It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain to me this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The trouble I have with ouija boards is that people claim they are having contact with invisible entities. From what I understand, the ouija board works by guiding the hands of the people in the group. Well if this is the case why don't ghosts, if they exist, move light weight objects more frequently?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
unfortunatly i can not shed any real light on the matter as i am not really a "believer" of such phenomena...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus187

even if i was.

who would i be to try to tell you what to believe anyway?
just a bit of self reflection...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitaryMan

I'm not claiming any of this is real.
However if you go to google (or any search engine) and type in 'poltergeist activity' that should answer your question about why ghosts don't move objects more often.

According to some, they do.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just feel it's as trivial as sitting around with a light piece of paper and saying "Ghosts, move this." I mean back when I was a true believer I tried that several times. It never worked. Maybe there were no ghosts around but you'd think there would be plenty with all the deceased.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MilitaryMan

because Ouija boards or however you spell it open a portal for spirits to travel through ... so it's much easier for a strong entity to come through ... i once had a person in my church tell me of an experience he had with a demon using an ouija board it was crazy.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Yes, I'd assume that, the way the ouija board is billed. But what exactly is creating that portal? It certainly isn't anything the board is made of.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well I used to do the Ouija board with my mates and family when I was a bit younger, and I seen it as a bit of a laugh. I was also always sure that someone was pushing the glass, until one time I was with my mates doing it, but decided not to be part of it (I was just watching this time).

The board then spelled out things that no one there (or anyone else at all) knew about me, things that only I knew. Yes when I had done it before it had said things or candles blew out and stuff, but that all could of been someone pushing it or the wind blowing etc etc, but the last time I did it was things that no one at all knew.

That had me convinced it was real and I haven’t done it since.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilitaryMan
The trouble I have with ouija boards is that people claim they are having contact with invisible entities. From what I understand, the ouija board works by guiding the hands of the people in the group. Well if this is the case why don't ghosts, if they exist, move light weight objects more frequently?

Ouija boards are not real.
Its people moving the glass.
Its an old snake oil salesman trick.
To get money.
I have seen a group of people once do seances.
And one of the guys I know was moving the glass and made some freaky things.
They got so freaked out some had to go to hospital.
And some are still on medication.
And the guy couldnt believe that doing that caused all that.
It plays on the most massive fears in peoples subconscious minds.
And this was why it was made up, because it meant almost a sure thing when it came to getting free money.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentOrangeJuice

That's basically what I assumed. The problem with the ouija board and why people can't explain the paper vs. board scenario. Is that the group effect causes some of the members to act irratic and move the viewer themselves, consciously of subconsciously. There are just too many variables.

Also your friend is kind of an ass lol.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by MilitaryMan]

top topics

join