It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US releases first part of drug aid for Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

US releases first part of drug aid for Mexico

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY – The U.S. government finally released the first part of a $400 million aid package Wednesday to support Mexico's police and soldiers in their fight against drug cartels.

The money comes at a critical time: Mexico's death toll from drug violence has soared above 4,000 so far this year, and drug-related murders and kidnappings are spilling over the U.S. border as well.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So even in this economic hiccup we and the rest of the world are experiencing, it is nice to see that we are at least continuing on with previous intentions like taking down the drug cartels even if indirectly. This I hope will eventually aid in the stopping of the illegal immigration issue. Mexicans won't be as likely to want to leave Mexico and come here, and some may even see some reason to head back on their own I'd think.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
this money will go into the drug dealers pockets,the mex government is corupted worse than our own.our govt is making to much money off the drug trade to do anything serious to stop it

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

So even in this economic hiccup we and the rest of the world are experiencing, it is nice to see that we are at least continuing on with previous intentions like taking down the drug cartels even if indirectly. This I hope will eventually aid in the stopping of the illegal immigration issue. Mexicans won't be as likely to want to leave Mexico and come here, and some may even see some reason to head back on their own I'd think.

And I hope the whites don't go to Mexico, since they can't afford living in this country anymore. Too bad there's a double standard.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I am sure most of that drug aid will be kicked back to the CIA so they can continue their secretive covert operations.

The CIA newest slogan

Viva Mexico and the money to be made there.

top topics

join