It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Americans and Crime Rates in USA, WHY???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's the same here in the UK. I also live in a majority black community, and I am the minority. In my own country.

I have many black friends, and am definitely not a racist. I judge people on how they act, and by nothing else.

However, throughout my life, especially whilst growing up, I have found it to be blatantly obvious that black people (male and female) are on average a lot more aggressive than the white equivalent. Even my black friends are definitely more aggressive than I am, or my white friends.

I don't think it's their fault, I think they just have more testosterone, and this is probably why they're more inclined to commit crimes.

I've lived in many areas, but the one I am living in at the moment is by far the worst when it comes to violence.

As said, I do not judge people on anything other than they way they act, and like it or not, this is an honest description of my experiences. I would have no problem saying this same thing to my black friends, and have done many times, with which they agree.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Well the real issue is it was designed that way,please look up online WILLIE LYNCH 1712 the making of a slave...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The war on blacks is really.
When this country was built, it was built from the backs of slaves that were stolen! There was a law to beat or even kill your slave IF they ran away. Whites did not want to do the "dirty" work themselves so, they STOLE their helpers.

So, just because it is no longer a law to have slaves doesn't mean that slavery is really over. These thieves did not want the law passed therefore, they seemed to have thought of other ways to enslave the blacks without being obvious...hence % of blacks in jail. The mentality of these individuals has been passed down from generation to generation and now the blacks continue to experience slavery.

The media is to blame for the appearance that blacks are/can be dangerous. We all know there are good and bad in all races, cultures, etc. Blacks already had a disadvantage from the very beginning...no education=limited jobs! Blacks are dealing with a lot of issues that was originally caused by whites

There's a documentary that discuss this particular topic. "FBI's WAR ON BLACK AMERICA". Check out www.moviesfoundonline.com

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
deptartment of justice statistics show it is 18 times more likely a white will be mudered by a black than the other way around. when you consider blacks only make up @ 14% of the population this is very very scary. if whites in this country were even just twice (let alone 18 times) as likely to murder blacks, the white population would be ashamed the world over and it would be reported in every newspaper. why the double standard? if you do not believe the figure i quoted please go to doj webiste and look for yourself.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
reply to post by rickyrrr

people who cant afford school arent good workers. good one crackpipe. That doesnt make sense at all.

Put your money where your mouth is and hire an illiterate black man to paint your house.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

What does being able to read have to do with painting?

If the guys not a crook or a imbecile he should do just fine.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
people, take it easy! There is NO ONE root cause, it's caused my a "perfect" storm" of circumstances. read my earlier post if you want to know what.

And that's just the short version of what i have to say (ran outta posting room). There is racism on BOTH sides of lawn, both black and white. The true problem is that most of it is so mainstream and part of AMERICAN culture that it is truly hard to point out.

Let me end by giving you white folks a taste. In north carolina, im surprized when white people who come from the north or from out of country comment how racist other white people are in the south.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Every Indian I know is O.K. with the term 'Indian'. White people born in Maine are native Americans. If you want, you might try the term, 'Native Indians', that differentiates us from people from India.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just ONE example of when I was in the court room with my grandmother who worked as a interperter( I had to go w/ her alot as a youngster).... 1st the white man has his trial he was caught driving drunk for the 4th time and he hit a car with people in it and ran off into the ditch where he passed out, he asked for the judge to go easy on him because he had to travle for his job. The judge let him off scott free and told him not to do it again. 2nd was a black man, no real past record, with his trial he was caught driving on a suspended licence but he was there with his grandmother who at the time he was driving her to the hospital and she was having a stroke. His grandmother had the proof that she was taken to the hospital by him and admitted. She also had proof that they had no telephone to call a ambulance and thats why her grandson was driving her. Well the judge at the end of all that said "well I hope you packed your toothbrush" and sent him to jail. Now I have alot of friends all diffrent colors and I dont think black people are more violent than any other race. I think the media portrays it as such but I think it is B.S. Also if there are many judges like that jerk in my town you could understand why it may seem that black people are more "violent" but it's only because you have some judge in the power position with his own agenda who decideds the fate of the next individual. I thinks it's wrong to say that one race is more violent than the next, we are all human beings with instincts and we all have violent traits, we all just may not get caught or if we do we may get off.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

You need to look at the facts. It IS a FACT that there are more blacks than whites in jails. And what the man said in his first thread is not racist in any way. He is just stating a fact.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hmmm, trying to get ahold of a coroner to ask them about the brain size question, but can't find a number. Any suggestions as to what name or gov't department they'd be listed under?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Bro. TY for honesty...

People being different is REAL, A man named Hitler set into motion a world where an actual look at how people are different is No longer allowed because it may be used as an excuse to persecute them.

Black People (i'm white) do have something different going on, genetically and culturally perhaps...

Heart Attack rates are very different, crime, person to person aggression

Africa as a continent, personal violence and lack of social organization on a mass scale, tribal behavior, far more common than Europeans, almost Alien compared to Asians

We can't make it work if we aren't honest

Is Testosterone the key... F Nuts if I know

But "poverty" or "oppression" is Not

If one group of people in this world (Cough, Asians, Cough) is better at Math there is no reason not to say so... other than what Imho, is real racism, trying to make us all the same.

people can be helped and addressed of issues when your honest,

White people are less one on one socially aggressive, I grew up in NYC, I have seen everyone, it's True, as you say Black males in particular tend to be more, expressive, forward (passionate to be fair) emotional?

Phrase it as you will

and

My White Folk sometimes oooooo.... chop up people and hide them in little parts all over the place for no reason... (serial killers)

Does it mean i should be labeled?

No... But it's True

People want to blame Racism or Colonialism as the reason Africa is FUBAR

But the Reality, Africans have Never been good at large social circumstances... do Great in a Tribal environment though

It's not Superior one way or the other... it just IS, Tribal life... heck sometimes I think it wouldn't be bad...

The problem comes though when Worlds Collide

BSing PC nonsense won't help us get along

It's common for other Black people to feel that the only Blacks who succeed "Act White" and it's true... naturally, Western and eastern Society is not conducive to the African Way of being...

By being honest we can... deal with it

Brothers DIE and average of 10 years younger in our world

The same would be true of Many whites if they moved to Africa

Do some Blacks "Perceive" this as intentional and make matters worse ... YES

The answer though is NOT Lying about the reasons

Testosterone and it's social Impact... I would gather is at least part of the reason

I salute your honesty, in Truth, we can find acceptable solutions if we can be honest and not Judge in the process

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i've read the entirety of this thread and comments.
wow..nothing will ever change.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There is a disproportionate number of minorities in prison because a minority is more likely to be suspected, arrested, tried/convicted, and emprisoned than a member of the majority. Add that with the fact that there are a disproportionate number of minorities living at/below the poverty line and you have your answer.

There may be a disproportionate number of minority PRISONERS, but I feel safe in saying that if you look at the number of CRIMINALS across the races and socio-economic "classes", you will find the numbers even out.

The less you have the more likely you will resort to crime to attain things. It doesn't matter what race you are, when you're hungry, you're gonna look for ways to eat. It doesn't make it right, but it is a fact of HUMAN nature and is not exclusive to any race.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by kawz1]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think this thread is kind of rascist.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
well it seems to me that many of you are incapable of independent thought and analysis. you are forced to choose, based on the emotions present, one side or the other.

if any of you would be in a thread that claimed white people were responsible for the death of millions of indians and mexicans you would be the first to raise a flag. for some reason you have chosen this as a haven to prove your evenmindedness.

i've known people that were banned IMMEDIATELY for posting drivel like this on ATS. i suppose it's because it's a wednesday night and the mods really don't care.

i will use this thread to support my own belief that most people are mediocre and cannot therefore be expected to produce anything but that. afterall it's what's to be expected.

(by the way.. quite saying your when it's "you're")

I like your ideas (and others' in this discussion) but quit saying "quite" when it's "quit." LOL! I'm not trying to start a war.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by mlp187]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
All this poverty equals crime talk sounds like a cop out to me. I grew up poor and im not in jail. I mean there may have been a time when all minorites had to turn to was crime but Obamas preident those days are gone. Now i just think its lazyness. I mean poor or not you have a choice to commit a crime or not. Ultamitly it comes down to you.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Foreword: people jump on me, i loves my black people. seriously yall rock. my words and prejudices have nothing to do with race.

okay now im not saying that my point is solely the case. as with anything, there are a number of factors. but i would say that the fact that they have higher levels of testosterone would maybe have to do with it too. its just like when someone runs a cycle of steroids, preferrably a testosterone derivative. try spending some time with them. theyre way more hostile and lack logic. also because they have more test, they naturally have smaller brains. now if someone wants to bash me, they also consist of more fast-twitch muscle fibers. thats why they are bigger, stronger, and faster. there. call me a black lover now? no, youre only going to accuse me when i say something negative. negativity has stronger vibrations i guess.

i loooove everyone!!!

p.s. i love being anonymous!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
im a 31 year old black man from brooklyn. a bad part of brooklyn.
I have never been to jail.
FIRST there are more whites in jail than blacks so the premise of the original post is b.s.

what i learned when i was 16 when dealing with a cop who grabbed me up for a crime i didnt commit (because i had a purple jacket on) that racist people dont mind being called racist. they just find clever ways to acknowledge it. this particular cop said " well, a racist is one who raises, so i guess i am racist".

its kinda scary actually to read some of these thoughts because people dont really want to see an answer to the question. no natter what answer is given, people will just say its an excuse.

i'll answer - does it go back to slavery?
yes. unlike the holocaust (and i only use that because someone will bring it up) it was a process the lasted for centuries which also stole from a people their original culture, religion, language, names, lineage - in short; their civilization.
after chattel slavery blacks had no way of earning money.
even nowadays the job market is very limited .
i hear people speak on affirmative action and all of that but this is not an answer. affirmative action is the answer to the question "why do black people not tear up this country" dont kid yourselves.

education. after schools desegregated (sp?) the quality od education fell, and became under the control of the very same people who made it illegal for us to read. its no secret that in urban communities, the black neighborhoods have the worst resources.
ontop of that? the schools teach us that we (black folk) just popped up in 1865.

anyhow, inroder to really speak on the subject, we would have to take crime by crime,...

i can tel lyou this..we dont trust the law. we dont trust the courts. so we take law into our own hands.
we cant get jobs that can allow us to afford the B.S. they show us on TV all day. is this an excuse? no. its really silly.
but as black folks, since so called Freedom - we have looked at whatever white people have as signs of success.
kinda like george jefferson having 7 stores but not feelking like he made it until he gets the approval of mr whittendale.
like us seeing rich whites with rolls royces and nercedes' benz and suddenly you have people selkling drugs etc. just to have the same.

sorta like in George Orwell's animal farm? the pigs going in to the house and dress like and walk like the farmer,

this doesnt explain anything but why my people are F^cked up in the game.
but dont worry, we'll be alright.

oh and about that obama nonsense? all presidents are the same and just cuz im a black man doesnt mean that i support him.
let the hate continue..i guess

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
...wow , this is the most racist / ignorant thread I've seen on here in a while. The thing that amazes me though , is with any other subject we speak about on here, statements must be backed by actual fact or hardcore evidence. Once we speak about race it becomes instantly about emotions , personal experiences or third person experiences. You see alot of "The television shows this" and "This report states that" and if these forms of media coincide with the observers perception then it becomes their reality. What you see on television , in the media , and in pop culture is not reality. How many of you have been Robbed , Shot , stabbed , assaulted or been a victim of a crime by some one who is black?.... exactly!!! Personaly I think it's based on fear... for some odd reason some folks are afraid of black people. THAT is a fact! Why?... I'm not sure... I'm a minority so I don't have that fear and can't tell you where it comes from. All I can say is that there ENOUGH things in this country and world to be scared of... Being afraid of black folks isn't one of them

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join