced with the same issues of gangs, knife crime and violence. (especially up north). It's a problem of the youth of today, I am only 22 years old and even I can see the difference between our present times and when I was a school going teenager, crime IS GETTING WORSE!

This isn't a problem that is isolated in the black community but is rife in areas of high poverty, including white estates in the UK.

I work for a government program called "Sure Start", our job is to go into the estates in the UK that suffer from the worst poverty and our duty was to ensure that children in these areas (mainly 0 - 5 yr olds) and their families had the same opportunities as everyone else in terms of education, recreation, etc.

Thank you for admitting what you said wasn't written in the best way, I don't think you are a bad person and have a lot of respect for your point of view and boldness to say what is on your mind.

I hope to be involved in more discussions with you in the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Sound as mate im 22 as well weird. I agree their are some really rough areas here in the North West in liverpool and manchester and they are predominantly white.
Keep up the community work dude and i hope you make a difference.
Im off to chat about ancient civilisations.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
SOME parts of the black community have problems with knife and violent crime?

Show me one large scale concentration of blacks in the UK or US that doesn't. I'm reffering to 'all black' communities which exists almost uniquely in London in the UK and are similarly isolated in the US.

As for your refute of my last post - I don't think you even grasped the basics of what I was saying.

I didn't quote prison populations - I stated early in my post that any reference to these would be with respect to the RATIO of inmates to the overall population.

And where 0.7% of the UK population is of african/Caribbean origin - and 50% (HOME OFFICE STATS - SEE WEBSITE) of all knife, gun, street robbery convictions are to black males - I don't see exactly what your not seeing clearly about my point?

(EDIT: if you take into account things like pub brawls, armed robbery on institutions - then indeed the stats are much lower - so 'violent crime' is perhaps the wrong term to use in general here. The fact is though, these stats haven't changed much over the last 20 years. The increase in KNIFE and GUN CRIME, in the UK IS largely isolated to black communities - FACT.)

It doesn't matter how many Pakistanis or Bangladeshi's there are - THERE ARE FEWER PAKISTANIS AND BANGLADESHIS IN JAIL PER 100 IN THE GENERAL POPULATIONS THAN ALMOST ANY OTHER ETHNIC GROUP. Thus your argument about poverty does not stand - period.

As I said, and as is well documented - poverty IS a major factor in most crime - and almost universally, prisoners in the system have experienced poverty. But this does not explain at all the differences in the ratios of inmates to non-inmates when different races are compared.

It's very easy to calculate the ratios that you would expect if poverty was souly to balme (the ratios would differ inline with the proportion of each ethnic populations rates of poverty) This IS NOT the case. Thus this is NOT the primary cause. It does NOT explain the statistics.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by greysave

You come across to me as extremely racist. You want to blame everything that is wrong on the Whites.

I quote "Why did white people kill all the Natives? There are over 3 million indigenous people alive in the US and Canada.

Another quote "I can tell you why their is so much crime in black communities. Its because we still get asked dumb a$$ racist questions." Somehow, I don't think that is the answer.

Here's another quote "How about this, you enslaved a race, killed them, separated them from family, and completely destroyed their culture. After you free them, you still kill them chase them and let them know that they are nothing because they are black. You do this for 400 years."
What was the color of the skin of the person who wrote the Emancipation Proclamation? What were the colors of the skin of all the people who worked on all the civil rights legislation in the 1960s?

My ancestors did not own slaves. In fact they did not get to this country until the early 1900s. They came here poor. Some are still poor. I'd love to be able to give you the typical American dream story of rags to riches but that hasn't happened.

History is full of civilizations in conflict and the atrocities that have been committed. We can all sit around and blame people about the past but that won't do any good.

So the real question is how do we go forward and create a better world? How should the issues brought up by this post be addressed. Here is one attempt that seems to be working. Nagging for Success

To bury your head in the sand and not see a problem does nothing towards offering a solution. Blaming others also doesn't solve anything. Solutions take hard work.

Yet you didn't answer any of my question. I am racist for stating a fact? I by no means am blaming all black problems on black people. On the other hand, you seem to have no accountability for your ancestors actions and the problems they may or may not have causes. What was racist about the facts that I stated?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Several hundred years ago in a country far away, some men had their own kingdoms. If the price was right they raided their neighbors kingdom and captured his subjects. They then sold the captured subjects into slavery. The kingdoms staked out their turf by way of landmarks, like rivers, ridges, and anyone not in their kingdom caught trespassing would be speared to death. But they committed crimes on each other and sold each other into slayery and servitude.
They made lots of money doing this.
Today the turf is defined as sections of town and streets and avenues. They "mark" (LIKE a DOG) their turf with different colors. They sell their own people into the slavery of drug addiction and prostitution. They raid each others turf and territority, not with spears and arrows, but with mac-10 and shotguns. They kill for revenge and retaliation, and follow no rule of higher law than the dictates of the street.

Yes because we are animals we don't know what higher rules are. Good point

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorGoldstein

Originally posted by rizla
I think the root cause is poverty.

Tried, tested, and fails every time.

There are many times more poor whites in America than blacks. Their crime rate is not anywhere near as high.

The next tried tested and poor excuse is education, that blacks don't receive good education. Again, simply not true, our schools haven't been segregated for more than 60 years. Blacks children receive the SAME exact education as white children but continuously lag behind.

The simple and scientific answer is all races are not equal. It might not be politically correct, you might say it's "racist" to talk about the truth, but it's the scientific truth after all. For instance black's brains are 30% smaller on average than white's brains. It's just flat out physically impossible for their brains to be larger because the cranial sutures end much more abuptly on their skulls than white's, which does not allow the brain as much room to expand over our years of evolution.

Smaller brain (to size of organism) = less intelligent. Nothing racist about it at all, it's simple elementary-level science that you learn about animals in the classroom.

And simple logic dictactes that less intelligent will = less civilized, and less civilized will = higher "crime".

Of course in the name of political correctness, supposedly our brains and bodies are magical and don't operate the same way as other mammals do! Hehehe.. Yeah right.

Simple scientific solution to this. Simple logics.

Of course it's wrong to talk about this, because it "offends" people.

So the actual solution will never be found, no conclusion why black crime rate is higher will ever be reached, because the answer which is right in front of our eyes is censored as not to offend anyone.

Here's a simple diagram that a scientist made comparing the brain size of a black male to a white male.

The one on top is the white male's brain, the one on the bottom is the black male's brain.

It's just flat out physically impossible for a black male to be as intelligent as a white male, when all other factors are equal. Brain size is just a physical, limiting factor that you cannot deny or argue, and cannot change.

And I'm not even trying to preach white superiority here because I'm Jewish myself, not white and Ashekenazi jew's brains are on average even bigger than white's brains, so are east asians, hence why they are more intelligent than whites.

Intelligence, brain size, and race is the correct answer and no scientist or professional in this field will disagree with me, though they will not openly talk about it either (don't want to lose our jobs).

The simply reason why blacks have the highest crime rate is because they have the smallest brains and lowest amount of collective intelligence. Nothing more. It's the same reason why east asians have the lowest crime rate and highest amount of intelligence of all races.

It does not take a genius to figure out that lower intelligence = higher crime, since crime is after all acts that are uncivilized. Rape, murder, etc, are all barbaric animal-like practices.

Connect the dots.

And don't dare cry racism, it get's old. It's not like I'm lying to you here, go to the morgue and have them split open the skull of a deceased white or asian male and then a deceased black male and then compare brain sizes. The former are much, much larger that you would actually be quite surprised at the difference. ~30% is a large amount.

No bias here, no racism. It's simple science that can be measured and tested.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by ProfessorGoldstein]

This country is unbelievable. You are unbelievable. So you believe in your racist values. White people have superior intellect in your opinion? Unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag
SOME parts of the black community have problems with knife and violent crime?

Show me one large scale concentration of blacks in the UK or US that doesn't. I'm reffering to 'all black' communities which exists almost uniquely in London in the UK and are similarly isolated in the US.

I'm not American, so I can't comment on what is going on the US on this matter.

Show me one large scale concentration of blacks and minorities that aren't generally living in poverty restricted situations?

As for your refute of my last post - I don't think you even grasped the basics of what I was saying.

I didn't grasp what you were saying? Maybe I got confused and lost my way amongst all of the condescending language that you were using. Get real, I understood EVERYTHING you said.

I didn't quote prison populations - I stated early in my post that any reference to these would be with respect to the RATIO of inmates to the overall population.

If you had read my entire post on the previous page you would have realised that I wasn't just quoting prison populations, I was contrasting it against poverty rather than ethnicity to support the argument I was making.

Please. Maybe it is YOU who "didn't grasp" the point I have been trying to make all along. You are TOO busy comparing physical traits and genetic traits to bother to properly disseminate any points of view that lead to a contrary conclusion, i.e. Poverty & Social problems > Crime rather than Race > Crime. I have read all of the half truths and nationalist talking points that you have made in previous posts, it also reminds me of the rhetoric that spews from the likes of Storm Front about why the Caucasian is more superior than the average Black, I am not saying your racist, but they justify their argument using the same "proof".

Why do White European countries like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus and Ukraine suffer from more violent crime (per capita) than the likes of Zimbabwe, Zambia, Nigeria, Niger, Ethiopia, etc ?

Crime is down to poverty and social issues. It has NOTHING to do with physical or genetic differences between races (as you claimed in your previous post).

And where 0.7% of the UK population is of african/Caribbean origin - and 50% (HOME OFFICE STATS - SEE WEBSITE) of all knife, gun, street robbery convictions are to black males - I don't see exactly what your not seeing clearly about my point?

I looked all over said website and could not find this statistic, I am not saying it isn't true, but I would request that you take the time to link to evidence like I did in my previous post. I guess it could be true, but I think I smell fertiliser for some reason

The increase in KNIFE and GUN CRIME, in the UK IS largely isolated to black communities - FACT.)

Hahaha! Awesome... You wanna back this up with evidence? "The increase in knife and gun crime in the UK is isolated to black communities" so according to you, NOWHERE else in the UK is experiencing a rise in violent crime.

Right...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Afraid at know point have I even suggested that 'BLACKS' are more likely to commit crime - If you had read my previous posts in full - you'd know that I even stated - as you did - that crime in most African nations is actually lower than in many European Nations.

My point is not even to do with skin colour at all. I am trying to point out that essentially, those people who are descended directly from enslaved peoples are undoubtedly different in almost every way OTHER than skin colour to those people who are descended form those africans who remained free in continental africa.

Have you ever heard of Eugenics? The way farm animals and horses are selectively bred? If you select people based on certain characteristics, isolate them in a foreign nation where they would 'breed' (to use rather base language) only amongst themselves for the best part of 200 years - you WILL get what is essentially a sub species. I.E. A group where those original characteristics become prevalent and become one of the defining characteristics of the group.]

If you deny that west indian and afro-american men and women are significantly physiologically different to africans they are generally 'heaped' together with - you need to open your eyes my friend. The physical differences alone are blindingly obvious.

I'm sick to death of people like you who scream 'racism' without even understanding an argument that actually demonstrates an unparalleled understanding of race and the history for the african nation within this forum. Probably due to the many years I have spent living there.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DroolsAlot
Look, im not racist at all. But I wanted to ask this question wich is been bugging me for quite some time about African Americans and crime.

First off if you have to say i'm not racist, chances are you are. Statistics show black populations in prison have been steadily decreasing while white populations have been increasing. Violence knows no skin color, it just happens to be that blacks are more likely to be arrested through racial profiling and receive longer sentences. The longer sentences they receive could account for some of your statistics since they are in prison much longer.
Possibles causes include not having enough money for a good lawyer, and judges descretion. Ask anyone who ever had to go through the legal system to compare their case with a similiar case where the defendant could afford higher legal fees and see how their sentences differed. Most public defenders will ask you to take the plea even if you are innocent. They just have too large a caseload to ensure you recieve fair treatment.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by DroolsAlot

I could get drawn into a massive debate, backed by sound statistics and what I consider to be sound reasoning that could explain why black people are more likely to commit crime.

Instead all I will say is this:

How does it matter? As long as laws are equally enforced across the spectrum of society, and as long as each person is capable of doing anything (ie no statutory discrimination), then each person will end up in the position that he is capable of.

If black people are disproportionately likely to commit a crime, so be it. I dont think there is anything that needs to be done in a proactive manner to counteract anything done by the black community.

If and when people get fed up of living like thugs in ghettos, maybe they will try and improve themselves and their own situation.

Isnt the president elect half black? Perhaps the "Oreos" in the class will start to take pride in the fact that they can achieve something of greater value than a rap career, a harem of "bitches" or popping a cap in someone's posterior.

If I were you I would back off on the koolaid.....Who cares if any body takes pride in the fact that we a celebrating diverscity in the white house....The office of the presidency has several demanding requisites none of which is color.....Character is the most demanding requisite followed by integrity and supported by a populus of the same caliber...Alot of good men died for our freedom,if our own selfishness and stupidity causes us to lose it then we will deserve what we get...It is time to wake up to this nonsense of diversity and multicultralism....God created different races and colors of people through his infinite wisdom and pay attention to the fact that his plan was to keep each to their own,otherwise he would have created all one color and one race,however,in his eyes we all equal.....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Sound as mate im 22 as well weird. I agree their are some really rough areas here in the North West in liverpool and manchester and they are predominantly white.
Keep up the community work dude and i hope you make a difference.
Im off to chat about ancient civilisations.

Greetings IceCold.......It is a very noble undertaking you are involved with and judging from posts your effort and your compassion is color blind...My question is why does government have to be involved in social engineering....The root cause of the problems you are dealing with are morality issues....you are dealing with irresponsible procreation,divorce and lack of education and laziness....Do you think it is fair that a government take a hardworking mans money to fund this kind of behavior....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Once again, my ancestors came to this country after 1900.

None of my ancestors owned slaves or to my knowledge participated in the slave trade in any way.

On the other hand, you seem to have no accountability for your ancestors actions and the problems they may or may not have causes. What was racist about the facts that I stated?

Please explain to me how my ancestors created these problems.

One of the foundations of this country is that you cannot be held responsible for the criminal actions of your family. In other words you can't be thrown in jail for debts incurred by your parents. So, even if my ancestors had been involved in the slave trade, what do you expect me to do about that?

I can't control the past. Slavery happened and it was wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Once again, my ancestors came to this country after 1900.

None of my ancestors owned slaves or to my knowledge participated in the slave trade in any way.

On the other hand, you seem to have no accountability for your ancestors actions and the problems they may or may not have causes. What was racist about the facts that I stated?

Please explain to me how my ancestors created these problems.

One of the foundations of this country is that you cannot be held responsible for the criminal actions of your family. In other words you can't be thrown in jail for debts incurred by your parents. So, even if my ancestors had been involved in the slave trade, what do you expect me to do about that?

I can't control the past. Slavery happened and it was wrong.

Greetings Wildbob........I might add that this free nation is the only nation on this earth that has truly abolished slavery as a matter of record...Iam tired of hearing about slavery....Slavery in this country was a money making business for black tribal chiefs who sold their own to greedy white and black slave traders and are still doing it today on an international plane, if the american blacks feel put upon in this great country it is not because whites and blacks combined have not tried to make things better,there have been many government programs to level the playing field and I might say to an extreme where others rights have been compromised....I think it is for American Blacks to examine their leadership and appoint leaders that will lead not blame and make excuses...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That brain diagram is funny. The neanders brain were bigger than both. What is your point. To be quite factual, blacks are physiologically superior.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everyone commits crime, it's part of human nature. Some people are violent; some are more laid back. It has nothing to do with "color". Your circumstances determine where and who you are raised with as well. If you grow up and people tell you your whole life that you aren't worth a good school, and a nice house,and that you are destined to be a "thug"; of course you will believe that. Some people have enough self awareness to overcome this, but who teahces us that those things are wrong? Society itself is racist as well. Cops, Judges, you, those people judge cicumstances they may not understand, and those are the people who throw your ass in jail when you are "black" and jaywalking, and letting out a drunken, wifebeating "white" guy because he's a so called "good father". blah...

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm a white male. I have two sons. Both graduated from college, one attended on a full academic scholarship, the other worked his way through.

They are both of above average intelligence and are hard working. I love them both, but I think I can say with certainty, neither one of them has what it takes to be President of The United States.

If you're black, please don't tell me you didn't make it because of discrimination.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
That brain diagram is funny. The neanders brain were bigger than both. What is your point. To be quite factual, blacks are physiologically superior.

africa's history definitely shows that

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join